Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (supratweaked)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-04-2012, 8:28 AM Reply   
I will be going over seas for work and have two weeks off after 8 weeks of work. The company I will be working for provides plane tickets of equal value that it would take to get your original "point of origin". As I will be in the Middle East and my origination is California, I can fly almost anywhere I want to.

I have been to OWC once and had a great time, so I thought I would hit a cable somewhere in the world in late April. I want someplace warm where the costs for lodging and food are fairly low. Also looking for later in the year too.

I am a novice wake rider and not looking for anything super tech.. Just want a place where the people are relaxed and a friendly atmosphere.

Suggestions and why please.

Thanks,

Vince
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-04-2012, 9:00 AM Reply   
For warm and cheap and nice cable parks, Id choose Texas Ski Ranch (TSR) or McCormicks near Tampa. Both are really nice parks
Old     (TParke)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-04-2012, 9:28 AM Reply   
Vince

Depending on where you are in the Middle East, Abu Dhabi has a Cable that they just ordered a whole bunch of new stuff for. Also if you ever make it out here you are more than welcome to come ride behind my boat.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            02-04-2012, 9:40 AM Reply   
McCormicks (81 degrees right now, 71 degree water)

Abu Dhabi
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-04-2012, 10:29 AM Reply   
Cwc
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-04-2012, 12:56 PM Reply   
I'll be hitting up McCormicks at the beginning of March and TSR at the end of April.I'll tell you which one is the most fun then.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-04-2012, 1:31 PM Reply   
HYdrous Allen Station In allen Texas Goes clockwise for regular footers and is a nice setup..
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-04-2012, 1:57 PM Reply   
Bill, I'm going to Dallas next week. Is it too cold to do some night riding? Should I bring a full suit?
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-04-2012, 4:15 PM Reply   
not sure Mcgavin about the night riding but the other day water was about 60 and we were wearing shortys and heater tops, altough it was 70 outside and partly sunny.. fullsuit would be on the safe wide just in case..
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-04-2012, 5:04 PM Reply   
Absolutely Shameless Plug...

I would visit the new 100 acre WakeZone in OKC on Sunday June 3rd with $12,000 Cash Purse and selection for Team USA to follow the quest to the Olympics. Not only will the best pro cable riders be there but some of the top pro wakeboard riders such as Andrew Atkison, Raimi Merritt, Austin Hair with possible return of Dallas Friday who have all been on Team USA.

Now, if I were on the University of Tennessee Wakeboard Team, I would defend my national title as Alt Games Collegiate Wakeboard Champion just before USA Cable Nationals on May 31 - June 2 at the new boat lake at WakeZone Cable Park. But, I'm not on that team so, I will have to watch Ball State, Central Washington, Arizona State, California State-Chico, Florida Gulf Coast, Illinois State, North Carolina State, University of Florida, University of Louisiana Monroe, University of Miami, University of Wisconsin-Madison, and Virginia Tech try to get that title from UT.

I'm Just Saying
Attached Images

Old     (supratweaked)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-05-2012, 8:32 AM Reply   
Nice shameless plug Chris. I will be out of country and unable to attend either event. I hope Chico does well. Sticking to my Nor Cal roots.

Eubanks - Cwc??? Is this Cam Sur? If it is, I was going to meet a Jr. Pro rider over there when I thought my departure date was in was in January. This would have put my off time well before the tour season. Now I think we will have to wait until after the tour to celebrate his podium finish.

Tory- Thanks for the info. and invite. I will be on the West Coast of Saudi. I was hoping get away from the area for my off time, but will definately consider it.
I am trying to get gear shipped directly to whereever I go as I will not be able to bring with me. Do you know anywhere I can get gear (CWB)?

All others - Thanks for your input. i am looking to stay out of the US, so even the ones in California are out.
Old     (TParke)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-05-2012, 11:40 AM Reply   
Vince

Alot of the guys here go to Thai wake park or CWC. I know the CWB dealer here, we ride with some of their sponsored riders, but things are already a little overpriced and then you add shipping on top of it. I have friends at both parks if you are looking for gear. I would just line it up and buy it there, I think this would be cheaper. I have bought some stuff off of buywake.com and had it shipped so you may want to check there also. I know how you feel needing to see a little green I personally would head to Thai Wake Park but I am a little partial to Thailand.
Old     (wakerpunk)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-05-2012, 12:27 PM Reply   
OWC. It has a fun park with new features. They're not super basic and as easy to his as features at lets say Wake Nation Cinci. Did i mention theres always stuff to do if you're not wake boarding...
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-06-2012, 7:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
Bill, I'm going to Dallas next week. Is it too cold to do some night riding? Should I bring a full suit?
They are open most warm days and right now usually noon-6 or 2-6. A fullsuit and you're fine, and they've actually started renting some fullsuits.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-06-2012, 1:09 PM Reply   
Vince, try the Philippines
http://www.cwcwake.com/
Not sure if there is surf nearby, but the rates are great!
Old     (dcdman67)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-06-2012, 4:54 PM Reply   
You can hit up wakeboard Langenfeld. It is about 20 minutes outside of Dusseldorf Germany. There is a train station which is about a 10 minute walk from the cable. Cool people and fun place to hang out and ride.

http://www.wasserski-langenfeld.de/