Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-23-2014, 11:51 AM Reply   
I just love the entitlement of wakeboat owners, where else do you see consumers running there problems right up the organizational chain of command to the GM/VP of a company. This VP at tige just threw out whats probably his cell phone number right on a public forum.
Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-23-2014, 12:12 PM Reply   
No it's the main number in Abilene Texas they open up at 8:00 am, on April 30th 2013 I started calling at 8:00 am someone finally answered at 8:34 am
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-23-2014, 12:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brycejb328 View Post
I just love the entitlement of wakeboat owners, where else do you see consumers running there problems right up the organizational chain of command to the GM/VP of a company. This VP at tige just threw out whats probably his cell phone number right on a public forum.
So what. For the amount of customers they have, it is not a big deal. Tige sells, what, 600-700 new boats a year?? And the same goes for any of the boat companies......

If they had 50k new customers, it would be a different story, but at this scale, the VPs should be very much involved in customer service, when the situation warrants it.

If it is a good boat company, they should see less than a 2-4% occurrence of situations, like this, per year. If the higher ups don't have time for that........well...... they are not nearly as important to the company as they think they are.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       03-23-2014, 2:02 PM Reply   
Anyone want to take bets on how long it will be until we see a version 3.0 of this thread bashing Mastercraft, Malibu, or Correct Craft? Or will they just not bash them because they are "The Big 3"
IMO these threads should have been close and locked as of day 1, considering that the owners/presidents/ceo/whoever is in charge stepped up and contacted the OP immediately to offer to help resolve the issue personally.
You can't accomplish anything else here besides have a pity party. If you can't get it worked out with the head cheese, your only other option is to lawyer up and have the courts decide what should be done.
I have never had the head of a company step in and offer to help me out personally. Normally you just get someone passing the buck on these one off issues. The fact that he has reached out to you speaks volumes for their commitment to their customers.

TLDR: Contact Rick, get it fixed.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-23-2014, 2:11 PM Reply   
unless your boat is breaking in two and you have PICTURES OR VIDEO.

WE DONT CARE, ITS NOT OUR PROBLEM
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-23-2014, 3:26 PM Reply   
Incorrect. These threads are keeping manufacturers honest IMO. I've seen virtually all manufacturers targeted.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-23-2014, 4:04 PM Reply   
Am I the only one NOT particularly impressed by the "big cheeses" and their posts in these threads?

It strikes me as a desperate PR move, and judging by the way everybody here jumps in to praise them for their 1-2 posts (followed by silence) it seems to be working.

Look, if these guys reaching out is genuine, then great. But a post or two does not reveal what's going on behind the scenes and how these customers are really being treated. In both cases I believe the CEO's had already been involved, right? So we're supposed to believe that suddenly NOW, after months of frustration, they want to help a guy out?

IDK... just smells fishy. Am I alone in this line of thinking?
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-23-2014, 4:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
Incorrect. These threads are keeping manufacturers honest IMO. I've seen virtually all manufacturers targeted.
Boats are handmade and have variation, therefore there will always be issues, its not limited to one manufacturer

i don't understand how this thread and the supra thread bring anything positive. in both circumstances the manufacturer extends an olive branch, we don't get a story worth a damn, problem or resolution so we can just imagine what may or may not be happening. Whose to say this isn't just some troll with a brand new user name?

our ability to post these threads keeps them honest. but they need to be killed or validated after corell or tinker post etc. what would be really nice is if the manufacturer shed light on their resolution.

everyones anecdotes about bad experience good experience and a whiney OP bring nothing positive.

Being mistreated by a manufacturer/dealer? post emails, post pics, dates, not just a bunch of hot air.

its fun to watch everyones panties wad up but after page one it just gets old when the OP screams the same thing over and over or adds some odd new detail out of nowhere...

Last edited by simplej; 03-23-2014 at 4:12 PM.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-23-2014, 4:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
nope, but it stinks on both sides....
but it at least shows the manufacturer has their head in the game and cares enough to comment, rather than killing the thread ehem master craft...

Last edited by simplej; 03-23-2014 at 4:13 PM.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-23-2014, 4:23 PM Reply   
"IMO these threads should have been close and locked as of day 1"...One more person that needs to go back to school to learn about free speech. Sorry YOU disapprove. Don't like it. Tune out.

I personally said plenty of honest things about my Nautique and it's faults.

"Boats are handmade and have variation." True but not what we are talking about. Using too long a screw that can rub a gas tank...That is because of variation? Dropping unused parts in the boat during assembly, due to variation? Chattwake said it well, "These threads are keeping manufacturers honest." They can run a better business, build better product, have better dealers, and better customer support. And people will recognize it and stand up for it.

