Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (noquams)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-06-2010, 7:44 PM Reply   
I have searched prior posts and have kept an eye on other post and have yet to see who offers the highest quality interior carpet. I have a Sanger and its time to replace the carpet. I ordered a sample of 20oz carpet and found it to be the same if not worse that what I already have. Ive read that some order from dealerships. Your imput would be appreciated!
Old     (bawshogg)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-06-2010, 7:51 PM Reply   
Corinthian Marine has some pretty good stuff. Check it outhttp://www.corinthianmarine.com/
Old     (goboating)      Join Date: May 2008       04-07-2010, 4:33 AM Reply   
R&R Textiles in Georgia has a 40 ounce maine grade carpet. It is the BEST you can get. Most are going to be 18-24 oz. Veada industries sells to alot of manufacturers but I think theirs is still 20 oz. I think they are in Chatsworth, GA. If you have any problem finding them, let me know and I will send you the number.

Thanks and good luck!
Old     (bawshogg)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-07-2010, 6:48 AM Reply   
R&R has a Branch here in Portland also. They won't sell to the public so they refer you to Corinthian, which I guess is they're retail affiliate.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-07-2010, 7:29 AM Reply   
MB uses really nice 40 oz carpet. You might give them a call and ask where they get it from.
Old     (h2ohangtime)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-07-2010, 7:54 AM Reply   
I know you don't have a Nautique, but NautiqueParts.com (aka White Lake Marine) has some 40-oz carpet for $20.45 a yard:

http://nautiqueparts.com/carpetgunmetalgreyperyard.aspx
Old     (rlsv211)      Join Date: Oct 2009       04-08-2010, 9:55 AM Reply   
Corinthian has great carpet. They were great to work with. I changed my snap in carpet to the muti color and it is a great carpet. Just a little light than the 40 oz that the solid color is but a lot heavier than the carpet many boat company offer. When I bought my 98 Malibu the upgrade was 22 oz. Just not enough. You need at least 36 oz. Much more than 40 oz. and you are wasting your money. The Corinthian was better than the carpet that came standard with my Correct Craft. It was 40 oz. but the back was a black rubber that help huge amounts of water. The back took forever to dry. The Corinthian has a Urethane back that does not absorb water. This is great because the face fiber doesn't absorb water either and so it dries fast.
Old     (noquams)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-08-2010, 7:14 PM Reply   
Thank you everyone for your feedback. I have ordered a sample from Corinthia and look forward to seeing in person. Pictures of Carpet never accuratly show how good or bad it is. For those who have replaced there carpet how much did you order? I figured 15 feet should be enough.