Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (hollywood1971)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-08-2006, 10:06 PM Reply   
I have an open bow Sanger. I installed a 10 woofer in the storage area under the passenger seat. When I lift the seat slightly the bass gets much louder because the woofer can get more air. My question is has anyone ever ported the seat to allow more air for the speaker to breathe? If so where did you drill the holes and how many and how big in diamater?
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-08-2006, 10:11 PM Reply   
I was thinking of drilling some 4" holes in the carpeted area under where the seat sits to in essence, port the observer seat storage and allow for more bass to make its way out of that area. I haven't decided on whether or not to do this yet, so in the mean time I just added another sub in the driver's footwell area.

If you do it, make sure to post on how it sounds.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-09-2006, 6:26 AM Reply   
I had the same problem as you. You could hear more bass if you opend the passenger side seet.
I added ports to help bass escape. Now you cant hear a differance if the seet is open or closed. When you cut holes large enough to make a differance the pannel or seet gets pretty week and needs some support. Making a grill can add the support im talking about.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-09-2006, 10:38 AM Reply   
you can also put the sub in the walkway (facing out)
Old     (hollywood1971)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-09-2006, 9:49 PM Reply   
great thanks. What did you use to make the grill and how did you fasten it to existing material? ALos what is the exsisting material on your boat is it wood or fiberglass?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-09-2006, 9:55 PM Reply   
That is a old pic of the orignal grill I made. I have since made a new one thats made of MDF (wood) and then coverd with epoxy resin and then painted. The grill is bolted to the passenger seet threw the seat itself
Old     (hollywood1971)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-09-2006, 10:18 PM Reply   
cool thanks, I have a Sanger and the seat itself lifts up leaving the part that you cut out on your boat. The material is fiberglass so I am wondering if I cut 2 or 3 3 inch holes if it would be enought for the woofer to breathe. Did you experiment cutting less material out or did you just cut as much as you could to get the most air out? thanks again for your help. Anyone else out there do anything simular?
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-09-2006, 11:01 PM Reply   
Brian just move the sub under your dash, you might not want to start all the cutting without experience like Grant.

I have a V215 and that is where mine is along with alot of other owners.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-09-2006, 11:33 PM Reply   
Go get some plastic cup holders and cut the bottoms out. Cut your hole and place them in. Cheap easy and doesn't look half bad.
Old     (hollywood1971)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-09-2006, 11:55 PM Reply   
do you move the batteries if you put the woofer under the drivers side? I have two batteries and my amps under there now. I will see if I have room.
If not, I will try the cup holders if I can get the stock ones out with out damaging anything.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-09-2006, 11:58 PM Reply   
what year is your sanger?
both my batteries are under the back seat.
Old     (hollywood1971)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-10-2006, 12:04 AM Reply   
2001 open bow.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-20-2006, 8:22 PM Reply   
great pics grant. Thanks for posting those. I think that's my next project after I build and carpet the fascia board for my new driver's side sub.