"They need to be killed or validated". Go to school learn about free speech. I do agree that these threads are anti-climactic. We don't know honestly what happened, and usually we don't find out how they turn out but that is not the point of a web forum. This is not a algebraic proof or a computer program where you can analyze the program and see how it comes out. It is a place were people can hang out, say what they want, maybe get some help, or maybe just get beat up. Don't like it, leave. If it gets old for you then leave. But then again, it is about free speech, if you want to bitch about how useless these threads are then do that too, but that is pretty much like watching a tv show you hate and complaining about it. Watch it and shut up or change the channel. (Or just go to the forum for the boat you own, and hang out there.) omg the guy who wants the thread killed or validated owns a tige. hmmm. I own a nautique and i never wanted a thread killed. Not because it is a better boat, I don't think it is, but because I believe in free speech.

Last edited by scottb7; 03-23-2014 at 4:27 PM.
Old     (PAE)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-23-2014, 4:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
Thank you Chattwake!! It is exactly what needs to happen and continue to happen. All manufacturers need to be held accountable. It doesn't matter if it is on a forum, in an office, on the phone, in a courtroom or with the BBB. I would be willing to bet that Rick knows the story and is unwilling to come forward on this forum and admit to this. I am calling on Rick to step up and come forward and tell his side of the story. There have been numerous consumers on this forum that have come forward with negative stories regarding poor QC effort by the manufacturer. I can understand the "occasional defect," but the consistent, on-going problems that depict similar themes are unacceptable. It's only fair that this information is allowed to be published on public forums.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-23-2014, 4:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottb7 View Post
"IMO these threads should have been close and locked as of day 1"...One more person that needs to go back to school to learn about free speech. Sorry YOU disapprove. Don't like it. Tune out.

I personally said plenty of honest things about my Nautique and it's faults.

"Boats are handmade and have variation." True but not what we are talking about. Using too long a screw that can rub a gas tank...That is because of variation? Dropping unused parts in the boat during assembly, due to variation? Chattwake said it well, "These threads are keeping manufacturers honest." They can run a better business, build better product, have better dealers, and better customer support. And people will recognize it and stand up for it.

"They need to be killed or validated". Go to school learn about free speech. I do agree that these threads are anti-climactic. We don't know honestly what happened, and usually we don't find out how they turn out but that is not the point of a web forum. This is not a algebraic proof or a computer program where you can analyze the program and see how it comes out. It is a place were people can hang out, say what they want, maybe get some help, or maybe just get beat up. Don't like it, leave. If it gets old for you then leave. But then again, it is about free speech, if you want to bitch about how useless these threads are then do that too, but that is pretty much like watching a tv show you hate and complaining about it. Watch it and shut up or change the channel. (Or just go to the forum for the boat you own, and hang out there.) omg the guy who wants the thread killed or validated owns a tige. hmmm. I own a nautique and i never wanted a thread killed. Not because it is a better boat, I don't think it is, but because I believe in free speech.
yes of course i need to go back to school for free speech...
though i can see how you get that from my post. what I'm really getting at is that we are feeding the fire with all this anecdotal BS. as i said for all we know, without any validity, for all we know both these threads could be trolling....

the reason I'm tuned in is to see a.) what could be so wrong with these peoples boats that they need to post their woes here instead of just handle it with the dealer and b.) hold out for a resolution c.) watch robert t's panties wad up

i love how you point out the fact the we have a tige, thanks for that, in fact ill be the first to tell you about tige qa issues in a PM, but i don't feel the need to scream them from the hilltops unless things really hit the fan. and my feelings about the supra thread are the same, i don't own a supra... i wanted pics and vids in that thread so bad cause it just sounded so ridiculous

yes the manufacturer needs to be held accountable but again posting pics dates and emails of them hanging you out to dry does that, hot air does not, any troll can make a user name and blast brand x y and z.

Last edited by simplej; 03-23-2014 at 4:47 PM.
Old     (PAE)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-23-2014, 4:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Am I the only one NOT particularly impressed by the "big cheeses" and their posts in these threads?

It strikes me as a desperate PR move, and judging by the way everybody here jumps in to praise them for their 1-2 posts (followed by silence) it seems to be working.

Look, if these guys reaching out is genuine, then great. But a post or two does not reveal what's going on behind the scenes and how these customers are really being treated. In both cases I believe the CEO's had already been involved, right? So we're supposed to believe that suddenly NOW, after months of frustration, they want to help a guy out?

