Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-26-2008, 3:38 PM Reply   
I dont have a phone right now, but hopefully I will work something out tonight. Ill let you know
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-26-2008, 4:23 PM Reply   
Wednesday? HMMMM..... don't temp me.
Old     (lazypiper)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-27-2008, 5:37 AM Reply   
Wednesday, I'm in. Just let me know what time to be at the Trenton ramp. Looks like this is turning out to be a ditch day.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-27-2008, 6:12 AM Reply   
Hi all,
How was everyone weekend?
I got my boat launched, but was only able to land one session the entire weekend. That South Jersey wind was fierce everyday but late Sat, when it glassed over and made for a real nice sunset session.

19 Days till Wakefest!
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-27-2008, 12:24 PM Reply   
It was a good weekend, the conditions on Sunday were good and the boat traffic was light, just needing this water temp to rise up.

Had a chance to dial in the surf wake with the extra 400lbs. Oh yeah I also changed to a smaller fin setup on my Land Lock which gave it a little more speed.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-27-2008, 3:12 PM Reply   
Joe call me about tomorrow. I emailed you my cell. 609-280-5195. I wanna see what time your going out and how many people you have. If we wind up with a ton of people I could always put my boat in and split up the crowd if need be.

Dennis thanks for the pulls today. Mother nature must love wakeboarders because man did we have a great day.It was nice to meet Bill as well today.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-27-2008, 4:20 PM Reply   
First here is a funny picture of Dennis giving Bill some last minute advice as Bill says a few prayers. Then here are the links to some quick videos of todays fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMmmiLL_aQo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_dLJCrs7RU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzCn6FT5vLA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05m_s_xp698
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8pu_wf4m6M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylmf4UAlnu0

Upload
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-27-2008, 5:24 PM Reply   
Looks like you guys had a great day!
Working outside today was tough with the humidity, would have rather been on the water.
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-27-2008, 5:39 PM Reply   
wednesday huh?! hmmm, lol.

On a side note.. got some wakefest shwag! Ryan at 925never company sent me about a dozen shirts for giveaways!! Sweet lineup he has! If anyone wants to check out their stuff, its at www.925never.com
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-27-2008, 8:49 PM Reply   
Cool videos Jim. But did I hear Bon Jovi playing in the back gorund of a couple of thoe clips?? Ha-ha! I really
need to figure-out how to put stuff on youtube one of these days.

Chris N: I checked-out the 925never website months ago when you first told me about them. They have some
cool stuff, but this sticker is my favorite:
Upload

Chris S: Cool Wakefest mention on the Wakeboarding Magazine website. Your Wakefest press release
work was well done. Thank you very much.

Glad to hear you got out Jeff Z. Sorry to hear you got worked though.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-28-2008, 9:38 AM Reply   
LOL, those vids are great Jim. Keep them comin.

I too heard the Bon Jovi playin!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-28-2008, 11:51 AM Reply   
Anyone looking to ride tomorrow afternoon? It could be early afternoon or late afternoon til dusk.Text me or email me. 77 and sunny.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-28-2008, 6:03 PM Reply   
Man Jim is getting out a lot I like it. Good to see everyone out, hopefully this week's warmer weather will continue to bring the temp up in the water. The videos were good.

Zuk, that sounds like a day of me trying 3's! I am determined to get them consistent and to learn a backroll! I stayed away from any toeside jumps on my first pull of the year. After last yr.'s episode with dislocating my ribs I don't know how much toeside I'll be doing.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-28-2008, 6:43 PM Reply   
I got 2, now I just need a 3rd for tomorrow. Whos ready to ride?
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-28-2008, 7:30 PM Reply   
Woo Hooo...
I'm just learning to walk again... THERAPY has been good w/ my personal therapist in toe...

Yep ICY HOT is nice, I'm buying stock in that....
All muscles blown out in .5 hrs... I hate winter;}

how many weeks.... I mean dayz (whistle)...

Jim B. - I am!
AK-Like the sticker,(My life story)save me one.
17 days to boot...16 to RIDE w/ Dirty JERSEY! ahhhhh
Old     (wakespider)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-29-2008, 2:58 AM Reply   
That was lots of fun yesterday. Thanks again Joe. It was good to see you again Dennis.

I'm hoping to have that video of us riding along side that ship up soon. However, until then, here's a sneak peek.

