Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-26-2014, 9:04 AM Reply   
I agree with most of what has been posted. If there is a problem Tige(or any other manufacturer) should step up and fix it. Doesn't matter if its a new 50K boat or a 130K boat. If its new and has warranty they should fix it. Only issue I have here as well as with the recent Supra thread is proof. Bother were new posters and only posted threads that could be seen as trashing a brand. It begins to look as if there only purpose is to run said brand into the ground. When asked for background and proof neither stepped up with it. Both made claims many of us would agree are out there: Board racks dragging in the water, boat has been to the factory 4 times, etc. In this posters case if there were so many cracks in the boat he should have never taken delivery of the boat. No way would I ever had left the factory after repair if it wasn't fixed. I have been thru this with 2 boats from 2 different manufacturers. One stepped up quickly and the other I had to get lawyers involved. With neither did I wait a year. Thats way to long. Whats the hold up. I've owned a lot of boats(10+ inboards) and they are going to have problems. It happens as these are custom made by hand products. These aren't robot built assembly line cars. But when manufacturers don't step up and fix the issues thats a problem. If thats the case they deserve to have that information out on the inter web!! I haven't read the Tige warranty word for word, but in my experience many companies do not warranty gel spiders/ cracks as they are pretty normal.

But how do we know if thats the case. There seems to be more and more of these type of threads. They follow a similar pattern. New user, bashes a brand, goes silent or disappears. Few facts and a partial story. Company reps reply and things die down. Never find out what happened or the real story. Some may think its beyond reason but I will say it again….I have heard from multiple industry people from different companies that it is suspected that manufacturers are putting people up to basically attacking other companies. It makes sense to me after what I am seeing going on. The inboard market is very competitive. I have been around it for a long time. If you don't want to believe companies would engage in that or that their risks would be to great thats up to you. I thought it was laughable the first time an insider mentioned it, but after hearing it a few other times different places and now seeing these couple quick threads it sure makes me wonder. As some have said there are very few no biased reviews out there of our type of boats. But post up a few negative threads on wake world(or other sites) and someone googles Tige and guess what comes up right on top? Seems brilliant to me if your a competitor. But thats me and just my opinion.

I am in no way saying whether this posters problems are real or the recent Supra owners posts. Because honestly none of us have any way of knowing. So it really becomes as useless as the reviews by the companies accepting advertising dollars. Bottom line is you have to get out there and look with your own eyes and make your own choices. I've said it before and will say it again, a good dealer is far more important than the brand you own.
Old     (davidggriffith)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-26-2014, 9:11 AM Reply   
Man this thread has got me scared ive been talking with my dealer about an Rz4 i think i need to rethink this purchase
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-26-2014, 9:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
But how do we know if thats the case. There seems to be more and more of these type of threads. They follow a similar pattern. New user, bashes a brand, goes silent or disappears. Few facts and a partial story. Company reps reply and things die down. Never find out what happened or the real story. Some may think its beyond reason but I will say it again….I have heard from multiple industry people from different companies that it is suspected that manufacturers are putting people up to basically attacking other companies. It makes sense to me after what I am seeing going on. The inboard market is very competitive. I have been around it for a long time. If you don't want to believe companies would engage in that or that their risks would be to great thats up to you. I thought it was laughable the first time an insider mentioned it, but after hearing it a few other times different places and now seeing these couple quick threads it sure makes me wonder. As some have said there are very few no biased reviews out there of our type of boats. But post up a few negative threads on wake world(or other sites) and someone googles Tige and guess what comes up right on top? Seems brilliant to me if your a competitor. But thats me and just my opinion.
I would agree that it seems "Fishy", with it being their first post....

However, In both of these recent threads, the higher ups have responded with a "call me", etc..., And have seemed to be familiar with these specific cases in some way. If these were not real cases, why wouldn't the CEOs say so. I know I would, and I know they would too.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-26-2014, 9:11 AM Reply   
I seriously doubt the actual manufacturers are behind these threads. That's a bit far fetched, IMO. More likely, we're dealing with customers who are putting a manufacturer on blast on a public forum frequented by a core group of prospective future buyers with the hopes of prompting a fix. That, or its someone like jetranger, who has nothing better to do that stir us up.
Old     (TundraA22)      Join Date: Jan 2014       03-26-2014, 9:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2o2day View Post
All I can say is do not write the check until you're happy with repairs. In many ways, it is partly my fault for trusting too much. I am old school - I trust people with their word and a handshake. I am truly disappointed that so many promises were broken by what is supposed to be an extremely reputable company.
I am still confused... You can write the check but why hook it to the truck if it does not meet your satisfaction, that day in front of everyone present? Why write a check prior to inspection?