No you are not. I could not agree with you more!
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-23-2014, 5:05 PM Reply   
i agree with simplej that pics and vids would be very easy and very reasonable, especially if someone does not quite reasonably want to be questioned for their truthfulness.
Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-23-2014, 5:41 PM Reply   
Overspray on trailer
Attached Images

Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-23-2014, 5:47 PM Reply   
Overspray on trailer
Attached Images

Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-23-2014, 5:52 PM Reply   
^thats pretty nasty....
gel overspray? they don't do gel in the booth?

Last edited by simplej; 03-23-2014 at 5:54 PM.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-23-2014, 5:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
yes of course i need to go back to school for free speech...
though i can see how you get that from my post. what I'm really getting at is that we are feeding the fire with all this anecdotal BS. as i said for all we know, without any validity, for all we know both these threads could be trolling....

the reason I'm tuned in is to see a.) what could be so wrong with these peoples boats that they need to post their woes here instead of just handle it with the dealer and b.) hold out for a resolution c.) watch robert t's panties wad up

i love how you point out the fact the we have a tige, thanks for that, in fact ill be the first to tell you about tige qa issues in a PM, but i don't feel the need to scream them from the hilltops unless things really hit the fan. and my feelings about the supra thread are the same, i don't own a supra... i wanted pics and vids in that thread so bad cause it just sounded so ridiculous

yes the manufacturer needs to be held accountable but again posting pics dates and emails of them hanging you out to dry does that, hot air does not, any troll can make a user name and blast brand x y and z.
Simple j that's hilarious. I don't wear panties. I go commando. Have you even considered that the dealer may have shipped the boat to a gelcoat repair facility and told the OP it was going to the factory. There has not been one shred of real evidence, other than words typed on a page. The OP even stated Rick hasn't called him. So everyone is hanging Rick with no "REAL EVIDENCE" from the OP. I haven't defended Tige. All i've done is say "Where's the beef?" Words and hearsay aren't admissible in court. Why should they be considered evidence on Wakeworld. Just like the Supra thread i saw no evidence there so i doubted the validity of that story too.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       03-23-2014, 6:05 PM Reply   
It amazes me the idiots that say close the thread, don't tell your story, u r a troll. And then, Just cuz some CEO, rep, or employee posts their companies public number on the thread theyr some great person that cares ,,,,,,, it don't mean jack sh!!!t. It is called i see my company about to get exposed for my inferior product we let leave the factory messed up to begin withand I'm saying oh sh!!!!t as I am reading this,, that is if op is being truthful. U don't think the buyer of a tige with numerous issues has that number locked in his phone. People say they don't care about hearing this stuff but yet if it was u fighting that battle to protect your hard earned investment and money and u have been jerked around for months on end and your boat still wasn't right what would u do? U would turn to the net to expose them if u have given them ample time and opportunity to fix your boat. U all speak up like u have first hand knowledge that u were the ones who prepped it and tested it before leaving the factory and u prepped it for the buyer to pick up for the first time. Hell maybe some of u guys were the gelcoat sprayers at the factory the way u protect the manufacturers. There r some really cool, helpful, and nice people here such as chatt and others but some real deuchebags as well. O. P. Tell ur story, put the info out there, make tige step up and fix ur boat or replace it, my buddy never got his right and paid for it when traded unfortunately. Don't listen to the haters bashing u
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-23-2014, 6:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Simple j that's hilarious. I don't wear panties. I go commando. Have you even considered that the dealer may have shipped the boat to a gelcoat repair facility and told the OP it was going to the factory. There has not been one shred of real evidence, other than words typed on a page. The OP even stated Rick hasn't called him. So everyone is hanging Rick with no "REAL EVIDENCE" from the OP. I haven't defended Tige. All i've done is say "Where's the beef?" Words and hearsay aren't admissible in court. Why should they be considered evidence on Wakeworld. Just like the Supra thread i saw no evidence there so i doubted the validity of that story too.
I'm just yanking your chain robert, you know that!
i don't believe for a second that supra was dipping its board racks or any of that crap...
Look,
if you're going to implode all of wake world for the second time in one week, may as well have good evidence. but it looks like were starting to get to some meat here.

