Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (kelli22)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-07-2007, 7:04 PM Reply   
Hey Girls! Has anyone had a chance to check out the LF Minx or Melissa bindings? I'm ordering the Jett board and can't decide which ones to get. I would really like to demo them first but thats not a option so i need some opinions.
Old     (marcy)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-07-2007, 8:01 PM Reply   
I used the Minx bindings at the Maven session yesterday and they were comfortable. I wear a 7 1/2 shoe so the mediums (sized 7-9) seemed a little sloppy on my foot. Also they have the two separate quick laces for the top and bottom sections, and they became tangled. The Minx were probably more comfortable than my regular bindings, but the way the sizes ranged just didn't fit my foot very well. They would probably fit better if you were closer to the top of the size range than the bottom. I didn't get a chance to try the Melissas.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-07-2007, 8:02 PM Reply   
Buy from Grizzly's and you can always return them (minus the cost of shipping). Kinda like a demo program.

Sorry can't advise on those bindings. This year is a board year for me, not a binding year.
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-07-2007, 10:01 PM Reply   
I've owned both, and they're both great bindings. The Melissas are definitely more luxurious though, and more supportive. If you want a really flexy boot go for the minx. It's really important to get the right size in the Melissas though - I bought the 7-9s and they were great except around my heel. i'm about a size 7 (maybe 8 - I can't figure out all these US sizes), but i think my ankle is quite narrow, so the 5-7s fitted me better.