Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 20, 2006

Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-23-2006, 7:57 AM Reply   
I got to test ride the new 210 air nautique this weekend. I don't know how many other people have ridden the boat, but the wake is completely changed. It no longer has the distinguished shape that a lot of us are used to. It completely lost the lip and hardness that made the boat what it is. Honestly, I think they should change the name as not to confuse people. Maybe call it the 209.9. I have video from this weekend that I will be posting up.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-23-2006, 8:12 AM Reply   
Were you guys running a bunch of weight? Did you try moving it around?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-23-2006, 8:17 AM Reply   
8 grown men (one of which was about 250lbs) plus stock ballast. The 250lb guy sat in the bow with another guy. Everyone else were ballanced around the main interior of the boat.
Old     (54t)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-23-2006, 9:43 AM Reply   
Can't wait to see that video. Is there anything you like about the new 210?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-23-2006, 10:29 AM Reply   
Well the 210, VLX, and x-1 are my favorite boats. I just really like steep wakes. So the new 210 doesn't fit my tastes. I guess the interior was a lot more roomy than the old 210. The new interior is also really cool. I like being able to switch the seat around so you can face the rider. I also got footage of shawn watson and gabe lucas behind the new 236, I will get that edited in the next few weeks also.
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-23-2006, 11:40 AM Reply   
weeks??!! we want it now!
Old     (mdan)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-23-2006, 11:45 AM Reply   
I actually rode behind the 07 210 yesterday. Beautiful boat, but the wake was not up to par for my taste. You are right about how the wake has changed, hydro gate up or down, stock ballast full, the wake doesnt compare to the older team edition 210, it is more like a team 211 wake. I have a friend who owns a team 211 so yes, I know about these wakes also. Overall, for the first time buyer, the boat will sell out for its spacious layout, looks etc. etc. but for the hardcore wakeboarder that has ridden behind the older 210's, this wake isnt cutting it. I guess if you put two team edition 210's side by side, 06 vs 07 fully loaded stock ballast, the 06 wake is much firmer and has a better vert lip.

IMHO,
Mike

IE: I would sack the new 07 210 up with another 1000 pds, but didnt get the chance too. Also, there is no space to put a bag in the skilocker, it has the ballast tank sitting in it, so you would have to put one on the floor?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-23-2006, 12:40 PM Reply   
I have ridden the 211 a few times. I like that wake more than the new 210. The 211 stock wake is nicer than the new 210 with 8 people and ballast.

Sorry Jonny, but the footage is on a mini-dv and I dont have a mini-dv camera here in louisiana.

(Message edited by malibuboarder75 on November 23, 2006)

(Message edited by malibuboarder75 on November 23, 2006)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-23-2006, 10:27 PM Reply   
Let's hear a review from someone that has added some extra weight.

Even if all 8 people weighed 200 pounds...that's ony 1600 over stock....which ain't SHIAT!
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-24-2006, 5:40 AM Reply   
Seriously, how much extra weight should you need? I would hope that stock ballast plus eight people would be plenty. Just my .02
Old     (mdan)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-24-2006, 6:25 AM Reply   
Jarrod,
they wouldnt let me sack out the boat. I run 2200 pds in my san, so I am use to the bigger wake. The new 210 doesn't compare to the old 210 in stock ballast form.

Mike
Old    K.B.C.            11-24-2006, 10:17 AM Reply   
bummer, what a waste. boooooooo CC
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-30-2006, 3:49 PM Reply   
I ride with a lot of different people on 210's who weight them differently. I personally put at least 2200 lbs in mine plus people. I also ride it with just balast and people.

I rode the new 210 about a week ago with ballast and people. It gave me all the perspective I need to know that isn't the boat for me. The wake just isn't good. It is pretty similar to a malibu wake, real rampy. I no longer want the newest nautique. For me it is 1995-2006. R.I.P. 210
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-30-2006, 4:29 PM Reply   
If you need to put 3k in a 21 foot boat to make a decent wake, should you even call it a wake specific boat? I'm gonna stick with opinion that the cc210, mc205, and original vlx hulls still can't be beat by any of the newer designs.
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-30-2006, 4:40 PM Reply   
Well that has given me a reason to not buy another Correct Craft after buying two 210s in the last 4 years. Didn't someone at CC stand up when they were discussing phasing out the 210? What were they thinking!!!
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-30-2006, 4:42 PM Reply   
I'm going to put the blame on Great Dane. You bitched and bitched about that clamb shell. Now look at what it's gotten us. :-(