This is not adding up. Not saying there is nothing wrong with your boat but very confused as to how you can have ownership of it with the problems you are saying, IF you inspected prior to latching the trailer hitch.
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-26-2014, 10:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
I seriously doubt the actual manufacturers are behind these threads. That's a bit far fetched, IMO. More likely, we're dealing with customers who are putting a manufacturer on blast on a public forum frequented by a core group of prospective future buyers with the hopes of prompting a fix. That, or its someone like jetranger, who has nothing better to do that stir us up.

Agreed. I highly doubt this is some conspiracy by a mystery company to hurt its competition. In the Supra thread, Rick Tinker replied multiple times and actually provided some updates on what was happening so I highly doubt that there was nothing to that story. Judging by the fact that the owner hasn't been heard from again would say that it is probably being taken care of. The Tige guys aren't doing that in this thread, except to drop off a random phone number and then never talk again which when compared to how Supra responded, doesn't make them look too good.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-26-2014, 11:30 AM Reply   
If I am a manufacturer I do what they did and never say another thing. These boards get into a he said she said and get out of freaking control quick.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       03-26-2014, 11:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TundraA22 View Post
I am still confused... You can write the check but why hook it to the truck if it does not meet your satisfaction, that day in front of everyone present? Why write a check prior to inspection?

This is not adding up. Not saying there is nothing wrong with your boat but very confused as to how you can have ownership of it with the problems you are saying, IF you inspected prior to latching the trailer hitch.
Jason the OP stated in an earlier post (not saying this makes it ok) that he is old school and does things based on trust and an honest hand shake. Having parents in their 70's that have been married 45 years and both self employed business owners, I can honestly say my father does business in a similar way. Old school, your word is your bond, and a hand shake. Not saying he hasn't ever been burned, but there are still people out there that do business based on a persons word, promise, and a handshake. Even without a thorough inspection. Again, not saying this is the ideal way of going about business (especially a 90k purchase), just saying there are people out there that have this mind set.
Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-26-2014, 9:27 PM Reply   
So RB ( boardman74) have you inspected your new boat yet? Need some help looking at it?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-26-2014, 11:21 PM Reply   
So did you give Rick a call?
Old     (TundraA22)      Join Date: Jan 2014       03-27-2014, 1:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakedaveup View Post
Jason the OP stated in an earlier post (not saying this makes it ok) that he is old school and does things based on trust and an honest hand shake. Having parents in their 70's that have been married 45 years and both self employed business owners, I can honestly say my father does business in a similar way. Old school, your word is your bond, and a hand shake. Not saying he hasn't ever been burned, but there are still people out there that do business based on a persons word, promise, and a handshake. Even without a thorough inspection. Again, not saying this is the ideal way of going about business (especially a 90k purchase), just saying there are people out there that have this mind set.

Dave
I am still very much old school and yes I believe in a handshake everyday and I am very trusting. I help run a business and that is how we do things. However, I am going based off what he is saying. He stated that the boat was filled with trash, nylon ties, fiberglass shavings, the trailer had overspray on, and bad repair to gel. If you were buying a new car/truck and went to pick it up and it had these things laying on the floor, would you write a check and leave with it? Even if it was an old vehicle and getting repairs done at a shop, if it had the visible issues (not wiring or leaks) that he is saying, there is no way you drive away with it. Just the overspray on the trailer would have made me let the thing.

