Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-21-2014, 6:21 AM Reply   
If you are thinking about a new Tige make sure you read fine print on the warranty first before you buy. It is not a real warranty. Tige has the option to do what ever they want. Tige President Rick Correl will make promises but will not follow thru. Buyer Beware
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       03-21-2014, 6:28 AM Reply   
Oh man I have a feeling this will be a good thread (at least i hope)... Can you clarify more on what happened in your case? Details??
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-21-2014, 7:04 AM Reply   

Also, I think this thread would be better served over on the Boat Forum

Last edited by Rusty; 03-21-2014 at 7:07 AM.
Old     (rcorrell)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-21-2014, 7:26 AM Reply   
h2o2day,
This is Rick Correll and I am not aware of any issues with any customer that have not been addressed.
Please give me a call at 325-676-7777

Thank you,
Rick
Old     (fizzz)      Join Date: Nov 2010       03-21-2014, 7:30 AM Reply   
Haha how's that for customer service!
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       03-21-2014, 7:38 AM Reply   
The end….
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       03-21-2014, 7:48 AM Reply   
Prob another case of a customer being mistreated by a crap dealer, kinda like a supra forum I remember! Pretty cool to see another CEO get right on here to get to the bottom of the issue. Good luck.
Old     (BlitzedVLX)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-21-2014, 7:49 AM Reply   
Seems like some warranty work has been denied. Most likely a dealer disagreement rather than with the company in general. Props to Tige for a quick response! OP next time post a description of your problem before bashing.
Old     (nautibouys)      Join Date: Aug 2010       03-21-2014, 8:24 AM Reply   
Does the boat have dipping board racks? If so take a video.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-21-2014, 8:29 AM Reply   
See? Its a good idea to Google your name. Helps to nip things early.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-21-2014, 8:58 AM Reply   
lol.awesome!
Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-21-2014, 9:50 AM Reply   
Really, Rick? After months and months of trying to reach you, now you'd take my call? Sounds like effortless customer service.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-21-2014, 10:04 AM Reply   
Sounds like you would rather throw tige under the bus rather than find a solution. How did Rick break his word if you haven't got a hold of him yet?
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       03-21-2014, 11:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2o2day View Post
Really, Rick? After months and months of trying to reach you, now you'd take my call? Sounds like effortless customer service.
It sounds like 'yes, he is'.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-23-2014, 7:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
There has not been one shred of real evidence, other than words typed on a page. The OP even stated Rick hasn't called him. So everyone is hanging Rick with no "REAL EVIDENCE" from the OP.
Quote:
Right you are, Robert... technically Rick has not talked to the OP, as stated above.

Last edited by ixfe; 03-23-2014 at 7:10 PM.
Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-23-2014, 7:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
Right you are, Robert... technically Rick has not talked to the OP, as stated above.
I stopped leaving messages with rick the end of august would not return my calls. Started dealing with local dealer.
Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-23-2014, 7:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
I stopped leaving messages with rick the end of august would not return my calls. Started dealing with local dealer.
Sorry this is not a true fact it was October.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-23-2014, 7:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
So you didn't go to the dealer first?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-23-2014, 7:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
It's funny how you believe this OP,but not the OP in the Supra thread.Owners Goggles?
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-23-2014, 7:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
It's funny how you believe this OP,but not the OP in the Supra thread.Owners Goggles?
Pot meet kettle?

DBC rolls a bu anywho...
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-23-2014, 7:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Surely you have me confused with somebody else. I don't own a Tige or a Supra. Never have. And I don't recall posting anything in the Supra thread.

The only one wearing goggles is you, sir.
Old     (ToddWake)      Join Date: Feb 2014       03-21-2014, 1:09 PM Reply   
Ok, let's hear the Op's side of the story first...

