Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-02-2007, 5:54 PM Reply   
I currently have an 07 Marius and have ridden the 08. I do like the new board but what would be something similar from Obrien or Hyperlite? Unfortunately I won't be able to demo the other boards but just looking for something soft landing that is somewhat loose. I ride my 07 finless but would like something a tad faster.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-02-2007, 6:33 PM Reply   
have you considered the lf shane?
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-03-2007, 6:21 AM Reply   
Yes I have/would also considered the shane or watson, just trying to get some opinions.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-03-2007, 7:50 AM Reply   
The closest board I have found to land as soft as the Marius is the Shane. If you like it finless there are a couple of cupped fins you can remove and it will be nice and buttery.
Old     (owenitall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-03-2007, 7:53 AM Reply   
check the o'brien vice for similarities. it share's the width in common with the marius. it has a progressive or progressive 3stage(?) rocker ('07 or '08) at about 3" on the bigger one. i loved the way it handled, super stable (width) although it did not have the pop of an agressive 3 stage (shane). i still believe 3 stage is best for pop and width does not supersede that. combining the two might be great, like the ibex is supposed to do.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-03-2007, 10:41 AM Reply   
If you are looking at the Shane and Watson I would suggest checking out the Natural.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       11-03-2007, 1:57 PM Reply   
LF Fish
Old     (sculmosis5)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-03-2007, 2:02 PM Reply   
Look into the Witness. I rode the 06 Marius (same as 07) and I am now on the 08 Witness. It takes a little getting used to, but it still is fairly loose, but grips a little better coming at the wake. I does give you more speed and pops really nice. It is Ben Greenwood's pro model, so check out some of his riding to get an idea of the board style.

I am have a blast on it.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-04-2007, 3:48 PM Reply   
J Jakober I am guessing you might have taken a ride on the vice. How would you compare the landings of the Natural vs. Vice?
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-04-2007, 4:39 PM Reply   
Ewing,

Yes I have ridden the Vice, it has a pretty large center spine, so landings a very soft. I liked the Vice, it was just a little slow for me, but for 08 they have added the Delta Bottom to it and has has really helped speed it up. I would say that they land pretty much the same, and the Natural is faster then the Vice.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-04-2007, 6:10 PM Reply   
Any difference between 07 Natty vs 08, besides graphics?
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-04-2007, 7:57 PM Reply   
Just the graphics.