Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-10-2009, 4:50 PM Reply   
What trailer tires have you had the best success with?

Need to get new tires this weekend.

Thanks in advance.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-10-2009, 5:32 PM Reply   
The Goodyear Marathons are great, although you will pay more for them.
I've also had no problems with the Maxxims that are on my trailer right now.
I've read that some people do not like the Carlisles, but I've had those also and had no problems with them.

Just make sure they are trailer (ST) rated, and meet (exceed) the load range for your boat, trailer, and gear.

I made the mistake of putting car tires on a single axle trailer many years ago, and the experience was not a good one.
Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-10-2009, 5:58 PM Reply   
what is the difference between car tires and trailer tires. I have 20inch rims on my trailer with riken tires that are zr rated.
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-10-2009, 6:08 PM Reply   
trailer tires are designed to handle the weight of a trailer and boat. They have load ratings.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-10-2009, 6:15 PM Reply   
^^All tires have load ratings.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-10-2009, 6:22 PM Reply   
You should get some Carlisle tires they rule. NOT!
Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-10-2009, 6:35 PM Reply   
All tires have a load rate, there has to be something else. Those Riken tires have a load rate of 1350lbs each. It is a 4 axle trailer. My boat is 3k dry. Not sure what the trailer is.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-10-2009, 7:11 PM Reply   
dude ive been using goodyear viva 2 tires(from walmart!) for my dual axle boatmate trailer for ever and had zero issues .I tow a lot and drive like i dont have a boat behind me and again no issues.
they are half the price and last just as long..

het but if you feel its better and safer pay twice as much for piece of mind.

I know many people with newer boat that had a bunch of issues with their trailer specific tires blowing out afgter only one season ,go figure! :-)must have been those recall issues
Old     (michridr69)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-10-2009, 7:14 PM Reply   
umm the same ones that came with the trailor
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-10-2009, 11:58 PM Reply   
Jason,

Livermore Costco has Tow Masters, that's what my boat is riding on these days. I couldn't find the Marathons locally.

Mike