UploadUpload
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-29-2008, 3:28 AM Reply   
Those pictures of Dennis riding with the ship in the background is great. It looks like I'm heading out around 1 today looking for butter.
Old     (lazypiper)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-29-2008, 2:12 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpACgFWUl7Q
I'll post more tomorrow.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       05-29-2008, 2:21 PM Reply   
Finally got my seats back and uncovered the boat. By next weekend we might see you guys again. We are heading to Wildwood this weekend for the Motocross race on the Beach.

Later
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-29-2008, 3:41 PM Reply   
Chris, cool pics! Whoever was driving the boat certainly has steady hands, nice line!

George, glad to hear you have your seats back. How did they turn out?

Zuka, keep your fingers crossed for good weather June 13th and 14th, we'll be ready to give some pulls both days.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-29-2008, 3:42 PM Reply   
I'll be out tomorrow (friday) after 4pm if anyone wants a pull.
Old     (wakespider)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-29-2008, 5:14 PM Reply   
That was Joe driving the boat Dave. Have fun tomorrow!
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-29-2008, 7:13 PM Reply   
dave, I will either be out there on my boat probably around 5 or 6, or I may swing down and hit you up for a pull.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-30-2008, 6:01 AM Reply   
Joe, just so you know I'll be launching from Florence today because of low tide.

Directions: I-295 to exit 57, take route 130 south approx 5 miles, turn right onto Delaware ave after Illusions GO-GO bar, follow Delaware ave until you see the river and ramp on the right.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-30-2008, 6:36 AM Reply   
D Dubz, rain or shine baby....I'll be there!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-30-2008, 8:14 AM Reply   
Just talked to Phil Sosa from Port Indian the other day and for anyone who's interested there are still a few spots available for the Gerri Nunn/ Keith Lyman clinic on friday June 6th.

You can contact Phil @ 267-738-7010
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-30-2008, 8:55 AM Reply   
sovens crow 7/ole 10 is the most absurd thing i have ever seen
Old     (twigg353)      Join Date: May 2008       05-30-2008, 10:54 AM Reply   
whats going on my fellow riders, i was hoping i could hook up with someone that has an extra spot on there boat, i am looking to ride in New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, or New York, or Pennsylvania, i am willing to pay, thanks
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-30-2008, 11:33 AM Reply   
Welcome Aaron! I have 2 answers for you:

www.thewakeacademy.com

www.njwakefest.com

^^15 days away! :-)
Old     (aarond)      Join Date: May 2008       05-30-2008, 12:43 PM Reply   
Thanks for pimpin' our clinic, Dave! We still have 1 or 2 spots available for next week's Pro Clinic in case anybody else is interested.

Real quick overview, we're on the Schuylkill river in Norristown PA (near Philly, next to King of Prussia, PA).

All day clinic, Thursday or Friday, your choice, $110 per day. Pro's are Gerry Nunn and Keith Lyman.

Our meetup site has more info:
http://wakeboarding.meetup.com/26/

Use paypal at our website to buy your ticket:
http://www.portindian.com/7.html

Feel free to email me at aarondeangelo@yahoo.com for any questions. Last minute, call Phil @ 267-738-7010.

Thanks again!
Old     (twigg353)      Join Date: May 2008       05-30-2008, 1:55 PM Reply   
Thanks Dave!!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-31-2008, 6:02 PM Reply   
Some of us are heading out Monday morning if anyone wants some pulls hit me up.
Old     (keenan)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-01-2008, 11:09 AM Reply   
Dave, I finally made the drive back up from SC with the boat. I tried to register it on Friday but they won't let me until I change my license over.(not sure why??) I had a few questions for everyone up here. Does anyone know of a good location for boat storage? Do the guys who live on the pa side trailer to Bordentown or put in somewhere else? I also wanted know where I can get a flag holder for an illusion tower? Any help would be great. Let me know if anyone wants to hook up for a pull. I will hopefully have the registration taken care of this week and be able to start riding.

Thanks
John
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-01-2008, 5:46 PM Reply   
John K,

There is a ramp on the PA side in Bensalem, Neshaminy state park just off State road (free to PA residents I think). Not sure about storage, but there is a marina near there also. Also another marina just off route 13 in Croydon, good for storage I'm not sure if there is a ramp there.