Occam's Razor: the simplest explanation is most likely the correct one. The Op likely has a real issue and the dealer may be soaking him. Let Wakeworld mediate this in the court of opinion.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-21-2014, 2:37 PM Reply   
Court is now in session. We would like to call the plaintiff. A mister h2o2day to the stand for questioning.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-21-2014, 3:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
If you are thinking about a new Tige make sure you read fine print on the warranty first before you buy. It is not a real warranty. Tige has the option to do what ever they want. Tige President Rick Correl will make promises but will not follow thru. Buyer Beware
So you signed up on WW today, just to bash Tige? Interesting.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-21-2014, 3:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
So you signed up on WW today, just to bash Tige? Interesting.
LMAO I know right
Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-21-2014, 4:23 PM Reply   
Before I forward the novel about all the issues I had with the new boat, it's very simple I just want my boat fixed correctly and professionally as promised by President Rick. Reply to Darren Yearsley, Rick will not return my telephone calls. All I want is a solution. How do you get a solution when Rick will not return your call's? I do not want to throw anyone under the bus I just want my boat fixed !!
Old     (chillaxin)      Join Date: Jun 2012       03-21-2014, 4:32 PM Reply   
You don't want to throw anyone under the bus??? Your very first post on this forum did just that! Is it a dealer issue or a brand issue? How did you end up all the way to the owner? If your going call a company out, back it up. This is just like the supra bs. A whole lot of talk with nothing to back it up!
Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-21-2014, 5:58 PM Reply   
Wow!! Do all you posters work for Rick or Charlie? Unbelievable!! Eric, Charlie is the actual owner of Tige, he does not return phone calls Either
Old     (chillaxin)      Join Date: Jun 2012       03-21-2014, 6:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Wow!! Do all you posters work for Rick or Charlie? Unbelievable!! Eric, Charlie is the actual owner of Tige, he does not return phone calls Either
Your post is quite ironic, although only a couple on here will see it. I am well aware of who the owners are. Forgive my ignorance of spelling owner when I meant president, CEO or head cheese. And no I do not work for either supra or tige.

The UNBELIEVABLE part is that anyone can come on wakeworld, spew and have so many people buy in without any proof whatsoever. I am sorry that I choose to believe facts, of which you have offered none. So once again I will ask, what are the issues your having? Is it a dealer that your having problems with or tige as a manufacturer? Have you tried joining the Tigeowners forum and ask for help? There are company reps that visit that site quite often.

h2o2day, Charlie may be the owner but I know for a fact that he and people very close to him speak to their buyers.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-21-2014, 6:33 PM Reply   
Hopefully you called Rick today and your issues get resolved quickly.
Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-21-2014, 6:48 PM Reply   
Eric, it started with gel coat repairs from the factory that look like it was done in a rest stop on the way from Texas followed with boat filled with trash, screws, nylon ties, nuts, bolts, fiberglass shavings, ballast wired wrong, ballast install up side down, very bad water leak, cracks in the fiberglass which the repairs looked terrible, leaking ice chest, large screw rubbing hole in side of fuel tank. This is the condition it came from Tige?? Tige acts like I'm a complainer. I expected a little bit more for 95,000.00 Dollars.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-21-2014, 7:00 PM Reply   
Sounds like there was no dealer prep...
Old     (Captain_obvious)      Join Date: Jan 2014       03-22-2014, 8:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Eric, it started with gel coat repairs from the factory that look like it was done in a rest stop on the way from Texas followed with boat filled with trash, screws, nylon ties, nuts, bolts, fiberglass shavings, ballast wired wrong, ballast install up side down, very bad water leak, cracks in the fiberglass which the repairs looked terrible, leaking ice chest, large screw rubbing hole in side of fuel tank. This is the condition it came from Tige?? Tige acts like I'm a complainer. I expected a little bit more for 95,000.00 Dollars.

NO WAY NOT A LEAKING ICE CHEST, you cant go boating send the boat back.
Old     (ToddWake)      Join Date: Feb 2014       03-21-2014, 6:57 PM Reply   
Listen, tell us the whole story. You are forcing us to fill in the gaps on our own, that's why everyone is thus far siding with Tige. Tell us everything, start at the beginning, and stop at the end.
Old     (chillaxin)      Join Date: Jun 2012       03-21-2014, 7:06 PM Reply   
So was this a brand new boat delivery? You posted gel coat repair so I don't think it is? How old is the boat? Why did the dealer send it to Tige for gel coat repair? I am not trying to bust your balls just trying to understand.
Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-21-2014, 7:17 PM Reply   
Damage at the factory, repaired at the factory sent to dealer brand, new boat!! This has been going on for a year 2013 RZ4
Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-21-2014, 7:23 PM Reply   
Tige factory kept my boat at the factory most of the summer July 20th 2013 - October 4th 2013
Old     (PotatoShack)      Join Date: Aug 2013       03-21-2014, 7:57 PM Reply   
@h2o2day. I think what everyone is wanting is for some real details. Take the time and spell it all out with dates ext. I have a friend going through the same thing with another company. The more details you can give the more support you will get here at WW.
Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       03-22-2014, 11:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoShack View Post
@h2o2day. I think what everyone is wanting is for some real details. Take the time and spell it all out with dates ext. I have a friend going through the same thing with another company. The more details you can give the more support you will get here at WW.
Pot meet kettle ....
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-22-2014, 12:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoShack View Post
LOL at you responding to this. That's freaking funny
Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-21-2014, 8:20 PM Reply   
Maybe Rick will call. He knows my number. I will keep you posted.
Old     (TigeBill25)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-21-2014, 9:35 PM Reply   
I knew this day would come. I have quite a story to tell about Tige. I don't work for Tige and have no affiliation with Tige or the industry for that matter. So to all the haters, people who get jerked off by dealers and manufactures, and those who have just been wronged by anyone in the boat industry. This ones for you.

