Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-23-2008, 12:14 PM Reply   
Because of the way older Malibus are made and a three outlet heater I can't fit my new sub in the drivers footwell without serious work. So where else is good? I have a box that fits next to the drivers seat and fires out, but don't really like it. What about in the passenger storage? Should it fire out, down or sideways in at the hull? Alpine Type R 12" if it makes a difference............
Old     (echo_parker)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-23-2008, 2:43 PM Reply   
Upload

this is my old Boat. I have the same thing going in my new boat right now. It's a Kicker 15" and I have the heater as well. The heater is mounted in the corner of the box. It is hard to see but it is there.
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-25-2008, 8:46 AM Reply   
Thanks, but that won't work. The older VLX's have a fixed kickplate built in to the hull that is in the way.
Old     (weswheels)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-26-2008, 10:29 AM Reply   
Do the serious custom work. Put in the time and some really good measurements then you'll have your custom setup. My whole boat is custom set for the speakers and the sub. Did all of the work ourselves. A little thing called pride.
Old     (vec)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-27-2008, 12:06 AM Reply   
I have a 06 VLX and it has the 3 outlet heater too. I moved the kickplate about 1 Inch forward and could quite easily fit a box with a 10" facing inwards instead. Totally hidden and it plays REALLY good too.

At first I tried having it next to the batteries, but that just doesnt work unless you cut a big hole to let that bass out.
Old     (collin)      Join Date: May 2002       05-27-2008, 7:42 AM Reply   
I have the same boat. I have also wanted to try and put a sub at the drivers feet its not just a simple square box. There are multiple angles and cables in the way along with the molded footwell. If you come up with something good Tracktor I would love to see itUpload
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-27-2008, 7:44 AM Reply   
I'd mount a box to that back wall and use the molded footwell as a support for the front of the box. Just an idea.
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-27-2008, 10:03 AM Reply   
Nubu, that's what I had until I put a three outlet heater in-
Wes, what an odd, absolutely unhelpful answer-
Collin, I've decided it's just no worth the work. The kickplate would have to come out. I am building a box to go along the gunwhale behind the driver where the table was. I'll post it when done.........
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       05-27-2008, 10:06 AM Reply   
Is the walkway in the bow big/deep enough to put one in there?
DIY bow filler sub box
Upload
Upload
Upload

(Message edited by Phat in cincy on May 27, 2008)