Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-01-2009, 12:47 PM Reply   
The camper van thread got me interested in conversion vans. I have been trying to find a decent used one(under 25K)close to home for road trips to Table Rock Lake(just bought a house there, and will be traveling a LOT this spring/summer/fall).
So my question is, Does anyone pull with one? Chevy, Ford or GMC? The interiors all seem about the same. I am looking for one with an extended top.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       12-01-2009, 1:28 PM Reply   
Lots of them on eBay, even a couple with diesels in them...

VAN

Here is the invoice before conversion:

Invoice

It should pull a house...
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-01-2009, 1:38 PM Reply   
Well, there is one thing I didn't check. Blocked at work unfortunatley. I will check tonight. Seems like these are in pretty high demand. I found 2 in KC that sold before I could get up there!
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       12-01-2009, 1:45 PM Reply   
I know where two GM Vans are at that are 2006's and still at the dealership. They were listed at over $75K originally. I think they are at $35 now, both are brand new... well sort of...
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-01-2009, 1:53 PM Reply   
Trying to keep it under 25K.

actually if they have had them since 06, tell me where. They might take a low ball!

(Message edited by psudy on December 01, 2009)
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-01-2009, 5:15 PM Reply   
You will have no problems finding a quality used one for under $25 and should be able to find a fresh decently equipped one for under $15. The resale on those things drop faster than just about any other kind of vehicle and most people that have them just put highway miles on them. Several years ago, I bought a 2 year old E150 with about 30K for under $10, but it wasn't a high top. It pulls as well as an F150 and have driven it on 5000 mile long road trips with a small camper in tow without a problem. I have pulled the wakeboard boat over 600 miles in a day with it and it is a stable pull, and it will climb hills but it fades on the steeper ones.

From a practical standpoint they are more functional than 4 dr trucks. Way more comfortable for passengers and your gear is easy to keep stowed and locked. Not that this is a big negative, but my teen sons would probably rather walk to school than be seen driving it. Ahhh the vanity of youth.
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       12-02-2009, 5:20 AM Reply   
You should get one like this.Ive seen it pull car trailers all over the country.

Upload
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-02-2009, 7:25 AM Reply   
That might be a bit much. lol.

I can't seem to find any close to me for under 15, that are decent. My wife doesn't like her Tahoe, because it is a pain to get our twins in and out of. I figured this would be my last chance to avoid a minivan!

Is there much difference between the Fords and GMC/Chevys?
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-03-2009, 5:13 AM Reply   
The only problem with the Ford's is what's circled in blue on the front grill

j/p... I really like the one in the pic above, but lifted ones are pretty cool too......