All I am saying is the OP makes it sound like these things are so blatant, then why take it?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-27-2014, 2:44 AM Reply   
Really? If Ho2day was a man about this,he would pull up his pants and talk to Rick. Instead all we hear is his whining and asking strangers to help him stir the pot. A man would take matters into his own hands and talk to the people at the manufacturer to get this problem resolved.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       03-27-2014, 6:02 AM Reply   
I agree with some of that absolutely. Ties and shavings can easily be overlooked upon a first inspection, but the trash, that's pretty tough to miss. I just vacuumed my whole boats after installing a few thru hulls and I'm still finding shavings I thought I got the first time. I've seen boats with ties in the bilge that were easily overlooked the first time. It happens, but trash and overspray I agree would be very hard to miss and no I would not have taken the boat like that, but we also have to remember that not everyone that buys 90k boats is a veteran boater or even somebody that's been around boats much. Salesman seem to get hammered on here a bit, but most know I sell nautiques. I've sold guys 100k boats that called me and ripped my head off because the boat didn't start, yet they didn't realize the throttle wasn't in neutral (which is always explained on demo and delivery) and it was user error the whole time. Those same people also apologized and learned from it when they realized it was their error. My point is we can't hold everyone to the same accountability as a seasoned or veteran boater. Or somebody that has bought mulitple boats in their life. Now if the OP has purchased mulitple boats or is a veteran boater than there's just no excuse and at this point I would stop posting here and seek legal council if he feels he's been done that wrong. That's pretty much the next step as now this thread has become a beaten drum
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-27-2014, 8:19 AM Reply   
@h2o2day..I have not seen my boat in anything except for pictures. It is still in the factory shrink sitting in the dealers storage. Still to cold/ wet and snowy up here to want to unwrap it. You can bet it will receive a intense inspection and water test before I ever take it home. We buy a new boat every year so this isn't my first new boat by any means.

And yes I would always accept help inspecting the boat. What did you have in mind?
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       03-27-2014, 9:04 AM Reply   
A big issue is the dealer. Many boats will have imperfections and many dealers promise get the issues fixed. How often do you hear "bring it back on service and we'll take care of it". My last boat had an imperfection in the gel and the dealer said use the boat for summer and in the off season they would have it fixed. I took their word on it and they handled it in the off season. Kudos to them. Now if the dealer is a bit shady, they just need you to take delivery of the boat, then they really do not have to deal with you I they choose not too. It's a poor way to do business, but it happens a lot.

The smart thing to do is to not accept delivery until everything you are dissatisfied with is fixed. But it's a brand new boat, you just spent 60k-150k on a boat that your excited to use, and we EXPECT dealer support. Unfortunately that support is not always there. But if the dealer is not going to give you support, the manufacturer should get involved, the dealer represents the manufacturer and stories about dealers not helping should not be tolerated. At least with a car if your dealer sucks, you can go 2 miles away to another dealer. And car manufacturers pay attention to those customer surveys, trust me on that one.

These boats cost as much as a Porsche, and I can assure you when you walk into a Porsche dealership, they kiss your ass. It's funny with boats how some dealers have the take it or leave it attitude with someone willing to spend more money than the salesman may make in a few years
Old     (kme3113)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-27-2014, 10:17 AM Reply   
I have been following this story and keep hoping we are going to get some more pictures of the issues. H2o2day, can you post some cell phone pics of the other issues. If you want to show they are not standing up to their word it would certainly help to see the evidence. You have already posted a few pics already but why not any others to validate the issues? Everytime time I check this thread I am hoping for more pics but so far nothing
Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-27-2014, 3:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kme3113 View Post
I have been following this story and keep hoping we are going to get some more pictures of the issues. H2o2day, can you post some cell phone pics of the other issues. If you want to show they are not standing up to their word it would certainly help to see the evidence. You have already posted a few pics already but why not any others to validate the issues? Everytime time I check this thread I am hoping for more pics but so far nothing
Sorry I do not have quality photos. I did not think I would need to document everything. As soon as I have chance to travel 952.19 miles down to Arizona they will be available.
Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-27-2014, 3:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
@h2o2day..I have not seen my boat in anything except for pictures. It is still in the factory shrink sitting in the dealers storage. Still to cold/ wet and snowy up here to want to unwrap it. You can bet it will receive a intense inspection and water test before I ever take it home. We buy a new boat every year so this isn't my first new boat by any means.

