Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-17-2012, 12:12 PM Reply   
Wake looks awful compared to almost any pro size wake I've seen.. Washed out on the opposite side, not even CLOSE to G23 size.. I'm not a Natique lover or MC hater..

LMAO.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-17-2012, 12:15 PM Reply   
That wake doesn't look awful, most wakes wash opposite side when you have good line tension coming into the wake
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-17-2012, 12:15 PM Reply   
I agree. it looks washed, but then again the driver could be dumping the wake to give the rider some slack in the line on every hit.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-17-2012, 12:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjh1669 View Post
That wake doesn't look awful, most wakes wash opposite side when you have good line tension coming into the wake
Doesn't look big enough or clean enough to be the flagship wakeboard wake of arguably the most visible, well known wakeboard boat company..

You can spend about 40% as much and get a bigger, cleaner wake from an Axis and the factory will do the ballast for you.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-17-2012, 12:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
I agree. it looks washed, but then again the driver could be dumping the wake to give the rider some slack in the line on every hit.
Which would be fine in a non-promotional video for a boat that fans/buyers have been waiting a few years to see, not long after the G23 wake/vid was released.

I'm seeing NOTHING in that video that is impressive - aside from the awesome bailout on the Dub.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-17-2012, 12:23 PM Reply   
I've ridden plenty of axis wakes and they wash opposite side just the same. In fact I've yet to be on a boat that didn't wash opposite side on me. There is pone shot of the wake in that video where he comes in and cuts back our where that wake looks huge and meaty. That's a big wake, it does have a little more wash than I'd like in some of the shots, but it may be due to how they have the people in the boat. Doesn't exactly look like a small group
Old     (ktrent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-17-2012, 12:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
I'm seeing NOTHING in that video that is impressive - aside from the awesome bailout on the Dub.
agree 100%
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            05-17-2012, 12:25 PM Reply   
There are a few more videos over on harleys website from this past week of riding behind it.

www.harleyplace.com
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-17-2012, 12:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjh1669 View Post
I've ridden plenty of axis wakes and they wash opposite side just the same. In fact I've yet to be on a boat that didn't wash opposite side on me. There is pone shot of the wake in that video where he comes in and cuts back our where that wake looks huge and meaty. That's a big wake, it does have a little more wash than I'd like in some of the shots, but it may be due to how they have the people in the boat. Doesn't exactly look like a small group
Agree 100% to all.

If this wasn't a promotional video for a $125k+ boat that we have all been waiting to see the wake on.

Boats wash out (most). Boats dont always have giant wakes (this should). The slash cut looks like a meaty wake (but no comparison to the G23).

This vid just doesn't do the boat any favors.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-17-2012, 12:27 PM Reply   
Good god that DU that Rusty hit was Nasty!!! BOOM
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-17-2012, 12:28 PM Reply   
YEah Don't know why you'd do a promo video wiht a ton of people in the boat. I wouldn't say that showed the wake in it's best light. From what i've seen I like the G23 better, don't like either boats price tag.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-17-2012, 12:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by downfortheride View Post
Good god that DU that Rusty hit was Nasty!!! BOOM
absolutely bananas
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-17-2012, 12:34 PM Reply   
Looked pretty washy during the couple hits Harley took in a row. 0:38-0:45
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-17-2012, 12:45 PM Reply   
Didn't look 100% clean but it is big and meaty. I bet it is a complete mess below 24mph.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-17-2012, 12:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Didn't look 100% clean but it is big and meaty. I bet it is a complete mess below 24mph.
Which will really hurt it compared to the G23, since it supposedly has a clean wake at all wake speeds.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            05-17-2012, 12:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
There are a few more videos over on harleys website from this past week of riding behind it.

www.harleyplace.com
http://harleysplace.com/?p=166

This may be the wakesurf wake as well.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-17-2012, 12:56 PM Reply   
yea that dub that rusty hit sent him flying but did you actually see the dub?? it looked like a huge mess!
Old     (mallenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-17-2012, 1:08 PM Reply   

Never shows the boat, but the wake looks good to me here.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-17-2012, 1:14 PM Reply   
I posted this over in the other thread too, but is it me or does the cockpit area, mainseating area look small for this size boat? the bow looks ginormous, but that area looks small to me.
Attached Images

Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-17-2012, 2:44 PM Reply   
Forget what the opposite side wake looks like. Look at the lip of the wake when the rider hits it - 90% of the time its white wash. Thats NO GOOD!
The DU - are you kidding me? the entire thing was white wash!
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            05-17-2012, 2:49 PM Reply   
Im starting to think that MC rushed this xstar to be ready for the tour stop after seeing the G23 unveiling & how it pulled the Wake games and it was the buzz.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-17-2012, 5:32 PM Reply   
I agree with miguel, I am not worried about the opposite wake washing especially when pros are riding, they pull sooo hard they will probably wash everyone of our wakes out. But what bothers me is the wash at the lip of the wake they are hitting. When harley (i think it is harley) does his back to back to back 9's, it was crazy wash every time. Not to move the bashing off the xstar and on to nautique, but thats my problem with the 230 as well. Everytime I watch a video of pros riding the 230 (heavily weighted, no doubt), there is a lip of wash on the wake they are hitting... it may not actually affect their jumping, but i know that it would affect me mentally really bad.

okay, back to the xstar... that dub sucked
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-17-2012, 6:17 PM Reply   
Didn't look "small" to me, but definitley more wash then the G23.
Attached Images

Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-17-2012, 6:19 PM Reply   
Looks meaty here.
Attached Images

Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       05-17-2012, 7:54 PM Reply   
A few weeks ago when I rode behind the new X-Star, the wake was absolutely huge, but extremely washy and very inconsistent. You never knew how it was going to throw you. It was huge and fun, but everyone punched through a few times and took some pretty awesome falls, including myself. There were about 7 people in the boat, and ALOT of ballast, and the boat felt extremely crowded for a 24 footer. Granted we did have people and sacks everywhere, but it still felt like an old 210 on the inside. Overall I thought there was a lot of work yet to be done, so we will see how it does this weekend. Hopefully they bring a few up there incase a transmission blows ; )
Old     (MrPeepers)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-18-2012, 12:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotwake133 View Post
A few weeks ago when I rode behind the new X-Star, the wake was absolutely huge, but extremely washy and very inconsistent. You never knew how it was going to throw you. It was huge and fun, but everyone punched through a few times and took some pretty awesome falls, including myself. There were about 7 people in the boat, and ALOT of ballast, and the boat felt extremely crowded for a 24 footer. Granted we did have people and sacks everywhere, but it still felt like an old 210 on the inside. Overall I thought there was a lot of work yet to be done, so we will see how it does this weekend. Hopefully they bring a few up there incase a transmission blows ; )
Well, there it is.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-18-2012, 12:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
Looks meaty here.
yea it looks meaty...and decently clean...and i could be wrong here... but isn't the boat kind of in a gradual turn here? that would definitley cause it to be more clean forf sure, but the wake behind him makes me think that.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       05-18-2012, 12:58 PM Reply   
http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/201...ation-trailer/

Found this on Alliance....
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-18-2012, 1:02 PM Reply   
Someone posted that one in the other thread. They don't show a single shot of the wake that they are hitting. So other then it looking like they are gettin booted really good it doesn't show much of anything about the wake.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       05-18-2012, 1:03 PM Reply   
Still not too many good shots from the side of the wake. As far as the double tantrum from harley....... its harley clifford..... he could prob do it behind a sacked out direct drive just sayin..
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       05-18-2012, 1:13 PM Reply   
Agreed Brett, didn't know it was posted in the other thread, looked at the date on Alliance and I thought it was from today.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-18-2012, 2:12 PM Reply   
Just from what Ive seen so far from online pics:

New Star & G23 :
Attached Images

Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-18-2012, 2:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sippi View Post
yea it looks meaty...and decently clean...and i could be wrong here... but isn't the boat kind of in a gradual turn here? that would definitley cause it to be more clean forf sure, but the wake behind him makes me think that.
yep, I saw that as well.

@miguel: from the videos so far and those 2 pictures, the G23 wake wins for sure, so far. I spoke with someone who has ridden the G23 wake and was pleasantly surprised to hear them say the wake was malibu like, as far as it being more rampy and less nautique steep. Not that it matters because I highly doubt I will ever get to take a set behind either of these boats.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            05-18-2012, 3:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_defacto View Post
yep, I saw that as well.

