Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (406LQE)      Join Date: Oct 2016       11-01-2016, 4:42 AM Reply   
I'm brand new to wakeboarding, currently using a hand me down board and bindings that were fit specifically for a friend; I just happen to be able to squeeze into them but we can't adjust them "on the fly". My boyfriend wants to try also but the bindings definitely don't fit him.

My first question, which I think I know the answer to, is it possible to buy adjustable bindings that would fit a women's size 8.5 and a men's size 11? Assuming no and we should get a new board + bindings, what are some packages that are reasonably priced for a group of beginners who don't take it too seriously?
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-01-2016, 10:13 AM Reply   
With that much variability in foot size, while possible to get a binding that fits both of you, it may not be ideal. There are boots i.e.) CWB Optima, Venza, and Empire that fit a fair range of foot sizes. Adjustable boots are not as specialized or fitted but will allow you the ability to be casual riders.

As for a board, the biggest factor to consider is the weight and skill of the riders.
An approximate range (in cm) is as follows:
131 - up to 120 lbs
136 - up to 160 lbs
138 - up to 180 lbs
141 - up to 220 lbs

If you're sharing a board I would provide the following examples:
120 and 160 lbs - 136 cm
140 and 180 lbs - 138 cm
120 and 180 lbs - 138 cm

It's also not uncommon to ride bigger boards. A smaller board may not release as quick off the wake while a larger board can be harder to control on water and in the air.

Ie) CWB boards I would recommend and specs on the REVERB suggest that 136cm is up to 140 lbs while the 141cm is 130 lbs and up while the PURE suggests that 134cm is 145 lbs and up and the 141cm is 165 lbs and up.

Depending on what skill level you aspire to will have a greater affect on your board and boot selection. Any beginner to intermediate board should work for both of you. Don't be scared to look at any of the main wakeboard players (CWB, Liquid Force, Ronix, Hyperlite/Byerly, O'Brien) and find something you like.

Hope that helps! Feel free to hit me up with any questions.
Old     (Connolly_Crew)      Join Date: Mar 2016       11-01-2016, 1:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 406LQE View Post
I'm brand new to wakeboarding, currently using a hand me down board and bindings that were fit specifically for a friend; I just happen to be able to squeeze into them but we can't adjust them "on the fly". My boyfriend wants to try also but the bindings definitely don't fit him.

My first question, which I think I know the answer to, is it possible to buy adjustable bindings that would fit a women's size 8.5 and a men's size 11? Assuming no and we should get a new board + bindings, what are some packages that are reasonably priced for a group of beginners who don't take it too seriously?

I would read the above response and take that sizing info to evo.com and shop their clearance section. They run some good prices on combos.