And yes I would always accept help inspecting the boat. What did you have in mind?
Anything you want. What to look for and where.
Old     (kme3113)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-27-2014, 4:44 PM Reply   
H2o... I am not trying to call you a liar or anything like that but I think we are all intersted to see the pictures. It sounds like a complete headache to be dealing with and hopefuly they are able to get it resolved.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-27-2014, 4:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Really? If Ho2day was a man about this,he would pull up his pants and talk to Rick. Instead all we hear is his whining and asking strangers to help him stir the pot. A man would take matters into his own hands and talk to the people at the manufacturer to get this problem resolved.
I think your tige goggles are keeping you from reading other posts in the thread. He did call, multiple times, the number rick gave is just the tige business line basically....gets you nowhere.
Old     (bspot5)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-27-2014, 7:36 PM Reply   
Quote:

Boardman, make sure you inspect the top of the tower. My boat looked like they picked the tower up while the paint was still wet and mad ripples in the finish. Looked like $#!t.
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-27-2014, 8:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Sorry I do not have quality photos. I did not think I would need to document everything. As soon as I have chance to travel 952.19 miles down to Arizona they will be available.
don't feed the troll
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-28-2014, 2:25 PM Reply   
i own a small company and we have customers lie to us all the time. Just had one that lied to be able to get a full refund on printer he purchased. No clue what happened here but this guy spent a grand on a printer a lied even though I said it might cost my sales person her job. Glad I am not selling 80k plus boats. Cant imagine the BS that comes with that!
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       03-28-2014, 3:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Attached Images

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-29-2014, 7:46 AM Reply   
A customer would never lie. Neither would a boat owner. They might stretch the truth a little or exaggerate a little ,but never lie.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-29-2014, 7:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
A customer would never lie. Neither would a boat owner. They might stretch the truth a little or exaggerate a little ,but never lie.
Says the guy who goes wake-to-wake w/out ballast at 95 feet...
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       03-29-2014, 8:46 PM Reply   
Lol
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-30-2014, 4:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
Says the guy who goes wake-to-wake w/out ballast at 95 feet...
At least I have video to prove it. So what's your point? I guess your jealous.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-30-2014, 5:08 AM Reply   
Hahaha you know what this thread needs? Moar cowbell!
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       03-30-2014, 7:09 AM Reply   
More cowbell!
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-30-2014, 7:35 AM Reply   
While I'm all for keeping companies accountable, I'm not a big fan of these situations where 1 side raises allegations without providing any evidence that he or she has been wronged. I'm not saying these situations did or did not happen, but if you are so sure you have been wronged and want to drag someone's name through the mud, then take ownership of your claims. Put something out there to show that these things have actually happened and, put your name behind them.
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       03-30-2014, 8:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Really? Now I'm really smelling a troll. What boat owner takes possession of a $90k boat and doesn't take pictures, even just to show of on Facebook or WW? I know when I picked mine up I took at least a dozen pics before I even left the parking lot, and at least a dozen more as soon as it hit the water.

I call shenanigans that you even own the boat if you didn't take any pics as soon you picked it up
Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-30-2014, 9:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
I went to the Tige factory in Abilene Texas to inspect my boat before it was shipped back the second time. Repairs did not look good at all on sides of boat, humps, bumps, It still had cracks in the fiberglass, pits in the gel coat, coats of gel coat sanded thru showing layers of gel coat with different variations of colors This was at least the third time the gel coat had been redone. Once when it was built, once or twice in Colorado, once at factory again. Ask Rick after he came out of his office about 3 hours after I arrived if he could make the sides of my boat look as good as the new boat on his showroom. He agreed he could.
After factory head honcho came out of his office, promised he would repair sides of boat correctly, fix trailer back-up solenoid which was not even his problem, get a professional detail company to clean boat inside and out, I was thinking they are finally stepping up and doing the right thing. I was a Big Tige fan again. 28 days with no contact from anyone from tige I called dealer no answer. Called Marcia in California who schedules transportation. She said everyone has been scrambling to get the new asr boat ready for the show in Reno. Finally received call back said finishing up with boat. I found a person in Abilene who would stop by factory and look at my boat on my behalf. tige said," they will let me know when boat is ready to be inspected ". 10 days later it was ready for inspection????? I really do not think my boat had been worked on this whole time since my factory visit. asr was priority. Just sat in the corner collecting overspray. Asked tige to please have boat parked inside of building so inspection could be done on gel coat repairs properly. When he showed up boat was outside in the sunshine. Very hard to see repairs on white and bright yellow in the sun. He looked at repairs and said that they seemed ok. He was not looking for overspray, dings, scratches. Boat was shipped back to Arizona. I arrived a few days later to find overspray on everything, ding in the rub rail, scratch on windshield frame, big chip in gel coat on edge of starboard hatch looks like they slammed something in it, big scratch on front of trailer looks like a fork lift hit it, compound splatters everywhere. I called tige advised them how the boat was delivered. Definitely not detailed as promised and additional damage occurred by carelessness or sabotage.
Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-30-2014, 9:52 AM Reply   
To all the haters. Before it went back to the factory.
Attached Images