Last edited by simplej; 03-23-2014 at 6:10 PM.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-23-2014, 6:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEnNC View Post
It amazes me the idiots that say close the thread, don't tell your story, u r a troll. And then, Just cuz some CEO, rep, or employee posts their companies public number on the thread theyr some great person that cares ,,,,,,, it don't mean jack sh!!!t. It is called i see my company about to get exposed for my inferior product we let leave the factory messed up to begin withand I'm saying oh sh!!!!t as I am reading this,, that is if op is being truthful. U don't think the buyer of a tige with numerous issues has that number locked in his phone. People say they don't care about hearing this stuff but yet if it was u fighting that battle to protect your hard earned investment and money and u have been jerked around for months on end and your boat still wasn't right what would u do? U would turn to the net to expose them if u have given them ample time and opportunity to fix your boat. U all speak up like u have first hand knowledge that u were the ones who prepped it and tested it before leaving the factory and u prepped it for the buyer to pick up for the first time. Hell maybe some of u guys were the gelcoat sprayers at the factory the way u protect the manufacturers. There r some really cool, helpful, and nice people here such as chatt and others but some real deuchebags as well. O. P. Tell ur story, put the info out there, make tige step up and fix ur boat or replace it, my buddy never got his right and paid for it when traded unfortunately. Don't listen to the haters bashing u

Da moose? is that you?
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       03-23-2014, 6:18 PM Reply   
And out Of all the complaints named someone wants to call him out on the ice chest leak? Seriously? Whose the real troll?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-23-2014, 6:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
I bet you wouldn't want to be accused of a crime and have the Wake World crew as your jury. If they believed your accuser with just words from their mouth and no evidence you would be in big trouble.
Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-23-2014, 6:32 PM Reply   
I went to the Tige factory in Abilene Texas to inspect my boat before it was shipped back the second time. Repairs did not look good at all on sides of boat, humps, bumps, It still had cracks in the fiberglass, pits in the gel coat, coats of gel coat sanded thru showing layers of gel coat with different variations of colors This was at least the third time the gel coat had been redone. Once when it was built, once or twice in Colorado, once at factory again. Ask Rick after he came out of his office about 3 hours after I arrived if he could make the sides of my boat look as good as the new boat on his showroom. He agreed he could.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-23-2014, 6:35 PM Reply   
colorado, a WWS boat, supposed to be a good dealer.. plot thickens
Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-23-2014, 6:51 PM Reply   
I have 1 almost new Tige for sale very, very low hours, Tige had possession of it more than I did last year. Guess the price?
Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-23-2014, 6:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
^thats pretty nasty....
gel overspray? they don't do gel in the booth?
What booth??
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-23-2014, 7:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
There has not been one shred of real evidence, other than words typed on a page. The OP even stated Rick hasn't called him. So everyone is hanging Rick with no "REAL EVIDENCE" from the OP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2o2day View Post
Really, Rick? After months and months of trying to reach you, now you'd take my call? Sounds like effortless customer service.
Right you are, Robert... technically Rick has not talked to the OP, as stated above.

Last edited by ixfe; 03-23-2014 at 7:10 PM.
Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-23-2014, 7:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Right you are, Robert... technically Rick has not talked to the OP, as stated above.
I stopped leaving messages with rick the end of august would not return my calls. Started dealing with local dealer.
Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-23-2014, 7:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
I stopped leaving messages with rick the end of august would not return my calls. Started dealing with local dealer.
Sorry this is not a true fact it was October.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-23-2014, 7:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
So you didn't go to the dealer first?
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       03-23-2014, 7:26 PM Reply   
Sounds similar To my buddy's tige ownership. Lot of promises and big shots saying they were gonna square him away and do this and that for him. He wouldn't even get calls back when they told him they would. His regional service rep said he was meeting with all the big wigs from tige at surf expo and he patiently awaited a call that never came after many months of b.s. He just continued to get jerked around until he had enough and traded it in on a Byerly. His dealer now is white lake nautique and he raves about their and nautiques customer service. And if mr tige president is reading this u probably remember a guy named tom who is a Lexus sales manager that ur company screwed over and jerked around. Remember him?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-23-2014, 7:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
It's funny how you believe this OP,but not the OP in the Supra thread.Owners Goggles?
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-23-2014, 7:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
It's funny how you believe this OP,but not the OP in the Supra thread.Owners Goggles?
Pot meet kettle?

DBC rolls a bu anywho...
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-23-2014, 7:30 PM Reply   
If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-23-2014, 7:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Surely you have me confused with somebody else. I don't own a Tige or a Supra. Never have. And I don't recall posting anything in the Supra thread.