I purchased a 2013 Tige from a dealer in Portland, Or last Spring. I looked at the G23, Mastercraft. and Tige. I actually went on the water and tested all three boats multiple times. I gave friends who all have their ideas of what the best boat is (and their opinions are all valid) but I wanted to see for myself. My family is really into surfing and occasionally wake boarding. 70-30% time wise. I decided to go with Tige. One, the wave is the best out of the box wave manufactured STILL today. I didn't want to do a lot of after market upgrades. I, like many of you, just wanted it to work and be able to surf a wave with little or no ability. This is key when trying to get your family into the sport. The easier the sport... The easier on dad. On so many levels; you know what I mean? I ordered a custom Z-3 with all the bells and whistles; pro-package, etc. I took hold of my new boat in mid-April. I took it out the same day and loved it, only for about an hour. The next day I went out with some friends, yea the same guys who own Mastercrafts, MB's and the like. While out, my steering wheel assembly fell apart, the filling system malfunctioned and I noticed a few blems in the gel coat. Serious blems. After taking a heap of &@(" from my "buddies" and having to laugh myself I went down the next day and did a thorough inspection. I found many things that were not as I had hoped or been sold on. I started making a list. The next day while contemplating my situation and not wanting to discuss with my wife, I took a group of people out. This day ended up being the last straw. The exhaust manifold came away from the block. After talking with a Mastercraft owner who had this same thing happen to him ... Btw his boat sunk, I said enough. I was lucky that I had 8 people on my boat to keep me off other boats in the swift moving marina water. I called the Rep and Rick at Tige. With 27 things wrong it was time for me to drop it off or for them TIGE to make it right. We'll, today I own a ..... Wait for it.... A Tige. Rick and Tige did the right thing. They built me a bad ass boat, added a few extras for our trouble, and even got me to buy a few more upgrades. Tige stood by there product, worked with me on new colors, upgrades, and delivery. Yes, a very Fd up situation but in today's business world, things happen. Sometimes like in my case, lots of things happen. It comes down to how a manufacturer reacts to these THINGS. I am now a Tige guy and thought that sharing this story will make those of you who think bad of the manufacturer to rethink who is doing the jerking. Look first at your dealer. My experience is that once your boat is delivered the dealer is on to delivering another boat. They hope you return for the service work where they can bill that same manufacturer at 50 bucks an hour or more. My local dealer removed them self from the equation early on and told me to work directly with Tige. That may have been the clearest path for communication but seriously, look to your dealer and at your dealer first.
I now know more about Tige boats than I ever wanted but I also know that if I have a warranty issue, or claim that Tige is there for me. And when you buy a 80-120k boat.... It's nice knowing that the manufacturer stands bye there product. Thank you Rick and Bryan for being both ethical and doing the right thing!!! I am a Tige champion.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-22-2014, 4:45 AM Reply   
So far all i've seen is smoke. That in itself doesn't mean there is a fire. Maybe someone is trying to start one? No proof ? Then it's just words on a computer screen. H2o2day has done some talking,but he hasn't said anything. To me that means he really hasn't tried or doesn't have a real issue.
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       03-22-2014, 5:18 AM Reply   
Sounds like maybe H2o2day might have gotten your old boat? Sending a boat out with 27 defects some of them serious is unacceptable even in a boat that cost half as much. So far this has been reported twice on WW is this just the tip of the iceberg? Just having them get past quality control at the factory is bad but then to have the dealer deliver the boat for all to see is inexcusable. Rick and Charlie have some serious issues it will take more than a phone number on a forum to fix.
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       03-22-2014, 6:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
Sounds like maybe H2o2day might have gotten your old boat? Sending a boat out with 27 defects some of them serious is unacceptable even in a boat that cost half as much. So far this has been reported twice on WW is this just the tip of the iceberg? Just having them get past quality control at the factory is bad but then to have the dealer deliver the boat for all to see is inexcusable. Rick and Charlie have some serious issues it will take more than a phone number on a forum to fix.
This. I'm not a Tige hater (nor owner) - but the 'punch list' after receiving my current boat was to have them do some adjustments to the bimini. Yep, that's it.