On the NJ side, storage depot (www.stgdepot.com) is where Ryan keeps his boat (about $100/month). Address is 800 route 206, Bordentown which is only 2 miles from the B-town ramp. Keep in mind PA residents pay at least $250 for an annual ramp pass in B-town.
There is also Curtin's in Burlington NJ. They have a fenced yard and their own ramp, not sure on the cost.
If it were me, I'd lean towards storage depot and use the B-town ramp.

Illusion tower??? Did you buy a Malibu? I thought you had an X-star?
I got my flag from www.wheelerwhip.com Not sure how it would adapt to an Illusion tower though.

Hope to see you out there next weekend!
Old     (keenan)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-01-2008, 9:00 PM Reply   
I traded the x star in for a new malibu wakesetter vtx.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-02-2008, 9:40 AM Reply   
^Nice, post some pics of the new ride so we know what boat to look for out on the river.

Make sure you have a boaters safety certificate to drive your boat on the river here. The state police do random checking.
Old     (keenan)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-02-2008, 4:14 PM Reply   
I just took it today and bought my regulation triangle flag???
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-02-2008, 6:27 PM Reply   
We had some great water today on the river. Ken,Johann and I each got 3 sets in before I had to pull the boat out and go to work.We saw Dennis,Joe,Bill and I think Kevin out there as well. I saw Dennis trying a backroll and figured why should he be the only one getting worked over by the water. So I put my helmet on and man did I get worked.But it was fun and a great way to start your day before having to work the 5:45pm til 6:15 am shift.It's only 9:30 and I'm so tired.

Speaking of the man,I got a safety stop and vessle check today by the man. He also was nice enough to let us know that from the power plant to Trenton marina is a no wake zone even though the markers are not in the water yet. He let us go with just a little helpfull reminder.

Anybody plan on riding Friday afternoon? It's gonna be a hot weekend. Summer is about to burst into high gear.
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-02-2008, 7:56 PM Reply   
Fri afternoon session ftw!
Old     (dennisvride)      Join Date: May 2008       06-03-2008, 6:16 AM Reply   
Jim I hope you guys enjoyed the attempts at the backroll and tantrum. I think It will be a while before I try it again. Today my left knee feels like I blew it apart and my left ankle is not much better. I am walking on it (barely) so I guess it isnt broke. Hopefully I will be able to ride by wakefest. Is 31 too old to start trying inverts? I guess if I try it again maybe some knee braces would not be a bad idea.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-03-2008, 8:54 AM Reply   
I feel your pain Dennis my neck is stiff and my right kidney is a bit sore. How come we didn't try to learn this wakeboard stuff at like 18.
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-03-2008, 3:56 PM Reply   
Yea, I feel fantastic....

Anyone who is looking to go out tomorrow morning/afternoon let me know. I need a driver, 3rd would be nice too but if not I will find one.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-03-2008, 4:46 PM Reply   
Dennis I know people in their 40's that do backrolls.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-03-2008, 6:10 PM Reply   
13 dayz and counting...
JIM/DENNIS My 30 yr ol' neck hurts too
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-03-2008, 6:13 PM Reply   
ohhhh ya.... happy b-day to me happy b-day to me...HILLARY IS OUT.... Happy B-Day to me!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-03-2008, 7:57 PM Reply   
It's kind of late and I have to make this quick, but I was just given some incredibley excellent news!

Coming to the 2008 New Jersey Wakefest will be super amazing pro rider Tino Santori! Wow!

Tino rides for Tigé boats (pretty cool, huh Jim?!) and the brand new board company Company Wake.
Here are some links:
http://www.tige.com/2007/teamtige/index.html
http://www.companywake.com/

Tino's an amazing rider and we're super lucky to get him. New Jersey Wakefest 2008! Eeeee haaaa!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-03-2008, 10:30 PM Reply   
SWEET!

Hey Zuko is it really your B_Day?
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-04-2008, 8:08 AM Reply   
A yes!

I will second the news that Tino Santori will be coming to Jersey for Wakefest! He is excited to come up here to see the Jersey scene and is looking forward to see how we throw down Jersey style!

Is it time for a roll call? Who's coming? And who is bringing other people? Is this thing gonna be huge?!?!?!