The only one wearing goggles is you, sir.
Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-23-2014, 7:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Sounds similar To my buddy's tige ownership. Lot of promises and big shots saying they were gonna square him away and do this and that for him. He wouldn't even get calls back when they told him they would. His regional service rep said he was meeting with all the big wigs from tige at surf expo and he patiently awaited a call that never came after many months of b.s. He just continued to get jerked around until he had enough and traded it in on a Byerly. His dealer now is white lake nautique and he raves about their and nautiques customer service. And if mr tige president is reading this u probably remember a guy named tom who is a Lexus sales manager that ur company screwed over and jerked around. Remember him?
White Lake, NC my wife grew up on that lake. Small world gettin smaller
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-23-2014, 7:36 PM Reply   
Pretty sure it does make a sound since I heard a deaf girl fart.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-23-2014, 7:46 PM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (masongardner)      Join Date: Jan 2014       03-23-2014, 7:54 PM Reply   
This is better than Prime time tv! I hope you get your boat fixed no matter who does it. For 90 grand I would want it perfect.
Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-23-2014, 8:08 PM Reply   
Pretty sure I will be taking care of the boat myself. Knew that going in. Hopefully this will save some innocent soul some grief.
Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-23-2014, 8:29 PM Reply   
Moderator will you please kill this thread. I need some rest and need more positive things to focus on, it is just a boat. Thank you! Rick, Bill, Charlie hope you get what you deserve.
Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-23-2014, 8:37 PM Reply   
Roger -over & out
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-23-2014, 9:04 PM Reply   
Man's not happy: Let him speak his peace. You don't agree, post yours.

It's kinda how this whole internet thing works......
Old     (PAE)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-23-2014, 9:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Moderator will you please kill this thread. I need some rest and need more positive things to focus on, it is just a boat. Thank you! Rick, Bill, Charlie hope you get what you deserve.
With everything that has been said in this thread, I do not think it should be put to rest. This is a quality thread that will give potential buyers much needed information about one company. The boat market is saturated and buyers need to let their money speak. The more quality information that is out there about a product/company the better. I appreciate the buyers who spoke up in this thread and gave honest feedback about their experience. H202day, keep us posted about your progress.

In closing, Rick Correll, maybe a few words from a man that has built a multibillion dollar business might help. This comes from a 2004 Businessweek article with Jeff Bezos, the CEO of Amazon. "If you do build a great experience, customers tell each other about that. Word of mouth is very powerful."

Last edited by PAE; 03-23-2014 at 9:23 PM. Reason: .
Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-23-2014, 9:43 PM Reply   
Dude thanks for the words of wisdom. Sometimes you will not always remember somebody's name but you will always remember how they made you feel.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-23-2014, 10:12 PM Reply   
i think its cool the ceo chimes in so early in the thread. I think its piss poor thats all he says. In all fairness it'd be hard to comment on this without looking like a jerk but thats why he gets paid the big bucks. Better come up with something good and quick though as the silence speaks louder than that customer service hotline. If you think the thread should be killed, perhaps we should annex it into russia while we're at it. The censorship would fit right in with that line of thought.

Last edited by bass10after; 03-23-2014 at 10:22 PM.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-23-2014, 10:28 PM Reply   
This forum is used as a sounding board, to get help, seek advice etc. As an example people have had problems with wetsounds and created threads here as well. Each and every time wetsounds makes it right, the person who created the thread updates us all on the wonderful customer service and we all get a good feeling knowing that even though there are mishaps you can trust that at the end of the day your money will not go to waste if you purchase from them. I hope the same thing happens in this thread as well. (theres other examples from companies, but i chose WS as i had a problem first hand, posted a question here and had it fixed by the next day)

Last edited by bass10after; 03-23-2014 at 10:31 PM.
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-24-2014, 6:08 AM Reply   
this thread is nearing epic status. Stand by for titanfall in 3...2...1....
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       03-24-2014, 6:36 AM Reply   
If we are not to believe the negative comments from the'' troll' Tige owners then let the happy totally satisfied Tige owners chime in with their positive experiences.
The fact is we all expect and deserve nothing but positive experiences from all the company's we choose to patronize. When that dosnt happen we expect and deserve a satisfactory resolution within a reasonable amount of time. Nobody expects perfection but for 95k it should be pretty darn close. The fact that this has gone on for over a year and 3 attempts have been made all of witch were substandard shows the priority's the company values . It dosnt appear that quality is one of them. Even the Tige fan boys have quietly admitted the short comings of the product. If you expect to get top price for your product you need to make sure you are building a top quality product. Let this be a RED flag to all perspective Tige buyers do your homework and don't just buy a pretty face. The fact that they changed from PCM to Indmar is a deal killer for me.
Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-24-2014, 6:38 AM Reply   
Moderator Please stop me!!
Attached Images

Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-24-2014, 7:23 AM Reply   
Holy moly this is getting
good!!!!
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-24-2014, 7:23 AM Reply   
As fun as it is to derail threads (^^^ even your own threads, apparently), personally, in light of the serious nature of this particular thread, I'd like the OP to keep us in the loop as to where things stand with Tige' and/or give us some more specifics as to the efforts he has made to resolve his problems. At least in the Supra thread we were given more info as to the problems with the boat, the dealers involved, etc. Here, there is a part of me wondering if this is nothing but shenanigans directed at getting all of us stirred up. I hope that is not the case. The fact that Tige's CEO came on here and responded to the OP, as opposed to stating that he did not know anything about the OP's boat or claims, however, lends some credibility to the story.

