Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old    anim8or            10-13-2005, 1:59 PM Reply   
i read on this board that a good way to get extra ballast for your boat is to try going to a local tire shop and asking if they could give you or sell you old tire balancing weights. unfortunately, i've tried calling about 10 places in los angeles and all of them say they can't sell them, they're required to recycle them. i don't know if there is a city law forcing them to recycle their waste....does anyone know of a tire shop in l.a. that may sell their old lead? i could try purchasing it at a recycling center, but i believe it is about five times more expensive there.

mike
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-13-2005, 2:26 PM Reply   
Forget the lead. Hit Troy up for Pop Bags. First class quality, and prices that'll compare with any other kinda ballast. I got a couple dozen and they rule. And he's in SoCal.

I don't have his email address, but he's here fairly frequently. Someone else around here will be able to get you the info. A few of the local SoCal ski shops carry them also.
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-13-2005, 4:53 PM Reply   
troy definitely has some nice bags, if you get a hold of him tell him i am lookin to talk with him as well
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-14-2005, 9:22 AM Reply   
Here is the link to David's article about the PoP Bags.

http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=408

Mid: I will be out the end of the month. E me with what you need.

Mike: E me and I will send you the dealer list.

Troy
PoP ProDucTs
troy@lynaminc.com