Just joking GD.
Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-30-2006, 4:59 PM Reply   
hopefully ol red sovine aint' gonna read this. he's gonna have a stroke.lol
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-30-2006, 9:40 PM Reply   
WTF! Why cant nautique get it right! If they dont make some smart decisions real quick they no longer will be in the top 3. what a shame, looking at there awesome track record, not to mention the old SAN was fine the way it was. so what if the interior is small. if you are hard core about the wakeboarding, the interior is not the reason you buy the boat. it just needs to be functional and built with quality. they had that, then they screwed it up with last years revision of the FCT. To me CC always kept it simple. it was always about the performance of the boat not about the interior. they had a proven hull, one that put out a wake all its own, and now its gone... rest in peace 210...wont be long till shes a classic just like the 2001. thats my two cents...}
Old     (c4avalanchen)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-30-2006, 10:25 PM Reply   
It's all about the "FAMILY WAKEBOAT IDEA" nowadays! Not about the core wakeboarder. How many 21 ft 90" beam wakeboats do you see anyore?
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-30-2006, 11:15 PM Reply   
LOL. Thanks, Paul.

Damn CC. The 210 was the best boat below the water; just not the best boat above the water. All CC had to do was make minor adjustments to the 210 and they would have had the best boat on the water across all desires. Damn shame.

So, the best wake boats are still mostly on OLD hulls designed before wakeboarding! I think BU is the only company who has actually improved their wake on their new hulls (with the new VLX). But, still, IMO, the SANGER 210, the CC 210 and the MC X1 create the best wakes. All mid 90s hulls.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-01-2006, 9:10 AM Reply   
i really hope someone from CC reads this, i highly doubt it, but they are seriously ticking off their loyal and often times eccentric customers
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-01-2006, 9:21 AM Reply   
So much for me getting an old style 210! The prices are going to shoot up and stay up on the used ones now just like the old 2001 like I have .
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-01-2006, 6:48 PM Reply   
Greatdane made an interesting point. I never have thought about it before, but the wakes do seem to be before the wake specific hulls were designed. Which to me also cooresponds to the "before wider was better" time frame. A narrow beam boat = good wake in many respects, or so it would seem.

Jeff,

I hope your right. I wonder what a vapor blue '06 210team could go for right now....Humm,
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-01-2006, 7:52 PM Reply   
Taken from a post on Wb.com and from planetnautique.com >>>

DRAGON88 Wrote: There have been some wake pictures released of the new 210 wake. Many are saying it's very similar to the SV211. (Nothing wrong with the SV211, but CC needed a SOLID wakeboarding wake, not another mediocre at everything good at nothing boat.)

I don't know what to say, besides CC must not be going for the WAKEboarding market anymore. It's funny because everyone always whined about how the 210 was not functional, and now it's "functional" but the wake is not on par with the competition.

It's everything I expected yet I'm so disappointed. I was hoping that the VLX would rattle the old CC cage a bit. I just wanted to see someone wake the sleeping giant. But, nope still asleep. CC still has the upper hand in construction IMO, but that's about it.

Photos from Mike D from Planet Nautique:

Stock ballast, 23mph @ 75'

Please bring back the 2003 SAN, I will take one in solid white with a black secondary.

Here are some pictures of the wake.
Upload
Upload

*If this has been posted before then sorry*

*All content taken from others, I am owed no credit*

Enjoy... and discuss on
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-02-2006, 8:09 AM Reply   
Like I said, I have footage of the new 210 with about 1300 lbs over stock. The wake isnt any more impressive than that. It is probably less impressive, since we have extra weight in the boat. I sent the tapes to my friend who has acces to pro video equipment, so we will see what he makes with the footage.
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-02-2006, 9:15 AM Reply   
Wow! I know it's hard to tell how good a wake is by pictures but that is just sad!!!
The classic CC shape is gone. I wouldn't think any amount of weight would help that much.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-02-2006, 9:24 AM Reply   
Tom,tho the wake pics above look look pretty sad just keep in mind that the X-Star wake is probably the saddest ever with just stock ballast but with extra weight it comes alive and becomes one of the best if not the best.
Old     (truebeachbum)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-02-2006, 7:57 PM Reply   
the wake sucks they screwd up this year they shouldent even sell that piece of crap
Old     (wakerider23234)      Join Date: Jan 2006       12-02-2006, 8:55 PM Reply   
if its not broken dont fix it.
Old     (whit)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-03-2006, 3:25 AM Reply   
Is the old 210 still available, but under a new name? i.e. like the X-1 is the 205V hull/old X-Star.