@miguel: from the videos so far and those 2 pictures, the G23 wake wins for sure, so far. I spoke with someone who has ridden the G23 wake and was pleasantly surprised to hear them say the wake was malibu like, as far as it being more rampy and less nautique steep. Not that it matters because I highly doubt I will ever get to take a set behind either of these boats.
If you take a trip down to The Boarding School in the future theyll have both the new Xstar and G23 I was told to ride behind.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-18-2012, 7:30 PM Reply   
I could be completely wrong here but wouldn't a wake only get so big before it starts to curl over and wash out at the lip?? Thats my logic.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-20-2012, 8:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_rider View Post
I could be completely wrong here but wouldn't a wake only get so big before it starts to curl over and wash out at the lip?? Thats my logic.
Wrong.

LOL @ Pro riders having to ride at 75ft and speed up for K.O.W. tournament this weekend cause the wake was washed and the boat was porpoising.. Glorious.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-20-2012, 8:58 AM Reply   
YUP! That wake in the video is not impressive. If I was in charge at MC, I would not let that video see public eye as one of the first videos of a LATE boat.

BTW, that last "meaty" wake shot is because its on the inside of a turn. Not a good choice.
Old     (fizzz)      Join Date: Nov 2010       05-20-2012, 10:50 AM Reply   
Watched the boat pull the tour stop all day yesterday and the wake looks huge, it also looks like crap. Washed on the landing side is normal every boat I've seen does, that washy lip was ugly, seriously looks like a hull design issue. That being said the boat itself looks ugly, the graphics look like someone made them at home and the boat is just ugly to me. A couple of my friends liked it but not me. Normally the x stars have awesome graphics but this one looks cheap. The previous star looks much better. However the g23 that was driving around looked like a boat worthy of the price tag.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-21-2012, 5:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzz View Post
Watched the boat pull the tour stop all day yesterday and the wake looks huge, it also looks like crap. Washed on the landing side is normal every boat I've seen does, that washy lip was ugly, seriously looks like a hull design issue. That being said the boat itself looks ugly, the graphics look like someone made them at home and the boat is just ugly to me. A couple of my friends liked it but not me. Normally the x stars have awesome graphics but this one looks cheap. The previous star looks much better. However the g23 that was driving around looked like a boat worthy of the price tag.
+1
I was disappointed they didn't have a new star on display or anywhere near the shore. I spent about 20 Min's in the G23 talking to the design engineer . It would have been nice to be able to compare them side by side. I talked to the man in charge of the Jr riders from friday
He said the Jr riders were also commenting about a washed out wake . It seemed the boat was rushed out to make this event and still has some quirks to iron out. As for the graphics I would have expected more from the flagship boats first showing.
Not a lot to be proud of Generic graphics ,Generic wake Generic boat.

Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-21-2012, 10:16 AM Reply   
new Monday vid on alliance with Jimmy Lariche & the G23. Wake looks glorious
Old     (chexi)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-21-2012, 10:54 AM Reply   
A supermodel can make a ripped up trashbag look realy attractive, but put it on the average person and... well you get the point. It is very interesting that the promo vid on alliancewake showed the approach view of the take-off wake exactly zero times.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-21-2012, 11:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by migs View Post
new Monday vid on alliance with Jimmy Lariche & the G23. Wake looks glorious
yes it does...clean and biiiig
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-21-2012, 11:55 AM Reply   
Oh and i just saw on fb that JD Webb just landed his first w2w 10 behind a g23....mastercraft better hurry up and get on the ball....or just stop all together and fix this thing before they make a fool of themselves. they in 2nd on this one...by a long shot. well maybe 3rd because i've heard good things about the big arss mb too
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-21-2012, 12:06 PM Reply   
on the Lariche vid = ZERO wake wash, ZERO and massive.

i just dont see anything touching the G23. kudos to CC

Last edited by migs; 05-21-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old     (buzzardmountainz)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-21-2012, 12:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
Wake looks awful compared to almost any pro size wake I've seen.. Washed out on the opposite side, not even CLOSE to G23 size.. I'm not a Natique lover or MC hater..