I AM SOOO STOKED! THIS YEAR IS GOING TO BE THE BEST YET!
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-04-2008, 8:34 AM Reply   
Here I was planning on leaving my boat at the lake and jumping in with someone else for some pulls but with Tino showing up we might need another Tige on sight
Old     (yamaha917)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-04-2008, 9:15 AM Reply   
I am still on the edge. Bonnaroo or Jersey wakefest. A tough call.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-04-2008, 9:29 AM Reply   
I'm in and at some point during the day will have 6 people coming down plus in the past few weeks I have talked to about 8 people at the ramp and in the water and they may be first time attendees.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-04-2008, 11:34 AM Reply   
Tino Santori....SWEET!

It's really shaping up people, The NJWakefest 2008 is gonna be off the hook.

Hey Zuka, I'm sorry to hear your little necky wecky hertzs, But Hillary is OUT! How good does that feel?!?!? Freaking Cankle Robot! Actually I shouldn't make fun, I can't ride as well as you. But I am an injured sole as well. On Sunday I came down from form a TS W2W and cased the top of the wake. As I hit the water my right arm slapped the TS edge of my board right at my wrist joint. I've been icing and wrapping my wrist all week. still pretty swollen and it's jsut now starting to turn yellow from the brusing.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-04-2008, 12:08 PM Reply   
KG, I was just bustin' them old guys... Did ya see my circle guy yawning ""
HA ha ha...

10 to go Ladies and Gents!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-04-2008, 12:53 PM Reply   
You can tell it's wakeboard season again because the bumps and bruises are adding up quick.
Old     (kimbelly)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-04-2008, 5:57 PM Reply   
Hey guys!! I've been on the wakeboardnj.com site and talked to Jim B and Dave W a little about going out. I tried it a couple years ago but didn't do too well so I'm going out this Sunday with Mike at the Academy!! I'm very excited. I'll definitely be at Wakefest. Can't wait to meet everyone and hopefully go out at some point.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-04-2008, 6:54 PM Reply   
Looks like Ken,Chris and I are going out Friday afternoon until dusk before the Saturday,Sunday mad rush to the water.
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-04-2008, 8:12 PM Reply   
Jim, get back to work!... slacker.

Fridays lookin good, cant wait!

Kim, have fun at the wake academy and let us know how you like it! Although I'm sure I already know the answer
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-04-2008, 8:45 PM Reply   
I've heard it said, and I'm paraphrasing here, that a man should be judged not by his words, but by his
actions. Well friends, Ryan up at San Bar Marina is indeed a man of action, and he's building a 50' modular
floating slider for a Wakefest winch-pulled rail jam demo. I'm not exactly sure what's going on in this
picture, other than Ryan telling me that he had a welder scheduled to come today to do some welding work
on the slider. Friends...this is going to be very, very cool.
Upload

Alright! It's Kimbelly checkin' in! It's good to see you here Kim. Be sure to introduce yourself at Wakefest!

Looking forward to this weekend's mad rush to the water, Alex.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-04-2008, 9:32 PM Reply   
Chris, I am working so go to bed.

Ryan, you are the man.

(Message edited by jim_b on June 04, 2008)
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-05-2008, 12:40 AM Reply   
Kim, good to see you checking in here. Hope you have a blast this sunday riding. Are you going with JB at The Wake Academy, or Mike at Lines End Wakeboard? Either way, take advantage of the hot weather. See you at Wakefest!
Old     (lazypiper)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-05-2008, 5:15 AM Reply   
I'm going to be at wakefest. Now get this two boats and something like 16 riders. We came down last year with a meetup group on the internet. http://wakeboarding.meetup.com/19/calendar/7517429/ This year we have a few more then last year. I'm trying to get a third boat down to to spread everyone out. One guy with a boat in NJ bailed due to throwing his back out a few weeks ago.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-05-2008, 7:14 AM Reply   
A lot going on here, this is very cool.

JZ and the countdown, Kimbelly checking in, nice to see you here. Alex has had great news about Tino Santori and now a HUGE slider from SanBar Marine. Dave W reminding everyone to take advantage of the great weather (it's supposed to be in the 80's-90's this weekend). Kevin M has a big crew coming down to wakefest.

This is getting really exciting boys N girls.

KG
Old     (wakespider)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-05-2008, 7:20 AM Reply   
Welcome Kim! Good luck with Jeff. Lessons help so much, I think you'll be really happy with the results and how quickly you progress.