The 210 has one of the best and most unique wakes. So hard--feels like it a solid rubber pipe hidden under the water. Sure hope it isn't gone from future production. Would be a sad day indeed for CC fans. But might not be so bad. I didn't know which wake I liked better the new X-Star or the old. Took some time for the new X-star wake to grow on me but now I love it.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-04-2006, 7:04 AM Reply   
No Whit, I talked with two different dealers and there is no way to purchase the old 210/SAN. They obviously still have the molds, but they are not filling them.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-04-2006, 9:00 AM Reply   
someone with some cash needs to purchase those molds... or try to, and bring her back to life...just a thought though

on a different note, if cc were to sell the mold and someone were to start a new company with the old mold and keep the same features, would any of yall jump ship with cc and go to the new guys simply for the wake, it is a one of a kind shape and feel, although i think the 2001 is almost the same
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-04-2006, 9:21 AM Reply   
No! The appeal behind CC, at least for me is the warranty, customer service and build quality.

You can easily make a mold of the 210 yourself, it's called a "splash" and has been around in the boating industry since fiberglass has been used. Isn't there already a company in Europe or someplace already making a splash of the 210?
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-04-2006, 9:23 AM Reply   
i wouldnt either but i was curious if others would
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       12-04-2006, 9:29 AM Reply   
I would definetly consider it. There is more to buying a new boat than just the hull but that hull would be a great starting point for a boat company.

I think CC should seperate into 2 divisions Nautique and Correct Craft.

They could be somewhat similar to supra and moomba. They could just use old molds and the old factory for the lower division. In that division they could build a 210, DD air nautique, and I would like to see a version of the 2001 to be a true entry level boat.
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-04-2006, 11:48 AM Reply   
I want to be the one to buy the mold. There are some many little improvements that could be made to the 210 that would make it so user friendly.

I would put an optional ballast system under the floor of about 2000lbs. Also I would make the ski locker door skinny to where you didn't have to open the passenger seat to get to it. That is just a start. Then I would double the number of cupholders...etc...etc
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-04-2006, 1:45 PM Reply   
Kevin, me and my friend are thinking about buying a super sport and making a mold with it then selling the boat to the public. We would make one for ourselves first. If people like it, we would produce more. It would be a strict wakeboard boat with just the hull, engine, 2500 lbs of ballast, interior, PP, and ballast. We would try to keep the boat around 30k or less. I think its possible if you keep the boat simple. Pretty much the same idea as epic, but we wont be adding the crazy add-ons that they consider to be necessary for wakeboarding.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-04-2006, 2:02 PM Reply   
You can't make a splash of a super sport without permission. The chances CC would grant permission is a big fat zero, if you went ahead anyway they would rightfully give you lawyers up the ying yang.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-04-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
Why do I need permission to make a boat for myself? Also the patent will be expired by the time we even think of making them.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       12-04-2006, 2:09 PM Reply   
I dont think they can do anything to you for making one for yourselves but you cannot start producing and selling their boats. I bet you could buy a 95-99 Super Sport and customize it to your likings alot cheaper than you could build one from scratch.

Sounds like a fun project though.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-04-2006, 2:15 PM Reply   
Leo...I am not so sure that you would need permission to build a boat for yourself.... But trying to sell someone else's product renamed your own may get lawyers faxing.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-04-2006, 2:44 PM Reply   
How do the other boat companies get away with taking boat hulls then? I know Svara and some other companies have taken the hulls to make their 'own'. Is it because they are in another country? What if I changed the hull just enought so it wasnt the same hull?
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       12-04-2006, 2:55 PM Reply   
If you send the mold down here Argentina I can get you the boat made for half the price in the US and built by a 40 year old boat manufacturer.
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-04-2006, 3:10 PM Reply   
"Splash Wars" have been going on since the dawn of fiberglass boat building. There is plenty of court precidents to go either way, ask Mike Brendel and his dad, ask Sanger, ask Eliminator, etc. etc...

OBTW, this is why you buy a CC.

http://www.planetnautique.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=6978

All boats have problems but how many other companies do you see doing this?

(Message edited by san210Nut on December 04, 2006)
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-04-2006, 4:14 PM Reply   
So, does all of this mean that the value of my '02 SAN just went up?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-04-2006, 5:14 PM Reply   
I just dont want to see the old 210 die. I think this would be a great opportunity for a no-name to start a company and produce a true wakeboard boat with zero options and zero extras, just the boat, ballast, tower, and PP.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-05-2006, 6:55 AM Reply   
Tommy, I doubt pre-07 SAN/210 are increasing in value.....but the current moves by Correct Craft are surely not hurting their resale value.

I will assume that pre-07 SAN/210's will hover and depreciate at a slower pace than your average highly sought after used inboard.

Personally I could not be happier with the moves that Correct Craft has made EVERY year since the release of the ’03 SAN……. Make that the ’02 as opening up the boat was big for me and without that, I may have purchased an X2(now X1).