Any serious mechanical issue should be caught in QC.. major gelcoat blems COULD happen in transit, but the dealer should catch those before delivery..

When stuff is so bad that they have to replace your whole boat, I'm not sure I'd sing their praises for replacing the boat without throwing out some caution for the fact that they had to do so..
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-22-2014, 6:57 AM Reply   
I would have to agree that if a new boat - frankly at any price $40 k to $100k - had that many problems, yes, i would expect them to fix as they did for you. But I will still say the company is a pile of crap. It is a sign that many many employees along the way do not care about the company or their product.

That being said I am 2nd owner of super air 210 and i got service records of first owner, and can tell that my nautique had a handful of problems.

I would not even consider buying a boat as first owner unless dealer was really close to where I lived or I had agreement with dealer that they were coming to me with a loaner boat if i had problems. Not realistic. But honestly I think none of the brands are that great.

If you truly have that many problems then Tige should just bring have you send a video of the problems to verify and just bring you a loaner boat.

PS I would disagree with above post. There is really no reason these boats should not come out better. My house had less problems then the first owner of my nautique did. It is pretty much a controlled environment for a boat with each guy doing a portion of the job. And then they supposedly test everything. Yeah, right.

Last edited by scottb7; 03-22-2014 at 7:01 AM.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       03-22-2014, 5:14 AM Reply   
Bill thats a great story and i am really glad it worked out for you. With that being said, if it was a 14k tahoe brand new i would understand. These companies are charging over 80k for a toy. It better be flawless out of the factory.

But i know is isnt often the case. I watch top gear alot and they are always talking about 400k ferarris catching fire and such.

This just teaches me one thing. Buy used.

Thats my 2 pennies
Old     (edgeski1)      Join Date: Jan 2013 Location: Portage, Mi       03-22-2014, 6:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brichter14 View Post
Bill thats a great story and i am really glad it worked out for you. With that being said, if it was a 14k tahoe brand new i would understand. These companies are charging over 80k for a toy. It better be flawless out of the factory.

Thats my 2 pennies
I understand this quote up until the last sentence. You need to look at a boat in regards to a house. Which many people paid way more than 80k for. If you've ever gone through having your house built for you, you'll know that it wasn't 100% perfect. It was hand built, people often make mistakes. It's how the mistakes are rectified that makes a manufacturer good or bad IMHO

Good luck h202day. I'm sure they'll make it right
Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-22-2014, 5:58 AM Reply   
Bill love your story. Hope to share a success story
Old     (edgeski1)      Join Date: Jan 2013 Location: Portage, Mi       03-22-2014, 7:14 AM Reply   
I 100% agree that the companies need to step it up in QC. But oftentimes I hear people comparing these boats to cars, which are for the most part near flawless when they get in the customers hands. Which is why I used the house analogy
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-22-2014, 7:28 AM Reply   
Agree. Either comparison is valid. I can think of no reason why the boat shouldn't be near flawless. Not so much due to QC though. Each employee needs to just do a good job on their part. A long bolt/screw hitting the gas tank is either due to worker being lazy not using the prescribed fastener or that employee not going to his manager to recommend a different fastener.

My point is that other then poor engineering - which ususally does not show up for quite a while, or an occasional bad employee, which clearly did not cause engine mfg problems as well as gelcoat problems - is due to employees feeling like crapping on the company they work for. That is usually due to being treated badly by management, plain and simple. Then they just try to get back at the company by taking it out on the product.

Tige probably has an "employee engagement" problem. That many problems means it has probably gone on for a while.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-22-2014, 8:51 AM Reply   
How many man hours go into a new house versus a new boat? Maybe 100 times more hours? Boats are built in 2 weeks. They are 23 feet long. How long can it possibly take to go over the boat and find the defects after completion? The one poster stated he found 27 defects in the first 2 days out. Be a tige fanboy all you want but that's a straight up joke.

Everyone knows a new boat will have some issues overtime. Whether it's a moomba or a Nautique for double the price they will all have minor issues, or even a major issue, but the dealer should be taking care of this ASAP. But come on, 27 issues? And this is from a guy who is a fanboy and got a new boat from tige. He did get the best possible outcome of a new boat but how many people does that happen to and where did that crazy defective boat end up? I'd sure hate to now own that boat.