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-30-2014, 10:47 AM Reply   
Whelp folks. There you have it.
Old     (retoxtony)      Join Date: Apr 2012       03-30-2014, 11:51 AM Reply   
Seriously, thats all you have for pics of it when your having these kind of issues? I can't say i'm really believing much now. If i bought a 90k boat and it was having issues like you claim, i would have hundreds of pics to document EVERYTHING. Not calling you a liar but why would people believe it when you have nothing in the way of proof?
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       03-30-2014, 12:12 PM Reply   
Well since it no longer takes proof to trash a company, I bought a 2017 Super Air Nauti-bu Awesome Craft and it was an absolute piece of crap boat. They forgot to put seats in it, they put the motor in backwards, it has no steering wheel, and only half a windshield. They also charged my credit card too much money and I took it out for 10 rides this season before I noticed any of these problems. I keep trying to get them to fix it, but their customer service suck and keeps telling me that is the way the boat was supposed to be. I can't believe I wasted $300,000 on this piece of junk. I also didn't take any pictures of any of these problems, hoping that people would believe me since I'm such an honest and trustworthy person in real life....

BTW, this is how stupid you sound right now
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       03-30-2014, 12:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastR3DN3K View Post
Well since it no longer takes proof to trash a company, I bought a 2017 Super Air Nauti-bu Awesome Craft and it was an absolute piece of crap boat. They forgot to put seats in it, they put the motor in backwards, it has no steering wheel, and only half a windshield. They also charged my credit card too much money and I took it out for 10 rides this season before I noticed any of these problems. I keep trying to get them to fix it, but their customer service suck and keeps telling me that is the way the boat was supposed to be. I can't believe I wasted $300,000 on this piece of junk. I also didn't take any pictures of any of these problems, hoping that people would believe me since I'm such an honest and trustworthy person in real life....

BTW, this is how stupid you sound right now

Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-30-2014, 2:07 PM Reply   
As much as I dislike Tige after owning two and thinking the regional reps are POS' that don't keep their word I think you are either a liar or inept. If you didn't document this stuff with photos and notes you are ignorant. If you did take pictures you should have posted them up with your original grievance.

Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-30-2014, 3:09 PM Reply   
I think I remember you saying you had bought a Z3?? That isn't even a Z3. Its probably a RZ2 or possible a RZ4. Considering the big RZ on the side its for sure not a Z3.
Old     (nautibouys)      Join Date: Aug 2010       03-30-2014, 3:44 PM Reply   
(h2o2day) Join Date: Mar 2014 03-21-2014, 8:17 PM Reply Quick Reply
Damage at the factory, repaired at the factory sent to dealer brand, new boat!! This has been going on for a year 2013 RZ4
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-30-2014, 3:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
At least I have video to prove it. So what's your point? I guess your jealous.
I simply couldn't resist. All in good fun, Robert. ;-)
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-30-2014, 4:37 PM Reply   
Damage at the factory, repaired at the factory sent to dealer brand, new boat!! This has been going on for a year 2013 RZ4

My bad, I thought I remembered reading in one of his posts it was a Z3.
Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       04-08-2014, 7:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Damage at the factory, repaired at the factory sent to dealer, brand new boat!! This has been going on for a year 2013 RZ4

My bad, I thought I remembered reading in one of his posts it was a Z3.
Have you looked at your boat yet? Curious if tige has any quality control in place now? I looked at MC video on quality inspections, maybe tige should take some lessons!
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-08-2014, 8:07 AM Reply   
I have not. Probably in the next couple weeks. We had 10.5 inches of snow on Friday!!! Still icefishing on some of the lakes. we easily have 2 more weeks of ice on the lakes!

Also my boat was made in early January so maybe not the best example of what is currently happening.