Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-27-2008, 2:18 PM Reply   
I don't know if anyone remembers that I was going to release a new wake video last year. We shot a bunch over the last couple of years on and off but never got anything put together. I ended up going back to school to further my education and things kind of got put on hold. Since then I still haven't had much time to work on the video and we have upgraded to HD as well. I was feeling a little bad about letting all the footage go to waste so I decided to throw together some really rough edits of all the riders from the video and put them online for you all to see. We are still planning a video release but will be reshooting all in HD and maybe a new title. We'll see when I get done with school in the spring. So what I am going to do is upload a section for each of the riders to vimeo.com and provide you with the links. We have two riders done now and will add riders as I have time. Remeber, these are really rough edits, no color correction, effects and some of the clips would not have made the final cut of the video. I just wanted you to see some of the amazing riding that went down while working on this. You can see the original teaser here at http://www.alliancewake.com/video_details.php?id=3305&page=11

Enjoy...
Brian Reeder

Steve Edwards

More to come.........
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-27-2008, 2:22 PM Reply   
you should send footie for me to cut up!

i'm off to a shoot, but i'll check 'em out when i get home tonight.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-27-2008, 2:33 PM Reply   
nice...i like the mix of riding...rails and wake
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-27-2008, 3:51 PM Reply   
Dude, looked sick. Sound on my computer just bugged out because of a new driver install, and I have something running so I can't restart, so I'll watch the reeder and edwards videos later, but the pendulum trailer was awesome.

Reeder, representing SML in Florida, hell yeah.
Old     (proimages)      Join Date: Nov 2007       10-27-2008, 4:30 PM Reply   
That footage looked really good!
Love to see you put some finished shorts up on my site WakeSurfSkate.com

I can embed the vimeo stuff but be great to get some high quality footage up!! I would be willing to give you a dedicated page for your projects!
Cheers
Darrin
Old     (coyotesexual)      Join Date: Dec 2007       10-27-2008, 4:42 PM Reply   
Those videos are really sick. I like the titling a lot. What program do you use to do those, and how did you come up with the ideas to make the titles like they were?
Old     (timmylikewake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-27-2008, 5:32 PM Reply   
dude steve edwards is siiccckkkkk

did i see an indy crow mobe?
Old     (pc332)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-27-2008, 7:25 PM Reply   
You've got some great footage, that was some really good riding! Steve Edwards is so smooth!
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-27-2008, 7:28 PM Reply   
Titles were done in After Effects. I don't really know how I came up the idea. I will usually draw or just start working in Illustrator or Photoshop and things just start to come together. Those titles were just thrown together in about 20 minutes between Illustrator and After Effects.
Thanks everybody, Just glad that I could do something rather than nothing with the footage.
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-27-2008, 8:17 PM Reply   
very well done for both

brian reeder has some nice style

i love steve edward's part!!! he was so close to a w2w 10 and the wake didnt look rediculously big at all. pure technique.
Old     (czap)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-27-2008, 9:51 PM Reply   
that indy crow mobe was SIIIIICCCCKK!!!

loooks really good man cant wait to see the new one!
Old     (merge360)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-28-2008, 4:27 PM Reply   
Brinks...

What music did you use in Brian Reeder's section? Very cool... Like to get my hands on a copy of that.....
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-28-2008, 7:09 PM Reply   
we had all the music for the video made for us. Kyle Jones created all the music.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-28-2008, 8:25 PM Reply   
Again, that was awesome. Reeders section looks great even if it's just a rough cut.

This has inspired me to crank out a new teaser for my video, and to actually come up with some decent titling...
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-31-2008, 9:18 AM Reply   
Jimmy Wolf section added
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-31-2008, 9:19 AM Reply   
As promised, Here is another addition to the pendulum project. Like before it is a really rough edit with no corrections made to the video.
Jimmy Wolf

And if you happened to miss the first installment with Brian Reeder and Steve Edwards, Here is the link to the earlier post.
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/639991.html?1225250732

Hope you enjoy...
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-31-2008, 9:31 AM Reply   
jimmy does 9's!

very nice brett. good riding jimmy.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-31-2008, 10:18 AM Reply   
Not to be negative, but how old is that footage of Jimmy riding a Hyperlite? 2-3 years? Jimmy does some crazy stuff on those rails, was that a foot plant?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-31-2008, 10:24 AM Reply   
old old. Jimmy has been on CWB for longer than 2-3 years....purdy sure.

Sick riding though. That pool slider was ill.
Old     (mxflyer281)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-31-2008, 10:39 AM Reply   
Nice vid yah pool slider looks a lil sketchy haha wonder how many times someone ate it outside the pool?
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-31-2008, 9:14 PM Reply   
I would say that Hyperlite footy was 3 to 4 years old. It was also behind his old Calibria on Firebird lake. He got rid of that boat at least 3 years ago.
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-01-2008, 4:37 PM Reply   
That footage is old but some of the better stuff we have of him. Jimmy has been sending us footage that he has been stock piling for a few years now. Jimmy was the only one that got to hit that pool gap at the time but we have some more plans for it coming up very soon. (Thanks Addison Reed)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-03-2008, 12:19 AM Reply   
nice work brett!

not criticizing, but do the vids look like they need to be deinterlaced?
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-03-2008, 6:19 AM Reply   
Joe,
Yeah, Probably. Like I said I didn't do anything inside of FCP other than fade in and out and drop the clips in the TL. I did check the Deinterlace check box when I exported but I don't think that is the best option Considering all that footage is from 5 or 6 different cameras.