LMAO.
Offtopic...but what's the song playing???
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-21-2012, 1:42 PM Reply   
not looking good:
if you actually look at the water - the water seemed relatively flat. but boat was indeed bouncing.

http://wakeboardingmag.com/videos/20...-run-at-pwt-1/
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-21-2012, 1:51 PM Reply   
Wow...Harley is pretty good.
Old     (kmayotte)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-21-2012, 1:55 PM Reply   
Definitely washy, especially on Harleys heelside jump (left wake) in the PWT run. That would royally piss me off if I spent all the $$ and the wake was washy and inconsistent.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-21-2012, 4:56 PM Reply   
JD Webb behind a washed G23 Bwuahahahaaha
Some of you need to finish school and not become an uneducated Dropout
Attached Images

Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-21-2012, 5:49 PM Reply   
That's the opposite side genius. Duh

Last edited by migs; 05-21-2012 at 5:58 PM.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-21-2012, 6:25 PM Reply   
^^^^ and thats everyone beef isn't it
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-21-2012, 6:45 PM Reply   
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^nooooooooooooooooo its the nasty wash and lip on the approach side.

HArley and all the other top rider could bomb of a ski nautique 196. Its their riding that makes them launch and throw down. The wake is the added bonus. All this talk about massive tricks being booted off an Xstar wake has nothing to do with the XSTAR wake........It could have been done behind any boat MFG by these riders. ITs the natural progression ............

Last edited by xstarrider; 05-21-2012 at 6:48 PM.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-21-2012, 7:27 PM Reply   
Oh so it's washy on the lip? Isn't the 230 that you nautique fan boys drooled over for years crumbly and washy on top too? Now a touch of wash ahead of and behind harley and shota is an issue? Or am I missing something?
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-21-2012, 8:14 PM Reply   
I thought we were comparing the top models of both builders? For what its worth the 230 wake has been discussed here and though its sensitive once dialed in it has a great wake. I cant say from personal experience I dont own one.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-21-2012, 9:00 PM Reply   
G23 & New star wake were discussing here. Keep up
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-21-2012, 9:03 PM Reply   
So the 230 wasnt a top model boat aimed at the current 2012 x star? Before the g23 would you have told me the 230 has the best, biggest, meanest wake in the game? It's a sensitive boat you said it yourself, maybe the new star is a sensitive boat? Maybe you should wait before you all crucify the x star until we actually see something more concrete from the boat, because the pics and vids look no different than a slammed out 230 with that stupid set of white wash in the first 1/2 wake before you get to a clean lip and back to wash.

And if nothing else at least this boat doesn't look like a pregnant Moomba...
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-21-2012, 9:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by migs View Post
G23 & New star wake were discussing here. Keep up
Oh I'm sorry did me pointing some the hypocrisy on this board hit a nerve? Did your previous flag ship have a washy, finnicky wake but the x-star can't?

Oh well, I guess I'm the only one seeing the flawed logic thats going around, we've already established the g23 wake is big and clean, but I'll wait to pass judgement on the new star
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-21-2012, 9:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
So the 230 wasnt a top model boat aimed at the current 2012 x star? Before the g23 would you have told me the 230 has the best, biggest, meanest wake in the game? It's a sensitive boat you said it yourself, maybe the new star is a sensitive boat? Maybe you should wait before you all crucify the x star until we actually see something more concrete from the boat, because the pics and vids look no different than a slammed out 230 with that stupid set of white wash in the first 1/2 wake before you get to a clean lip and back to wash.

And if nothing else at least this boat doesn't look like a pregnant Moomba...
You are right the 230 is no G23 .
Two back to back 1080s were landed for the first time ever in competition being pulled by the pregnant Moomba. What records were broke by the new star?
Old     (superfluous)      Join Date: May 2012       05-21-2012, 10:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
Two back to back 1080s were landed for the first time ever in competition being pulled by the pregnant Moomba. What records were broke by the new star?
Do you have any idea about how many folks are reading your inane fanboy posts and laughing at you over, and over, and over again?

It's actually quite sad that you have so much of your self-worth tied up in the brand of boat that you try to putter around in. Extra bonus dweeb points for that hilarious tow vehicle.

By all means please continue though.

You've provided some much needed comic relief. Even if it is as your expense.

Signed,

Not a MC or Nautique owner but someone who thinks the G23 is pretty amazing

Last edited by superfluous; 05-21-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-21-2012, 10:42 PM Reply   
Like I said, for all the crap he talks about his boat and the other brands, we should see some of his riding. Just so we know he actually wakeboards. But in a previous post he clearly said that this wasn't going to happen. Perhaps he kneeboards? I'm sure the G23 is the best knee board boat out there too.

