Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (spectralvr)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-09-2009, 3:34 PM Reply   
i am converting, time to sell the jet boat and get a more practical wakeboarding boat to enjoy with the family and friends. I visited the LA boat show this last weekend looking at malibu and mastercraft because thats all i knew and it seemed the Sangers looked nice and had incredible pricing but dont know much more then what the salesman had to say and he gave a great presentation. He didnt try to act like they had a better boat but the same options but not the same amount of money and they have a new tower that looks awesome and has swing away racks, and a bimini top which i need for my wife and son. Wanting to know what you guys thought who have experience with these boats, and how you felt about them. And is perfect pass really necessary? Thanks
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       02-09-2009, 4:19 PM Reply   
Sanger boats are awesome. Well built and throw a nice wake. And yes Perfect Pass is a necessity, it saves marriages.
Old     (malibuboats4)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-09-2009, 4:38 PM Reply   
try the search forum.... but any boat you pick will be a great one
Old    deltahoosier            02-09-2009, 4:39 PM Reply   
Get perfect pass. Do not pass go until you do.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-09-2009, 4:53 PM Reply   
Yes, get PP. It makes life easier and that's one of the reasons you are getting a boat right?
Take the time to test drive the boats you like the most. They are different from each other. You will not be getting a bad boat with any of the three you've mentioned.
For my use the Sanger was the better boat of those three. I thought it was a nice bonus that it cost less. When you drive them you might decide the same or pick one of the others.
Have Fun.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-09-2009, 4:55 PM Reply   
The dealer would make the biggest difference to me. Your kind of right in Sanger's home territory. So if their dealer is the coolest for you to deal with on an ongoing basis, then there ya go.

There might be other things that would decide it for you too though. Sanger's bowed up engine cover doesn't do it for me. A lot of people seem to hang out on there & it seems like they would tend to roll off into the water more easily...... although that can be the issue with some people & enough jello shots anyway. ;)

PP.... I don't know. I have it now. But I didn't have it on the first 3 boats I had & never had that much of a problem. It's nice, but not a necessity in my book.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-09-2009, 6:00 PM Reply   
I love PP. To me drive every boat you can that interests you that has a good dealer. I would say almost any boat out there will do the job for the average user. Bill is right its a marriage with your dealer and you want a good one or the best one. Next don't let wake world guide you on what boat you should buy. There is a lot of people that are way too brand loyal. Buying a luxury item like a boat is a big deal. Have fun drive as many boats as you can drive the sales guys crazy test them all and find out for your self. Also go to the specific groups Malibu Crew, MC Team talk, Tige Owners, CC, Centurion etc. Good luck post pictures and enjoy.
Old     (wakedv)      Join Date: May 2007       02-09-2009, 7:59 PM Reply   
Looked pretty hard at a Sanger before I went with the Bu, nice boats. PP is a must in IMO.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-09-2009, 8:14 PM Reply   
Bruce, you got any pics of the old ride. i miss my old go fast boat, 76 hondo t-deck, 454 baby. restored most of it myself. but i to had to let it go, for a sanger v215 in fact. i now own a malibu but i would own another sanger in a heart beat.

Upload
Upload
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-09-2009, 8:28 PM Reply   
^^^ no you wouldn't. Then you'd be calling me for a pull all the time.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-09-2009, 9:48 PM Reply   
yah but id still be waiting for a call back!!
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-09-2009, 11:06 PM Reply   
I second third or fourth the perfect pass. Not only does it save you marriage, but it keeps you out of jail. You spend all the money on a wakeboarding boat not so you can be a driver. Nothing I hate more is inviting people to the lake only to find i can't get at least one good pull.
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-10-2009, 12:58 AM Reply   
I liked the Sangers alot too. But I paid the extra money for the Malibu primarily because of how low the Sangers are on the water. A little to stressful for me in big water lakes.

The primary reason I liked the Sangers and Malibus so much was #1, both are long time established companies with alot of backing. #2 is how large the interiors are on them. I actually took a measuring tape to the last boat show and measured all of the interiors of the wakeboarding boat companies.

I learned the Mastercrafts are surprisingly small in the inside (although still good boats), and the Sangers and Malibus are huge. I have a family with kids and all of my friends have families, so interior room was really important. My opinion.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-10-2009, 5:48 AM Reply   
IMHO Perfect Pass is the most important option in an inboard boat.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-10-2009, 10:34 AM Reply   
This is a really good time to be a first time boat buyer, especially if you are not too picky about color / options and consider leftover 08s and any 07s.

PP, as much automated balast that is available, racks, and a wake plate (trim tab) are the first options any wakeboat should have. After that it is pretty much creature comforts.
Old     (blind_pete)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-10-2009, 11:03 AM Reply   
if possible test drive them back to back the same days. some of the little details slip your mind after a few days. the pass makes a huge difference for beginner riders and drivers alike.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-10-2009, 11:08 AM Reply   
I will probably get hammered but one of my favorite boats as far as ride and space is Tige'. If you have a local dealer go check them out worth at least riding in one.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-10-2009, 12:11 PM Reply   
Tampa, Nothing wrong with that at all. the boat works well for you, suits your needs, fits your budget and you like it. Bingo.

Having the TigeTwins jam Tige down your throat 24/7 gets really old, but nothing at all wrong with saying which boat is for you.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-10-2009, 12:19 PM Reply   
^^^ I'm not jamming Tige down anyone's throat. So I'm not sure who you're referring to.

OP, test drive as many boats as possible and make a determination on what you want and need in a boat. You will be amazed at the simple things that you might be able to live without and the other stuff that you absolutely need. Personally, each boat has their own nitch in wakeboarding.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-10-2009, 12:25 PM Reply   
Sanger builds a nice boat, I would check out Nautique as well.
I think you should demo all the brands you are interested in and then make up your mind on what is setup best for your families needs.
Good luck to you and welcome to wakeworld!!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-10-2009, 12:25 PM Reply   
Hahaha!!!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-10-2009, 1:07 PM Reply   
Only the V210 has a bowed up sun deck/ engine cover.
Old     (justcoz5)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-10-2009, 2:23 PM Reply   
I agree with ATtheLake:

This is a great time to buy a boat because of the economy.

Personally I was in your situation 2 years ago and the best advice I got was don't be picky (and by that they meant don't be picky about the manufacturer) Almost all competition wakeboat manufacturers make a quality boat. Wait for a great deal to come along and pull the trigger on it when it does, don't worry if it is a mastercraft, nautique, malibu, sanger, supra, tige,etc... they all make quality boat.

I agree with the perfect pass, it is a must for people who haven't been driving boats for years. Auto fill ballast I am up in the air on. During the summer you can often find great deals on craigslist for fatsacs if you don't desperately need them. Things like a stereo system depreciate like crazy when you put them on a boat so often times you can get a boat with a nice system without it really factored into the price. Also any other freebies like vests, ropes, boards... factor into what it costs you, so if someone is willing to give you that stuff it is worthy of consideration.

As for me personally, I pulled the trigger on a used 2006 sanger V215 and I love it.
Old     (michridr69)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-10-2009, 2:26 PM Reply   
buy a sanger
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-10-2009, 2:47 PM Reply   
Only the V-210 with the 315 hp has the hump in the engine cover.
Get the Black Scorpion and no hump.