Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    kaligirl            04-06-2010, 7:40 AM Reply   
Just wanted to share my amazing experience with the people out at the Malibu factory in Merced. I have an '06 Wakesetter and decided to take the sticker off and have it detailed to prep it for a custom sticker. I had a reccomendation for where to get it done and (long story short) the guy jacked up my gel coat BAD and convinced me it was a defect Malibu hid under the sticker. I drove down to Malibu really pissed off. The guys at Malibu showed me how it was damaged while the sticker was taken off and also showed me where some A-hole had PAINTED a clear coat on top of my gel coat! They said it would take 10-12 hours of labor to restore the gel coat and even though it wasn't their fault, they totally took care of my boat at cost...saving me close to $700! They were amazing and the boat looks great again. I couldn't apologize enough for blaming them but they were so understanding and just kept saying how they really pride themselves on their product and workmanship and they want their customers to feel good about the boats they made for them. The people down there, especially George are just great.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-06-2010, 8:03 AM Reply   
wow impressive! mind if i ask you what the total bill was? what all did they do? surely they didnt wet sand all that clear coat off? man that would be some hours!
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-06-2010, 8:29 AM Reply   
"Or" the damage really was there and hid by a sticker and some clear coat from the boat build and Malibu did it at cost because they knew this.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-06-2010, 8:39 AM Reply   
Its nice to see a company stand behind their product and make it right insted of finding a way out of fixing it.Thanks for sharing good service experiences insted of horror stories. Good job Malibu.
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-06-2010, 8:59 AM Reply   
A+ service for me as well. Had some blems on my 07 LSV interior and they took care of it with no hassle.
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-06-2010, 9:18 AM Reply   
Same here I had a couple of spider cracks at the rear tie down locations (I thought from when they lifted it on to the trailer) they got it done fast and perfectly.
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-06-2010, 9:36 AM Reply   
I've had the same experience with Malibu as well. They fixed stuff for me relatively hassle free. Jorge is definately cool to work with on issues like this.