I too like the G23. But the tactics, not so much.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-22-2012, 3:53 AM Reply   
Even though you cant help throwing personal attacks Im glad we found a common ground with you opinions of the G and the Star . What differance does it make how well I ride ? Or even if I ride for that matter? The last time I checked this forum catagory is BOATS & TOW VEHICLES. The next time I post in the Wakeboarding forum we can discuss my riding skills.
Im sorry you dont like my rig
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-22-2012, 4:12 AM Reply   
Sorry I timed out on my previous post before I could finish the edit it should read.

Even though you cant help throwing personal attacks I'm glad we found a common ground with your opinions of the G and the Star . What difference does it make how well I ride ? Or even if I ride for that matter? The last time I checked this forum category is BOATS & TOW VEHICLES. The next time I post in the Wakeboarding category we can discuss my riding skills.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-22-2012, 5:55 AM Reply   
MH you have Zero credibility
Like many on WW I feel your post are not worthy of reading but only if I need a good laugh
Old     (shredthagnar)      Join Date: Oct 2011       05-22-2012, 6:30 AM Reply   
Out of all the vids of the new star only one clip had a washy wake. After seeing all the posts I feel like I've been whatching a whole different video haha. I did get to see the G23 at wakegames and the wake was noticeably larger than any wake I've seen and they were getting huge air off it. I'm excited for that new star to make it's way to Orlando. If there's not a few already here haha
Old     (MrPeepers)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-22-2012, 6:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Oh so it's washy on the lip? Isn't the 230 that you nautique fan boys drooled over for years crumbly and washy on top too? Now a touch of wash ahead of and behind harley and shota is an issue? Or am I missing something?
I'm not sure a "touch of wash" is the proper description for the Xstar wake. I have yet to see a video with a clean wake. I can't imagine that MC won't fix the problem, though.

Not that any of this matters to me. I might as well be comparing videos of Ferrari vs Lambo.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-22-2012, 6:40 AM Reply   
I've worked for a MC dealer, I've always owned a Correct Craft (until a few months ago - my 210 sold).... Here is how I break down this SAN vs. XStar battle

Frist Gen - SAN > Xstar - because it took less weight to make the SAN amazing.... then in 04' X-star went pickle fork bow... that X-star was the best boat on the market until the G23, from what I have seen (not been behind yet so take this all with a grain of salt) the new X-star isn't perfect yet. More R&D on the hull is probably needed - and I think they're close, and when they finally figure it out, I'm sure it will be awesome.

... again, only from what I have seen (not experienced), I think the G23 looks like a better boat.

Lets say you win a contest and the prize is a G23 or X-star..... based only off of photos/vids/reviews (not test drives allowed) which boat would people pick today between these two - G23 or newest X-star?
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-22-2012, 6:50 AM Reply   
G23 for me please. I just think that wake looks money and i really like the looks of it. it took some getting used to because it was different, kind of like the 04 xstar if i remember correctly....but the g23 looks like a tank come through the water, with a lot of freeboard. the inside looks cool and even though its shorter than the new star, it seems to have more room in the inside. so give me one please haha
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-22-2012, 6:56 AM Reply   
Well let's see, let's weigh the pros and cons

Looks go to the star
Finction again to the star aside from the horrific pop up dash
Engine choice goes to the star again catalyzed over 500hp? Yes please
Comfort, it looks like it goes to the star , I can only imagine how much it must suck to sit in front of that. G 23 walk thru, it would hit so low on your back...
Wake, so far it goes to the g23
So there the first 2 are opinion but the last ones hit the nail on the head IMO. Feel free to blast me I think it's hilarious watching these knob gobbling nautique fan boys trip over themselves And run around any post that points out their hypocrisy/lunacy about the g23...
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-22-2012, 7:16 AM Reply   
The difference whether you actually ride or not has a fair amount of clout to a bunch of internet nerds who are obsessed with wakeboarding, doesn't it? This is Wakeworld. I mean if you are here 50 times a day bragging about how amazing the Nauti's are and how amazing their wakes are, one would also assume you are a decent boarder since you talk about the wakes so much and think that you are so knowledgeable. But if don't even have the skills to do W2W jumps its hard to take your opinion too seriously.