No offense to the OP, but if he'd conduct himself with a little more class and maturity, he'd probably get further with us and with Tige'.
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-24-2014, 7:40 AM Reply   
I remember reading about this guys problems last year on a forum. I am sad to see that his boat still isn't right. Frankly it scares me a bit as I just bought a 2014 Z3. I have yet to put it in the water, but hoping I do not have any issues. So far I've just had 2. A bad amp, which my dealer drop shipped a new one to me in 3 days. The second being the led rings on my wet sounds speakers aren't working. Dealer is going to fix these as well. I will be taking a closer look at my gel coat though after reading this. I have noticed some blemishes in the paint of the glassed pockets on the inside of the boat, but to me that's not a huge deal.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-24-2014, 7:46 AM Reply   
Couldn't agree more Chatt. If there is any validity in the post then everyone needs to hear the whole story. We are the market for these boats and people need to know who is giving good customer service. I for one would love to see more than 1 picture of some overspray on a trailer. That looks sloppy as pig **** though. If I paid 90k and got that back I would be livid. Can also agree how you present yourself is a direct reflection of how serious everyone else is going to take you. I've had issues with vendors, aired it on here, and gotten things resolved because of it so I feel your pain dude.
Old     (SecretSquirrel)      Join Date: Jan 2014       03-24-2014, 8:36 AM Reply   
Why am I not surprised to see more and more of threads like this popping up. A quick search on here will find a thread from some months ago where I was lambasted for trying to bring Tige's QC issues to light . This is the tip of the iceberg.

OP, I wish you luck. Tige does have a very well regarded Customer Service/Warranty department. That I am sure of. They had better get paid the big bucks with as many issues they are having. This is not isolated and has not improved. Did you look at the GSR's errrr.... ASR's at the shows? The ones they are "going to destroy"? YIKES!
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-24-2014, 8:37 AM Reply   
As a Tige owner who had a very positive experience with my 2013 I would love to see your entire story. I have a 2014 on order(actually sitting in storage at the dealer). Before I make a huge mistake on that boat I would very much like to hear your story. I think others would to.

It seems odd that you came on here strictly to say Tige sucks. But when people ask for the details on why they suck you post little things but not the story on what is going on. I would really like to know. There are also plenty of people who rave about WSS. They are the #1 Tige dealer in the country I belive. Not saying true or false just that it all doesn't seem to pass the smell test. Also you say the break down happened in August or October. Thats was atleast 6 months ago(depends on which month we use) why post this up now all these months later. Did you forget about it till spring came? Again just doesn't seem to add up??

I hear rumors that manufacturers are actually employing people to post threads just like this bashing other brands. After reading threads like this and the recent Supra thread that seems very plausible to me. Brand new account, little to no facts, then the poster disappears after people repeatedly ask for them to back up their accusations. I thought that rumor was crazy when I heard it, but it is looking more and more like it might be true.
Old    rullery            03-24-2014, 8:40 AM Reply   
Not defending Tige, but a CEO is not going to spend his time on internet forums that more resemble a Jerry Springer show than a court room. Plus, from post 1 the OP sounds like a juvenile jackass looking for a mob mentality response, who 2 pages in has yet provide anything close to a fact based coherent case. All I see in here are loose facts, ***** slinging, and bad grammar.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-24-2014, 8:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
I hear rumors that manufacturers are actually employing people to post threads just like this bashing other brands.
Not trying to start anything, but I seriously doubt this. The liability implications (slander/libel/conspiracy) under such a scenario alone would prevent a manufacturer from engaging in such tactics. At most, it's someone who just feels like causing a stir. However, again, the fact that Tige's CEO responded, and did not deny the claims existed, speaks volumes.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-24-2014, 9:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Not defending Tige, but a CEO is not going to spend his time on internet forums that more resemble a Jerry Springer show than a court room.
...............but he did..........and then stopped. If he was smart he probably would have never come in this thread.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-24-2014, 9:27 AM Reply   
I personally would love to see the screw next to the gas tank pic.
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-24-2014, 11:36 AM Reply   
Epic enough to earn a place in the unofficial wake world calendar pic.... kinda pissed 'cause I was getting ready to include those fishing pictures but they got deleted.... had to stick with the duck but even now that's gone, so this one is a stealth "you had to be there at the time" addition - if you missed it you won't get it.
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-24-2014, 5:17 PM Reply   
Wow another quality discussion on wakeworld. There are literally two worthwhile wake-related threads on this site right now- the rebuilds of the old supra direct drive and hydrodine v-drive.