And to all the people ragging on the OP, something that is pretty obvious is posting on a forum can get results when working with your dealer can't. It's not the nicest way to go about things but sometimes bad publicity is the only way to get some results. What reason would the OP have for posting this? What would he have to gain? Maybe he just really hates tige? Unless the OP is actually Jetranger/Toddwake, because we all know how fond he is of Tige.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-22-2014, 8:32 AM Reply   
Moderator- Kill this thread. This is not the venue to air ONE person's bad experience - and there's definitely 2 sides to this story. Tige has been VERY good to work with over the years- I have a 2001 21V and am the original owner. I have been VERY VERY happy with the build quality and the way it's held up. My boat has recovered seats- this is probably the only area that I would have liked to see a better design. The older seats held water- but we put more vents in the pro-board and the problem is solved. Gel coat's been great- no cracks or spydering anywhere- no fading, and even my Metcraft Tower is in good shape- no cracks, rattles, etc.
So much of how a boat holds up has to do with the idiot that buys it. Stop beating on the Manufacturer and look in the mirror OP- not saying that things don't happen, but all in all, Tige RESPONDS better than most.
Old     (PAE)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-22-2014, 9:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by will5150 View Post
Moderator- Kill this thread. This is not the venue to air ONE person's bad experience - and there's definitely 2 sides to this story. Tige has been VERY good to work with over the years- I have a 2001 21V and am the original owner. I have been VERY VERY happy with the build quality and the way it's held up. My boat has recovered seats- this is probably the only area that I would have liked to see a better design. The older seats held water- but we put more vents in the pro-board and the problem is solved. Gel coat's been great- no cracks or spydering anywhere- no fading, and even my Metcraft Tower is in good shape- no cracks, rattles, etc.
So much of how a boat holds up has to do with the idiot that buys it. Stop beating on the Manufacturer and look in the mirror OP- not saying that things don't happen, but all in all, Tige RESPONDS better than most.
I couldn't disagree more with this comment. In the current market, the consumer’s opinions matter. Consumers and potential consumers need to have a venue to research, compare and ultimately make educated decisions about products they are going to purchase. In 1995 Amazon started a consumer based rating system on their website which has changed consumer behavior ever since. Consumers expect a place to find reviews. If Tige were truly concerned with their image and brand, they would encourage consumers to publish their opinions and not try and cover up potential issues with the boats they produce. Numerous times on tigeowners, legitimate customers, with legitimate concerns attempted to educate others about issues, only to have the post deleted. Reputation and brand management is the cornerstone to the survival of a company in the web based consumer dominated marketplace. I am encouraging the moderator to leave this thread up and active in an attempt at complete transparency for consumers about to purchase a tige boat. Way to go H2o2day for stepping up and coming forward to educate others about your problems and concerns. I also encourage other Tige owners who have had problems with their new boats come forward in an attempt at complete transparency for other potential customers.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-22-2014, 9:08 AM Reply   
Will, I agree with you that a lot of how a boat holds up is due to the owner's care of it but the OP is talking about a brand new boat. The other poster is as well. The other poster did say his got taken care of very well though. So we have two buyers who bought brand new boats within the last year or so and have had multiple problems. Now, we are only hearing the OP's side of the story and likely only will. Just like the Supra thread I doubt we will hear much in the way of details from the manufacturer.

Multiple problems on a brand new boat like these people are talking about is unacceptable in my opinion. Sure there can be small problems here and there and maybe even a major one that pops up once the boat is being used but stuff straight from the get go should get caught at multiple levels. First, there should be systems in place so that the manufacturing process has minimal chances of variance. It seems there should be inspections at multiple points throughout the build process to make sure things look correct and things are cleaned up. There should also be a water test and full multiple point inspection before the boat is signed off on as good to go. Then, if a manufacturer has good dealers they should catch anything else. Remember, manufacturers choose who they partner with to sell their boats. The dealer represents the manufacturer. So a good manufacturer could really be hurt by a crappy dealer representing them and the opposite could be true. A crappy manufacturer could come out looking good if they have great dealers. Get a great manufacturer, putting out great products and being represented by great dealers and you have the best possible outcome.
Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-22-2014, 9:12 AM Reply   
Everyone please let's give Tige a chance to reply, if not I will tell you the rest of the story.
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       03-22-2014, 9:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Everyone please let's give Tige a chance to reply, if not I will tell you the rest of the story.

You registered here to solely throw Tige under the bus......and gave no real supporting info from the start.

Then after kickin the hornets nest you ask for everyone to wait for Tige's response before you spill the beans.

News flash....YOU are the only one waiting on the response from your threat. You also use "everyone" in your post as if we are on your side and on the edge of our seat waiting to hear back.

Please crawl back under your rock.