Kinda like a coach who has never played he game he is coaching. But please continue to provide the entertainment on here for others.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-22-2012, 7:55 AM Reply   
Slow day at work so here are screen grabs of the wake on the "washed out" side as he approaches - anyone know how fast Harley rides at?... I could swear some of his old Norbi vids on the previous style X-star had him ridding and the wake was washing out... maybe just his speed + that much weight is tough to keep it clean.

again my view is the boat isn't perfect yet.... usually first year of any new generation/redesign isn't perfect. I think within a year or two this boat will be something else.
Attached Images

Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-22-2012, 8:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Well let's see, let's weigh the pros and cons

Looks go to the star
Finction again to the star aside from the horrific pop up dash
Engine choice goes to the star again catalyzed over 500hp? Yes please
Comfort, it looks like it goes to the star , I can only imagine how much it must suck to sit in front of that. G 23 walk thru, it would hit so low on your back...
Wake, so far it goes to the g23
So there the first 2 are opinion but the last ones hit the nail on the head IMO. Feel free to blast me I think it's hilarious watching these knob gobbling nautique fan boys trip over themselves And run around any post that points out their hypocrisy/lunacy about the g23...
I'm the exact opposite, I think the G23 looks better, it's bucking the trend of the current pickle fork and is unique. Damn thing looks like a tank.
It looks roomier, and it's a foot shorter.
The freeboard looks deeper, whihc I think would cause the walk through not to be an issue comfort wise. Plus I beleive they have a filler cushion for the walk through.
The wake looks muhc much better.

That all being said wiht the potential for another down turn in the econmy and ome of the credit issues that are hurting it I think both comanies miscalculated putting out absurdly over priced boats.
Old    mojo            05-22-2012, 8:17 AM Reply   
If you can really afford, not just get approved for, one of these boats more often than not the economy is not going to stop you. I do realize that even mega millionaires lose their money too, but the traders and high level folks will still be placing orders for prestige, to satisfy their want, and hopefully to help their kids progress(if they want to do so/not bc they are being forced to do so) are still gonna be there.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-22-2012, 8:28 AM Reply   
Honestly I think boat prices are as high as they due to the ability to get 15 year loans on them. It makes these huge price tags more attainable for more people. The problem is that if the economy drops out so will the boat prices. Look at what happened to the industry just a few years ago. How many layoffs did these companies have, how many factories shut down? Millionaires lose money too when things bottom out. A Friend of my family lost 40 million last time. He still has plenty of money, but it changed how he spent it going forward. Can you imagine losing 40 million?
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-22-2012, 9:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
So your saying the two 1080's landed in acworth last weekend are a hoax??? Granted they weren't W2W but a 1080 is a 1080.
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-22-2012, 9:22 AM Reply   
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop...Iow3fxdE&gl=US
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            05-22-2012, 9:23 AM Reply   
Honestly...are any of yall who are debating between these two actually going to ever get to ride behind these two?? You cant beat up a Ferrari vs R8 vs Bugatti (just throwing out an example) if you'll never get to test drive them.

I just follow this thread bc it makes me laugh at work but also know that ive been in the G23 and spent alot of time around one so can relate to some of the comments. Im not a diehard CC fanboy and actually have more exp with another brand.

Good to see though that a few people around these forums have actually placed orders for their G23s so Im sure many more videos & pics will come.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-22-2012, 9:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_rider View Post
So your saying the two 1080's landed in acworth last weekend are a hoax??? Granted they weren't W2W but a 1080 is a 1080.
If you say so?
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       05-22-2012, 10:40 AM Reply   
I think the "Bwuahahahaaha" crap is misguided. Not sure what everyone is looking at, but I think the wash thing is a matter of camera perspective and, really, some cattyness among us. MasterCraft makes a hell of a boat. Marketing-wise, I think they need a miracle but I'll get to that in a second. Boat wise... they make one of the best boats money can buy. I am sure that thing is killer. But they need Zane on this pronto. He's the best rider/spokesperson in the history of the sport and this thing needs him. Not Harley, not anyone else in my opinion. They need Zane to talk through this stuff because the "word on the street" isn't great for some reason. They need to fix that more than address the wash with a change to the hull or something like a few of you guys are saying.

Harley's riding in that Alliance clip is unreal. I am good at calling tricks and some of that stuff I have never even seen before. He is a locomotive.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-22-2012, 10:49 AM Reply   
^^^^agreed Zane is the best spokesperson/salesman in the game I'd like to hear an interview from him regarding the wake and the boat.
Old     (kmayotte)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-22-2012, 10:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by driving View Post
Travis has one of the only opinion that really matters. I'd love to hear what he has to say about the subject.

Last edited by kmayotte; 05-22-2012 at 11:00 AM. Reason: info