I second the entitlement comment, though shouldn't be surprised after the post all of your equity thread was a such a huge hit.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-24-2014, 5:38 PM Reply   
I don't get the entitlement angle a couple of you are talking about?

If you pay between 60-125k for a wakeboat you deserve to have a boat that is perfect and at the very least a dealer/manufacturer that takes care of things quickly and easily if not perfect.

It isn't like these things are $100 online buys where the seller makes 1% margin.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       03-24-2014, 6:24 PM Reply   
I agree with Brett, ur hard earned money should be backed with a well built reliable boat without crap workmanship and poor attention to detail
Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       03-24-2014, 8:39 PM Reply   
Utilizing these threads as a way of making other boaters/boarders aware is very helpful. When i was cheated by a dealership here in MN I received a great deal of input/feedback on my post which eventually resulted in the dealership stepping up to the plate. They originally told me to take a hike as I had a 10 year old boat and would not be a cash cow client. However, when their cash cow clients mentioned my post things took a drastic change. That said the amount of brand bashing probably just comes with the territory.

PS
I will still never give another dollar to that dealership who claims to be number two in that nation selling one of the big three. (Yes i am still bitter).
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-25-2014, 3:12 AM Reply   
Let me guess? Did you buy a Mastercraft?
Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       03-25-2014, 3:33 AM Reply   
The dealership that I was referring to is not a MC dealership. I would highly recommend the MC dealership here in the cities. Midwest MC service manager and sales guys do not judge you on the value of your boat and go out of their way to answer all my never ending questions!
Old     (SecretSquirrel)      Join Date: Jan 2014       03-25-2014, 5:33 AM Reply   
I'm sure I'm not the only one who's noticed that a large percentage of those crying foul against the OP are Tige owners, and the loudest of the group frequent the Tige Owners board. OP, thank you for the information you have given prospective boat buyers. It's difficult to find anything worth value on the internet when shopping for a boat. This type of thing helps level the playing field against all the ball washing you typically find for any brand.
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-25-2014, 5:59 AM Reply   
I am not siding with anyone, but if it were my boat there would be a few pages of pictures of said issues.
Two extremely close up pics of a boat trailer with what could even be dust doesn't say much.
Old     (TundraA22)      Join Date: Jan 2014       03-25-2014, 8:05 AM Reply   
I am not taking sides with anyone and I really hope that his boat is made right IF it was messed up from the factory. I just purchased an Axis from a dealer in Michigan and I live in PA. You can bet that I will give the boat an extreme inspection! And I WILL NOT take delivery if it does not meet my expectations based on what I was told by the dealer.

So my question to the OP (again not siding or busting balls) Why did you take delivery? It seems that most of your issues could be seen easily. I would have left it set and demanded it be repaired. If you took it home, how does anyone know that it wasn't you that caused damage?

Last edited by wakeworld; 03-25-2014 at 10:13 AM.
Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-25-2014, 12:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TundraA22 View Post
I am not taking sides with anyone and I really hope that his boat is made right IF it was messed up from the factory. I just purchased an Axis from a dealer in Michigan and I live in PA. You can bet that I will give the boat an extreme inspection! And I WILL NOT take delivery if it does not meet my expectations based on what I was told by the dealer.

So my question to the OP (again not siding or busting balls) Why did you take delivery? It seems that most of your issues could be seen easily. I would have left it set and demanded it be repaired. If you took it home, how does anyone know that it wasn't you that caused damage?
All I can say is do not write the check until you're happy with repairs. In many ways, it is partly my fault for trusting too much. I am old school - I trust people with their word and a handshake. I am truly disappointed that so many promises were broken by what is supposed to be an extremely reputable company.
Old     (jtech)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-25-2014, 2:46 PM Reply   
Read both pages of this thread, here are my thoughts.

1: OP's first contribution to WW is a bitch fest about a boat he bought new from a dealer.
2: Third post in the thread is from the VP of the manufacture asking the OP to call him.
3: OP acts surprised that he would do so and so quickly after his post.
4: OP continues his rant and practically goes off the rails asking the "mods" (BTW there are none) to close the thread.

