Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (bigtimeonthelake)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-09-2009, 2:45 PM Reply   
Picking up my SV230 in a few days, and was wondering how everyone weighted them for surfing.
Stock it has the midship and rear ballast.
Do you rip all 4 tanks out and put enzo sacs in? I see a lot of people talk about midship ballast and the enzo sac together, but I didn't think it would fit...
Bow ballast?
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-09-2009, 4:23 PM Reply   
I installed the Enzo sac in mine and now that is all I use. That and the stock tank on the starboard side.

Sometimes if there are only 2 of us in the boat I fill an additional sac and put it on the port side seats.

I also have a switchblade.

I have a friend that runs the same set up as me without the blade. His wake is just as long and big, but mine seems to get taller sooner giving it more face.

(Message edited by enzostyle on April 09, 2009)
Old     (jaxfoiler)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-10-2009, 5:16 AM Reply   
I agree with the last post 100%. I dont have the switchblade, I tried it on a demo boat I had for a few weeks before I ordered my boat and I did not the the switchblade was worth the $3,000. The enzo sac will not fit with the factory ballast. This the day I got the enzo sac in and it was only 50%-60% full Upload
Old     (oldwakedude)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-10-2009, 11:47 PM Reply   
I have a 2008 Enzo 230 that came from the factory with the the four tank ballast system. I replaced the 2 stock tanks on the port (left side)with an enzo sack and it is the best. If you are going to plan on surfing on the goofy side (starboard) Then get an enzo sack for that side too. It is an easy change out and you'll end up with a bunch of spare parts. You'll be taking each side from a measly 500 lbs of ballast to almost 1500 lbs. Oh yeah, if you are going to surf on the goofy side you also require a powered wakeplate (hydraulic or electric) the manual plate does not have enough deflection and you cannot get a good goofy wake with it. There are volumes of data on weighting an Enzo on this site and others such as the Centurion Crew site. Good Luck
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-11-2009, 6:13 AM Reply   
Hey Jason when you say you fill the stock starboard tank too are you talking about the stock mid ship starboard tank or the stock starboard rear tank?
Thanks for the input.
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-11-2009, 8:36 AM Reply   
hey packrat what size engine do you have in your boat.
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-11-2009, 12:36 PM Reply   
I have the Black Scorpion 330hp.
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-19-2009, 11:11 AM Reply   
mine is an 06 so it does not have the rear tank, only mid.
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-19-2009, 1:02 PM Reply   
Hey Jason how close to the rubrail does yours get on the Port side when the Enzo sack is filled and what setting do you use on your switchblade when surfing?
Thanks
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-19-2009, 11:30 PM Reply   
I run the blade all the way up when we surf. The water line is just below the rubrail about 2-3 inches. It gets to the rail if we are loaded with people too.

The only problem I have is with water coming through the rear vents above the steps when we stop. I don't do it of course, but a few of my drivers are not as skilled. The problem is that if enough water gets in the bilge, the serpentine belt slings it onto the servo motor for the perfect pass. On my third motor so far. I am trying to find a good way to make them more water resistant. It seems to be getting in the end where the wires go into it.

I try to run the bilge pump when we take off to make sure there is no water.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-20-2009, 4:41 PM Reply   
Jason, I had the same problem. I think you need to keep water out of the vents somehow. I've considered building a raised air intake but that might interfere with opening the V-drive lockers.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-20-2009, 5:22 PM Reply   
I wonder if you could do some sort of closed vent system for whatever side you are surfing.
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-20-2009, 9:32 PM Reply   
Does the SV240 not have this problem because it's higher in the back or does it have the water problem too?
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-21-2009, 3:44 PM Reply   
It's only a problem if you chop the throttle and let the wake hit the back of the boat.

For some reason my auto bilge was not "auto" any more. I also discovered a leaky through hull fitting. The overflow I had the enzo sac plumbed to was not sealing.

Now that these are corrected, I am hoping that with some drivers ed I can avoid this ploblem and have cruise all season. If you know what to watch out for it is easy to avoid water coming into the back by blipping the throttle to stay ahead of the swell while turning around.

Because of the raw water pump being in that lower port side corner, it doesn't take much water in the bilge to get it wet. If it happens again I am going to take the spacers out of the port side vent and just close it off. The previous models did not have these vents anyways.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-21-2009, 5:51 PM Reply   
No, it's also a problem is you put two 750s in the back locker.

I do have to train my drivers. They have to keep the low corner on the inside of the turn.

My boat dealer has some kind of passive through the back drain plug bailer. I might have to get one.
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-22-2009, 6:15 PM Reply   
So you have 1500 in your back locker?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-22-2009, 6:26 PM Reply   
I only did that a few times. The last time was when I killed my PP servo. I played around with setups for a while. My estimate is that the Enzo sack is probably just about perfect.

My regular surf set up is one 750 in the locker, fill the port midship tank and put another 750 in front of the midship tank under the bench seat.
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-22-2009, 8:27 PM Reply   
Are you saving up for one at least? I love not filling sacs and spilling water and messing with pumps. I have gotten spoiled rotten by it already. Wife is happier too. She hated all that stuff.

The only time the pump comes out now is when we are in a hurry and want the enzo sac to fill or empty faster.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-22-2009, 8:41 PM Reply   
An Enzo sack would be nice, but it’s not in the plan right now. What I have is paid for and works.

You know this set up is a lot less work than my Lightning. I had to wrestle all kinds of ballast to get a wave that I liked. Other Enzo ballast configurations that I tried were also more work. Two 750’s and one built in mid-ship tank is a lot less work than I used to do and the wake is fantastic.