Last edited by bstroop; 03-22-2014 at 9:38 AM.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-22-2014, 9:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
You say it's been going on for a year. How long you wanna give em?
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-22-2014, 10:13 AM Reply   
Hey Shane, I have no issue with an unbiased, objective review with FACTS about what's happening- this is not the case and it comes fro a poster who signed up TODAY to bitch about a boat problem that God knows how it really happened. With the cost of boats today, consumers look for opinions on their purchases and I'd do the same and if there were legit issues with the boat, then they'd surface but to come onto a forum as a brand new user and post a bunch of crap about how a service problem was handled the way the OP did here is BS. I wouldn't call this "educating " either- it's a rant plain and simple.
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       03-22-2014, 10:20 AM Reply   
Shane,

Perhaps there should be an all inclusive bad experience thread. Surely you aren't naive enough to think a bad apple doesn't roll off of any other manufacturers line.
Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       03-22-2014, 11:35 AM Reply   
I can't help but laugh again at people coming on a public forum to bash something they paid a truckload of money for and then expect that company to bend over backwards for them. I get that people buy boats for pleasure and want to ride , entertain friends have relaxing days but I think you have false expectations if you buy a brand new boat and don't have a ""punch list " to work out with your dealer. As I read the supposed Supra disaster ... Still yet to be confirmed ... And now this ,maybe the boat owner also needs to take some ownership in his new purchase. I work as a full time firefighter and at my station we just put in service a brand new fire engine 250k and guess what every shift change we have a new punch list of things that are not working correctly alarms , pump panel lights , air horn sticking , jake brake intermittent .... We continue to work with our manufacturer and deal with the issues as they pop up. Nothing is perfect no matter what the only thing that should be expected is great customer service which in my opinion is the president of the company taking the time to pop up on a public forum and say call me . There has always been some brand bashing but it's weird to see guys bashing on their own brands ?!
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       03-22-2014, 11:50 AM Reply   
All things considered and I'm not necessarily sticking up for the OP, but "IF" everything he says is correct (which is still to be determined), would you all still feel the same way??? Every manufacturer is guilty of rolling a lemon off the line from time to time because nobody and nothing in this world is perfect. If a consumer has a bad experience with a 100k product, can not get it rectified through the dealer, and expressed that he has tried to contact the manufacturer direct with little to no luck, is he wrong for starting a profile on a popular wakeboard website to express his frustration??? I don't think he is (assuming his story is correct) regardless of brand. Maybe he trolls here, maybe he saw the supra thread and Rick TInkers response and figured he would get further here than he did with the dealer or contacting the manufacturer direct. This is assumption of course, but if everything is true, I don't see a single problem with what this OP is doing.

To the OP, you should really clarify some things though and post facts before starting too much of a debate. These threads can get out of conrtol quickly and if there is little truth to the story it is very wrong to bash a manufacturer publicly for something they didn't do or had no control over. There are always two sides to the story and if your side is correct than I feel what you're doing is right. If it is not, than I do feel sorry for the Tige reputation that is getting bashed for no reason.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-22-2014, 12:32 PM Reply   
Kill the thread. no, ban the guy who asked to kill the thread. who cares if op signed up just to bash. tige can respond if they want. this is not their forum. it is a free world. this forum is for info sharing and entertainment. and this thread is fulfilling those both.

punch list my ass. i disagree, there should not be a punch list no what what the price of the new boat...duh, it is a brand new object. jeez, i feel for you a 250k fire engine is a piece of crap. thanks for you service, that is awful. those specific things you named should not be a problem brand new. bad components, bad testing, bad engineering....great customer service is important, agreed, but those problems are bs.

op: As far as waiting for tige to reply. screw off. you want to use the forum for your purpose. so do we. we can wait not wait. say what we want. that is why this forum is great and the moderators are awesome.
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       03-22-2014, 12:37 PM Reply   
I bought a new 2013 Tige RZ4 last season and the only issue I had with it was a loose ground that was causing static in the stereo. The only other thing I've had to do is tighten up the mounts on my upgraded Samson racks, but I blame that on me since I spent a lot of time in rough water last year. Nothing a bit of loctite wouldn't take care of.

h2o2day, if your hull is cracked my understanding of the LIFETIME HULL WARRANTY is that Tige will replace the entire boat...and to date they've yet to have one come in that needed replacing. Sounds like you've got a ****ty dealer, but the brand itself seems pretty solid in my book. My experience with both the brand and my local dealer have been fantastic.

As stated before, if you want people to actually believe you and take your side, then actual facts (bonus for dates and pictures) are required instead of some vague generalized statements that offer no specific information. We will all reserve judgement of Tige and continue to hate on you until you manage to actually produce real info.

