Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (mrboston187)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-17-2010, 4:37 PM Reply   
I took a fall today ripping my binding off the board, wrecking the threads on the inserts and bending my baseplate a little. I fixed the threads with a tap, andmy base plate is only slightly bent. Its for an '07 Ronix Frontier boot. its not bad enough to send in (in my opinion) , Im thinking I can just bend it back myself, anyone ever done this?
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-17-2010, 7:37 PM Reply   
damn bro, that must have been a pretty bad fall, i would just send it in, that way it should be covered under warranty and it wouldnt be tampered with, you never know what can void a warranty these days haha.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       06-18-2010, 10:42 AM Reply   
Everytime I have ever seen damage like that it was because the hardware wasn't tight. Just sayin..
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-18-2010, 2:49 PM Reply   
Dan is speaking the truth, gotta tighten those bolt before ever run.

When Obrien bindings used have Aluminum base plates I would do this all the time, just bend it back as best your can and you should be fine.
Old     (mrboston187)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-18-2010, 4:15 PM Reply   
it was definitley because the screws werent tight! we couldnt find the screwdriver, so i tightened them with the boat key, dont ever do that! I just put the plate in the vice and gave her hell, it is only slightly bent