Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-13-2009, 6:14 AM Reply   
Has anyone had a stress fracture in their foot. I went snowboarding last weekend and now I have a pain on the outside of my foot whenever I walk. There is no swelling or anything to imply inflammation or a full break. Has anyone experienced this.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-13-2009, 6:20 AM Reply   
I had stress fracture in my heel a few summers back, it hurt insanely bad, worse than when I broke my ankle. It was specific to my heel not my outter foot or anything. I ended up in a cast for two weeks, then a few weeks in a boot and I was back in business. No real swelling but my heel/ankle was black and blue
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-13-2009, 6:22 AM Reply   
I forgot to add that, I waited like 3 days before I went to see my Doc, by that point I couldnt stand the pain anymore and it wasnt getting any better. I would get an xray if your experiencing sever pain.
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-13-2009, 7:16 AM Reply   
Exactly what I was thinking Andy. I thought I could tough it out and wait it out. It is day three and I can barely stand up. I have to walk on the ball of my foot just to get around. Thanks. My first time on the hill this season could be my last.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-13-2009, 8:23 AM Reply   
Gump-

They dont take to long to heal up which is nice. But Man they are painful, it was worse than when I busted my ankle. The worst Part is everyone thinks your making it up cause its not all swollen! Good Luck, let me know how it turns out.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-13-2009, 12:53 PM Reply   
I had a stress fracture in my heel and in my back. The back hurts when I am wakeboarding, but the heel makes it impossible run, definitely more painful.