Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-28-2012, 5:28 PM Reply   
After almost 3 months of looking I think we have finally found the boat we want. 2005 Nautique SV211 LE. Boat has the 330 hp excaliber only 160 hours. Boat is as close to mint as a used boat can be. Not a scratch, rip, or tear. Options are: perfect pass, factory tower, swivel board racks, 4 speaker stereo, tandem trailer, custom below the rubrail snap cover. Extra prop and a few other things. I have read all I can on this hull and find mixed reviews. Also wonder about the hydrogate. I don't expect it to be a SAN TE, but would like a good solid intermediate wake with a little weight. It does not have ballast so I would plumb in about 1600-2000 lbs.

Like I said the boat is mint with super low hours. It is priced at 35K at a dealer. I would love to hear any experience with this boat.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-28-2012, 8:15 PM Reply   
1600-2000 lbs ? You wont need anywhere near that much to get a good intermediate wake. Go to Planet Nautique there a lot of 211 owners there that will get you set up.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-28-2012, 8:18 PM Reply   
Very solid wake with about 1200lbs .
Old     (okwakebdr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-29-2012, 7:30 AM Reply   
Put the fly high system in it and you'll have a nice wake. I actually really like it. (I have a 210 and my parents have a 211.) It is a great all-around boat. As said above, 1200 lbs will get you a pretty good intermediate wake. However, if you like to surf - go ahead and up that to the 1600 - 2000 lbs you suggested.

$35k is too much though, especially for a LE with no ballast. My parents purchased their '07 TE for $41k just last year - mint condition with only like 40 hours on it. I think $30k is better.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-29-2012, 5:26 PM Reply   
See thats why I ask. Because for what I have seen in the last couple months I thought that was a good deal. Is there a complete ballast system I can put in? I looked for a fly high system but couldn't find anything as a system complete ready to install. Just piggy back systems and they won't work as this boat doesn't have ballast.

So if 1200 is enough for a solid wake, then I just add 500-750 on the side I ride for surfing?

Taking the wife to see the boat on the way to the lake cabin tomorrow. We will probably be leaving a deposit if she likes it and we can agree to a price. I have already sent them pictures of my trade and we will be dropping the boat off there on the way home Sunday.

We have pretty much agreed that my trade is worth $10k. So what do people feel this boat is worth. Keep in mind our season is unofficially over this weekend. I just can't find alot of comparable boats to get a price idea. On top of it the dealer has 12-14 boats coming in on trades for surfgate boats that they are selling. Better to have a 10K used boat than a 35K one for the off season.

Am I to low at 20K and my boat?
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-29-2012, 6:11 PM Reply   
I would say 20k + your boat seems reasonable. I figure your boat this time of year is 11-12k and that 211 is a low 30 boat. Being that you are local to me, and I watch the nautique market here pretty closely, I would say that 35 for a really clean one regardless of options is a pretty decent price. It doesn't take much to put in ballast and if you do the aerator pumps like I did instead of the expensive impeller pumps, you will be money way ahead. I'd be happy to help you set it up if you wanted to go that route too. I am in andover
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-29-2012, 6:15 PM Reply   
I just looked, that is a really really nice boat. Great color combo for desirability and resale too. I think 35 is a decent price for sure. If you could get it for less, I think you would be in good shape. Let us know how you do
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-29-2012, 6:53 PM Reply   
It really is nice. Pictures don't do it justice. We looked in person yesterday and for being a used boat it's spotless. Someone took good care of it and didn't use it much. 165 hours in 8 years. Sad. It is one of the cleanest 05's we have seen. It was at their service facility and I was able to talk to the mechanic who had done the trade in inspection. They found a bad battery and a trailer light out. Thats it. He told me it ran as new. Couldn't find a thing wrong and it's spotless right down to inside the compartments and bilge. They are a malibu dealer and the mechanic really spoke highly of the boat. They seem to be a really good dealership to work with.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-30-2012, 7:24 AM Reply   
They are a decent dealership and do a ton of biz. The only negative I say about them is the owner acts like he is on a level above everybody. I have been around him at boat shows, water demos, and just stopping buy the shop. In the last 8 years, it hasn't changed some know it isn't an anomaly. Its pretty sad actually because it has kinda kept me from taking them seriously as a dealership. I am only 31 and I am on my 3rd nautique. I have had nothing but good things to say about his son Matt who is a presence on the floor and shows and his gm at the brained shop Sally. The dealership is really second to none in the area.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-31-2012, 6:33 AM Reply   
I have a solid white 09 with 160hrs, 45k (asking more but I think the owner will take it) in NC (not negotiable)
Attached Images

Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-31-2012, 6:53 AM Reply   
MN Inboard rocks..

Boat looks clean. A guy in our crew had the exact same boat (08 red 211) and he had a TON of ballast in it.. Wake was super mackin' and surf wave was money.. He upgraded to a 10 SANTE 210 but I think by the end when he had it dialed - everyone loved the wake..

He's a WW'er but don't think he frequents much. Was a great boat.. I skiied it once too - pretty legit ski wake.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-03-2012, 6:34 AM Reply   
Well we stopped and looked at the boat on the way to our lake cabin Thursday. Wife liked it and gave me the go ahead so I did the money dance with the dealer. My thought was to start at 20K and my boat, but after listening to the sales guy tell me how this boat was so great and one of a kind in this condition I thought I better go higher. I really felt like they thought they were doing me a favor selling that boat for 35K. He all but said they were giving it away at that price. So I offered 22K and my boat and I pay the tax. The guy just kind of chuckled and said thats not gonna happen. Then did the old dealer tactic of telling me how my trade was crap and worth less than I thought and how it was a good idea because I'd pay less sales tax. Heard it all before, not my first time to the dance. So I after talking to the wife I went to 26K with my boat out the door. They took it more serious and ran number but came back with 28K plus my boat. At that point their number hadn't moved and I had went as far as I wanted to go on that boat. Like I told the wife, sometimes the best negotiating tactic is to leave. So we did.

Money breaks down like this: their boat $34,900 Listed My boat is listed at $10,900
Offer was $33,500 and only $7500 for mine, then about $2000 in tax. So they were trying to trade retail on theirs against wholesale on mine. Keep in mind after labor day in Minnesota most people are done boating.

Just as a side the wife is not 100% onboard with this boat. She says it's just ok for her. She does not like the walk thru taking away the corner seating. I should say hates it. Says it chops up the seating. I don't disagree, but we rarely have more than 4 or 5 in the boat. She really fell in love with a VLX and thats all she wants now.

The last bit was they pulled the old "someone is coming to test it Friday, you could leave a deposit". I hate that as it's pushy salesmanship. Maybe it's the truth but usually not. We will see in the morning as I have to drop my boat off there as they are consigning it for me.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-03-2012, 7:07 AM Reply   
Sounds like it's not the right boat or the right deal. I'd walk man. If your wife already hates the seating - that will just get worse. Our buddy who sold his sold it primarily for that. It was cramped with more than 4 unless you had kids in the bow.

Sounds like the money is high and your wife isn't on board. I'd just walk away, sell your boat O2O and find the right boat for you guys. For $35k - you can get a nice VLX with all of the stuff you are looking for.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-03-2012, 11:19 AM Reply   
Thats pretty much my gut feeling too. Glad to hear someone else think thats the right choice. Cleaning the boat out today and will be dropped off over there tomorrow on consignment. They already have it listed on their website. We are pretty much done riding with school and sports starting and everything else. So i have the winter to replace it.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-03-2012, 11:39 AM Reply   
IT is too bad they never made the 211 hull with a better tower, full sunpad and full wrap around seating. That would probably be one of my favorite boats of all time.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-03-2012, 11:55 AM Reply   
I don't mind the tower and we have a lake cabin so the sunpad never gets used and I actually like the walk thru. But the killer to me is the seating. I just don't know why they did that. It really chops up the boat and makes it like a 4 adult boat. Could be a reason the boat is no longer made.