Rick did the right thing by getting out in front of the problem, if there is one, by asking you to call him. That should have been your first and only indication to retain an attorney and have him call Rick. Trust me, his attorney is waiting for yours to call. The fact that you continue to air your dirty laundry here is only bad for you and not for him. Blasting him and his company on a forum with a wide spectrum of opinions will get you no where. I know you want to do things old school

I recall a poster here a year or two ago that posted his saga about a newer Toyota truck that was taken to the dealer for repairs and the dealer killed the engine by installing a wrong bolt. It took us, and him several pages to convince him that getting legal council was his best option. Not saying that Tige will try to, or is trying to screw you. But if they are, you need to make sure you don't get stuck with a 90k+ floating lemon.
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       03-25-2014, 2:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
SHHHHhhhhhhhh.......

the OP needs to rest
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       03-25-2014, 8:47 PM Reply   
It's not bad for him to post here. U r full of it. He's warning other prospective buyers to beware before ordering a tige. I watched a good buddy get jerked around by tige and the way they did him took them out of consideration when I was boat shopping. And Rick didn't do jack but put up a public phone number to try to save face. Why didn't he private message him a personal number if it was so important for him to get to the bottom of it. Seems he should've been involved a long time ago if he wanted to show good customer service. No wait if it's anything like Tom got who is a close personal friend of mine that I saw emails to and from tige and heard conversations then he will just get passed around and get poor customer service. Op and others like u please continue to share your stories and hold manufacturers accountable to a quality product and quality service.
Old     (jtech)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-25-2014, 10:25 PM Reply   
Like I said, airing it out here will do little if nothing to help him out. Most people that own 90k wake boats don't even know that sites like this exist. He may save a few from dealing with Tige in the future, but the masses will keep buying their product. I am sure that Tige is as fault for something but IMO the OP needs to put the screws to them in a different way. One of my best friends was jacked around by GMC for months with a new duramax he bought last year that was a Lemon. After he threatened the local dealer and GMC with legal action and a news story they made it right. Until then, all he got was the run-a-round which appears to be what the OP is getting currently.
Old     (bwake)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-26-2014, 2:28 AM Reply   
Unfortunately people have a lot of differences in how they act when it comes to something like this. Some get angry (like me) and dont rest until things are fixed, others get lawyers involved, some just put up with it, and others i guess behave a bit unusually like this guy......

Its good to get feedback from WW as its a good place to learn about good products. I brought my boat based on recommendations here, as i did the stereo etc.

Sounds like Tige has dropped the ball now, and no doubt will probably lose a bunch of sales as a result. Good work. It is really the customer service that sets a company about. For example, im in New Zealand and had an issue with an exile tower clamp Brian sent a clamp all the way to NZ despite the shipping being probably 6 times what the things worth. Loyal customer for life.

Perhaps Tige should pay more attention.

Good work OP for posting up, you have probably saved a few guys a lot of the same hassle.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-26-2014, 5:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtech View Post
Like I said, airing it out here will do little if nothing to help him out. Most people that own 90k wake boats don't even know that sites like this exist. He may save a few from dealing with Tige in the future, but the masses will keep buying their product. I am sure that Tige is as fault for something but IMO the OP needs to put the screws to them in a different way. One of my best friends was jacked around by GMC for months with a new duramax he bought last year that was a Lemon. After he threatened the local dealer and GMC with legal action and a news story they made it right. Until then, all he got was the run-a-round which appears to be what the OP is getting currently.
I'm confused...... Are you saying that, in your opinion, it is ok to tell the press and have a news story written/broadcasted, but not ok to post on a public forum?? I am failing to see the difference.
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       03-26-2014, 6:45 AM Reply   
First this is not his dirty laundry he is airing its Tige's. This has been on going for over a year with many attempts made to repair the problems. Looks like they only put a Ban-Aid on to cover the problems. I don't believe any one at the factory took the issues with this boat seriously . It dosnt takes months to do gel repairs . To add to the fire they still were not done correctly even after waiting. I have no experience with Tige, until recently there were no dealers anywhere near me. I always thought they were a nice boat .At this point if I were looking at new boats I would be very cautious about Tige . If this is an isolated case then why hasn't it been corrected ? If this is their normal way of handling major defects then I think the world should know. I don't think the OP posted to help his situation more like a warning to others before they end up like him.
Old     (JayManAR)      Join Date: Dec 2012       03-26-2014, 7:34 AM Reply   
When you purchase a product from a company that claims their foundation is built on quality service to the customer, and that company builds/delivers a flawed product, the buyer has every right to get upset. It's actually expected. This can either be a good opportunity for that company to make it right, save face, and prove to everyone else they stand by their product and core values... Or, ignore the situation, continue to "resolve" the issues incorrectly, and sit back and watch their reputation get tarnished. Providing great customer service is easy in my opinion. You should expect customers to get upset when they get jacked around. The price of the product shouldn't even matter. When I was in college working frontline retail, people griped and yelled at me on a daily basis over apparel items that cost no more than $30. I still provided quality service to my customers.