See you at Wakefest.
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-05-2008, 8:32 AM Reply   
hey alex are there any plans for that box you are building after wakefest? I wouldnt mind seeing it as a new addition to the delaware river
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-05-2008, 8:42 AM Reply   
I 2nd Joe's idea! Keep that thing down there!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-05-2008, 9:58 AM Reply   
Good luck with keeping a slider down there. If the police don't get it then the that blonde crack head and her old man will find it and sell it at that scrap yard for more crack cash.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-05-2008, 10:22 AM Reply   
HAHA, Yea they will use it to re-panel that brown van and turn it into a woody!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-05-2008, 11:31 AM Reply   
Joe F: While Ryan San Bar is building the slider to bring to Wakefest, it's actually something he's wanted to
do for a long time. Ryan and his family own two marinas right on Lake Hopatcong, they're a Mailbu dealer and
a Grinch Winch dealer. So after Wakefest is over, I'm sure Ryan and his crew have a lot of plans for the new
slider on Lake Hopatcong. But you can talk to him. He's a good guy. Maybe he'll invite you up to session it.
And Ryan's a real good rider too. I think he's won some collegiate events down in Florida, and I think he
took top honors at last summer's SOS event.

Ok...how about I add a twist to JB's Wakefest head count? In addition to being in or out, if you're in,
what time are you planning to get there?
Old     (wakespider)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-05-2008, 11:41 AM Reply   
Kevin and I are hoping to get there way before it starts to get some unspoiled glass. How early is that? Anyone have a flashlight?
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-05-2008, 12:09 PM Reply   
AK what time are you planning on getting there?
Sara and I will arrive Friday 9am ish...
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-05-2008, 12:19 PM Reply   
The area doesen't "officially" open until 6:00am, but I'll probably be getting there around 5:30am. The girl who
sells ramp passes doesn't show-up 'til around 9:00am, so if you don't have a valid one year ramp pass and
you plan on getting there real early, I strongly suggest you stop at the cop shop up on Farnsworth and get your ramp
pass there. I've towed there many times for some 6:00am butter. It's great.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-05-2008, 12:43 PM Reply   
Not to divert off the wakefest course...but this is too funny. http://youtube.com/watch?v=eREJ0RqC2ZA
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-05-2008, 12:56 PM Reply   
Alex I plan on being there to help you setup at 6-ish. Then I'm gonna drop in for a quick set. Then I'm gonna pull out and enjoy the land party. After the Blackout movie I plan on checking into my hotel room at the Ramada for a few post wakefest drinks. Then Sunday morning after check out at the Ramada I'm gonna put my boat back in for some am glass.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-05-2008, 3:56 PM Reply   
I'll be there early saturday to help set-up or do whatever's needed.

Zuka, I'll be at the river friday morning to pull you and anyone else that wants a pull. I'll shoot for around 10:00 am.
Anyone want to hit Curtin's Wharf in Burlington for some dinner/drinks friday night? They have a great deck right on the river, usually with a band later in the night.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-05-2008, 5:13 PM Reply   
David, sounds fantastic! How far is Burlington from Bordentown... 10 miles?

(Message edited by Zuka666 on June 05, 2008)
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-05-2008, 5:24 PM Reply   
Dave, a pull on Friday sounds good to me.If I don't have to go to work for some reason.

Zuko, see you soon brother.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-05-2008, 5:31 PM Reply   
Jim, your in (goes without sayin')

Zuka, yep about 10 miles south of B-town.
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-05-2008, 5:39 PM Reply   
I should be there around morning time, lol. Who knows... probably 9.
Old     (kimbelly)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-05-2008, 5:42 PM Reply   
Thanks for sayin hi everyone. Ok so I guess I mixed it up a bit. In response to Dave's question apparently I'm going out with Mike from Lines End, not Jeff at Wake Academy. Is there a difference? Ok well obviously there is a difference but is there a difference I should care about?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-05-2008, 6:33 PM Reply   
Kim, any formal coaching is always a good thing. Who knows, you may pick-up some great pointers from both of those guys! :-)
I'm obviously a little bias toward Jeff since I know him alot better than Mike. Jeff just has so much energy and passion for the sport, it's definitely contagious!

Have fun, get alot out of the experience and post some comments afterward.