Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       07-23-2012, 7:57 PM Reply   
Alright, Ive been researching a lot about the best way to tune the amp. So many different opinions i went ahead and called JL Audio today. They told me how to tune it with a multi meter so I went and bought a decent one and got a test tune off itunes. It was a 50hz @ 0db test tune. I sat the amp at 54.7 AC. I connected the sub to the amp and it was ok. Nothing like what I was hoping for. I keep comparing it to my 2 12w6s which i thought it may be close. But it really isnt. Im wondering if thats just how it is. Its in a sealed box, that is supposedly built to spec. I build a ported box built to specs the other day and am hoping to drop the sub in there real soon. Any input on if a ported box will make a huge difference? Im doubting its very audible but im not sure, never have had a sealed box. Is anyone running this set up in there boat for a sub?