Also, you got hosed at $95k for your RZ4 (I paid about $10k less fully loaded), which tells me that you're not real boat saavy and everything you say should definitely be taken with a grain of salt.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-22-2014, 12:42 PM Reply   
Well said, Ryan K.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-22-2014, 1:47 PM Reply   
95 grand is alot to pay for a degree in boat saviness
Old     (TigeBill25)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-22-2014, 2:59 PM Reply   
Check yourself and then your wallet. For me, the investment in a 90k boat did not come lightly. I really did my homework and still think I got the best boat for my activities. With that being said I had to push pretty hard to get the "lemon" replaced. I guess the two suggestions I can give are... 1) don't buy a boat of any kind if you are borrowing peter to pay for it. 2). Be willing and accept the fact that you may have to get Lettigius to fight for your rights. I don't want people to think that Tige rolled over. We came to an agreement meaning I was willing to drop the boat off at the dealer and let my lawyer handle it. But my whole point was that the manufacturer did the right thing. They could have said F off, and saved themselves the headache of dealing with it but they made a conscious or economic decision to do the right thing. It sucked having to fight for my brave new boat. As I stated several times. " I just want a boat that works". That's it. I agree with a lot of you and feel bad for many. All manufacturers out out lemons on occasion. These manufacturers are real gel coat specialists who assemble boats. The Motor and exhaust manifold for example was not Tige's issue. The mid matched color on the wet sounds speakers was not a Tige issue. I am not saying Tige is perfect; they need to step it up before every boat leaves. It's their name on the boat. But when you point fingers understand who is responsible for the defect., blems or QC issue. It all comes back to the mftr in the end but again, most of them are gel coat guys who ASSEMBLE boats. Good luck guys and may the water meet you in the near future.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-22-2014, 4:42 PM Reply   
Bill. Now that you have had your "lemon" replaced and are a happy customer, please list here the "27" problems with your boat. This is not to bash Tige but I am really curious as to what issue in particular, or series of problems, forced Tige to completely replace your boat.

We read of stories like yours, hear of the outcomes, but never get to hear what the actual problems with the boat were.

Thank you in advance.
Old     (Birdman)      Join Date: Jan 2014       03-22-2014, 5:12 PM Reply   
Had the same issue recently with a truck bought it lifted 6" with 35" tires from a second hand dealership it was used and all the mods were done by the dealership I bout it from. They sold me extended warranty before I drove it off the lot long story short my transmission blew up a year later (dodge) truck had 35000 km on it. Dodge dealership would not warranty it due to the mods done so I was sitting there with a 40000 dollar loan and no warranty and have to fix the 8000 dollar transmission myself. I never called a lawyer but told them I did as soon as that happened they bought the truck back off me as I didn't want it because of the full void warranty. The fact is people would not buy brand new things with the expectation or "guarantee" of warranty if the company dealership ect. Does not honor it. Call a lawyer
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-22-2014, 5:47 PM Reply   
Wow! A lot of discussion over a " no facts needed" rant.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-22-2014, 6:39 PM Reply   
Just like the other thread. Pres of the company provides his contact info, yet the person with the problem continues to post on WW. Burn up some cell time with a text or call every 5 min. I'm with ya as soon as I see a screen shot of your phone with 22 texts and not 1 reply.
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-22-2014, 8:22 PM Reply   
Hey Rick, just call h202day and let us know that you did.
Then we are not wondering.......".Please tell me their lawyer hasn't pinned their hopes to a phone bill."

These one sided circus shows are getting old.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       03-22-2014, 9:24 PM Reply   
Im not in a rush to judge. He may be truthful. My buddy swore he had a tige lemon and tige reps and regional bosses and managers and national sales director etc. repeatedly jerked him around getting his boat fixed. The way they handled him and his boat solely removed me from the market of an rz2 when I was boat shopping. I heard phone calls and broken promises repeatedly. They just lied to him over and over again and repeatedly said they were gonna talk to each other and have meetings and just kept blowing him off. Based on what I saw with how tige did my good buddy I am not so quick to discredit the o.p. He's probably just pissed off and venting from getting runaround if his situation is anything like my buddy toms z1..... He had repeated problems with boat burning oil, repeated alpha z tower problems, and other issues over and over.
Old     (Indyxc)      Join Date: Jul 2011       03-22-2014, 10:35 PM Reply   
Just another story about Tige:

A buddy of mine bought a brand new R20 last year. When it was delivered one side of the hull in about 6 x 3 foot section has small indents in it, like from a dirty fiberglass mold. His local dealer screwed with him for a bit, but once Tige got involved, they offered to let him use the current boat for the summer, and they would build him a BRAND new boat when they could.

