Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (robin_holland)      Join Date: May 2006       10-08-2007, 12:18 PM Reply   
Wow check out the Brain Sanderson interview, the new plate systems by Liquid Force are insane. In my opinion LF is the best company. They are really innovative and make one of the best products

check it out:

http://www.dailywake.com/2007/10/03/liquid-force-booth-surf-expo-2007/
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-08-2007, 3:39 PM Reply   
Are their bindings any lighter this year? Last year when I put a pair on my board I had to put a life jacket on my board just to keep it from sinking.
Old     (shagman)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-08-2007, 3:42 PM Reply   
What type of board?
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-08-2007, 3:47 PM Reply   
lyle your crazy dude...my lf set up is way light...much lighter than any of my homies c-dub set-ups...
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-08-2007, 5:03 PM Reply   
sorry but i have to say slingshot has the best plate out there, just flip a lever and change your stance while you are on the board and no flex at all with the 4 hole pattern
Old     (robin_holland)      Join Date: May 2006       10-09-2007, 5:48 AM Reply   
Kevin actually your right, but it sucks that you inner liner is separated of the binding! So I think Lf got a better option to get no heel and toe lift
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-09-2007, 6:48 AM Reply   
Kevin, I tried my buddies Slingshot on for all of about five minute, I did about 4 wake jumps then a crow-mobe the front binding spun about 90 degrees when I landed. My buddy informed me that, that spinning/turning binding is very common on his board. So I don’t necessarily agree that slingshot has the best plate or 4 hole pattern. Seemed like a knee injury waiting to happen.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-09-2007, 6:49 AM Reply   
Also, why do you want to have the option to flip a lever and change you stance? I cant think of one reason why I would want to change my stance.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-09-2007, 7:29 AM Reply   
^ me neither. the f.a.s.t. systems, lever flipping stance systems, or whatever else its called just puts a weak link b/w you and the board. ever had the baseplate come off the LF boot? not fun.

Brain sanderson... lol.

One instance where the fast system actually worked: couple chics were riding the same board. one at 12* ducked, the other at 6*. i think i changed the bindings twice, then told them to both ride at 10*. crap was too fragile to keep changing for a whole 4* of stance that neither one would notice.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-09-2007, 9:01 AM Reply   
I agree Andy. I can see an adjustable stance for entry level stuff, but by the time your dropping the coin for the high end stuff you should have your stance figured out. I personally like the 4 hole pattern idea for heal/toe lift purposes, but I have yet to see a slingshot setup in person. I am probably in the minority here, but I want ZERO play between my feet and the board. I would rather rip the inserts out of a board, than have heal and toe lift.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-09-2007, 9:10 AM Reply   
All of that extra hardware is unneccesary. With the mount holes built into the plate it eliminates all of that. The new six inch pattern that CWB has and the new plate.. Perfect.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-09-2007, 9:15 AM Reply   
i thought the inner liner being seperate would be a problem also, but i use the internal lacing system ( which is attatched to the shell of the boot and mimics (SP?) a real ankle brace in the medical industry) and it eliminates the heal lift. i know a lot of guys are cutting these out but i see multiple advantages to using it and its jus as easy to get into. i dont know why people say they are hard, they are the easiest boots ive ever had to put on!
Old     (fmaxturbosi)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-09-2007, 1:57 PM Reply   
I agree with Kevin. I've demo'd a slingshot for the last 3 weeks and it's definitely got my attention. I've pretty much decided what my 08 setup will be, since they said the Slingshot bindings will be even lighter and more comfy this coming year. All my buddies agreed that the Slingshot setup was the nicest they've ridden.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-09-2007, 2:10 PM Reply   
it's just a pain to get all of the laces undone somtimes...but kevins right...that internal ankle lace is MONEY