So we basically used boat 1 for the first half the summer, then boat 2 got delivered. Unfortunately that boat's hull got damaged from lack of padding during shipping. Tige had their fiberglass guy come in and fix it, and gave him a pair of Rev 10s and a Wetsound amps for his trouble.

Bottom line they've been standing behind their (Tige corporate) product. Unfortunately for him, his local dealer is really the issue. They seem to make a good effort, but lack the attention to detail on the dealer/prep level which really ends up being the disastisfier. When you spend 60K+ you EXPECT everything to be perfect. The dealers don't get that. The mastercraft/nautique dealers largely do.
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       03-22-2014, 11:16 PM Reply   
I've always believed that there's 3 sides to every story...
and in this case, it's h2o's, the dealers and somewhere within the 2 lies the actual truth with tige getting dragged into the middle..

real issue here is that the dealer, most likely not a member here, and tige certainly won't post the issues on this forum so we are left to read a biased, single side of the story that will attempt to draw us to his side..

not saying h2o is right or wrong but if there's one thing my 20 years in retail has taught me are that there are some customers a business doesn't need and one that throws a bomb into a local message board and runs away might fit the bill.

I'm with the others that if you truly have an issue, posting up specifics would garner a lot more genuine support than the unsubstantiated claims that are currently being made but when doing so, keep in mind that any manufacturer can find a way to deny warranty claims if they try hard and as mentioned in the prior paragraph, tige might just decide you should be a customer of nautique in the long run..

good luck.
posted from a tige owner that had a few warranty issues on my '12 that were taken care of..
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-23-2014, 3:52 AM Reply   
Bottom line. You really don't know how much your dealer cares until you have a warranty issue. Then when he's not getting more of "your" money do you find out if he really wants to keep you a happy boat owner.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-23-2014, 6:59 AM Reply   
Agree with above comment about when dealer not getting more of your money. Little story, and I guarantee it IS true. So got my 2008 sante 210 like 2 years ago no. Had it delivered via uship from texas. Guy boat it from buxton marine, but traded it in at waterski america which is where i purchased it from. Anyway, I knew when I got it that I would have like 6 mos warranty left. But figured it was worth a few hundred bucks to pay for warranty transfer so I could very thoroughly check things out. Mostly I was worried about the gateway box, and the keypad, expensive junk like that.

So I made my own "punch list". And more or less - if i remember right it was just little stuff - I needed a bunch of seat pistons. And for the life of me I still don't know why those go out so quick. But anyway, I had like 5 or 6 seat cushions that had small tears. So at first Nautique told me through the dealer that was a wear and tear item and not covered. I told the dealer to tell Nautique very firmly that since the warranty allows for "normal use". And nothing in the warranty literature indicates anything about "wear and tear items" not being covered. I called back to dealer a week ago and they said, Nautique always gives crap about replacing seats, but they were on the way. Rather then sending skins they actually just sent the whole seat. I had dealer fedex me the big box of seats. I appreciated the dealer help so much I had pizza's delivered to entire dealership for lunch one day.

So lesson. You do have to push. You also need that dealer to help push. But if you can't get response all you have to do usually is send certified mail to dealer or company. Usually what happens when you do that is someone at front desk or something signs for the certified mail. Then you have proof of delivery of letter which you ask for them to call you by x date. My dad used to send people "final notice before suit" letters that got peoples attention.

Last edited by scottb7; 03-23-2014 at 7:02 AM.
Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-23-2014, 7:11 AM Reply   
Scott, did certified mail.
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       03-23-2014, 7:14 AM Reply   
Its a double edged sword say too much and loose any chance of resolution from the company say too little and get bashed on WW . I think the OP has stated some facts. [''it started with gel coat repairs from the factory that look like it was done in a rest stop on the way from Texas followed with boat filled with trash, screws, nylon ties, nuts, bolts, fiberglass shavings, ballast wired wrong, ballast install up side down, very bad water leak, cracks in the fiberglass which the repairs looked terrible, leaking ice chest, large screw rubbing hole in side of fuel tank. This is the condition it came from Tige??''] If they are not true then lets hear it from Tige. Its unfortunate that it was handled so bad over the last year. Its never good to air out your dirty laundry in public. Who ever is in charge of warranty repairs at Tige shame on you for letting this get to this point. If even half of it is true it shows a failure of the company and dealer to deliver a quality product. At this point it would be best for Tige to just handle it and make it go away.
Old     (h2o2day)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-23-2014, 8:16 AM Reply   
Just curious, what other boat forums exist?