Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-15-2006, 1:16 PM Reply   
so i've finally got all my stuff together and i was wondering before i bring this in, what you guys would suggest for the best way to have them wire this up.

here's what i'll have

infinity 111Wx4 @ 4-ohms
soundstream 40Wx4 @ 4-ohms, or 120Wx2 bridged @ 4-ohms
2 Polk Audio Momo MMC650 6.5"
2 Polk Audio Momo MMC650 6.5" tower speakers Audioformz
2 Polk Audio DB1000 Tweeters
1 JL Audio 10W1v2 10" Sub

What do you guys suggest I do for a wiring plan? I really want to be able to fade the tower speakers as well as the tweeters. Currently, the JL is installed with 2 channels of that soundstream bridged at 120-watts. In my opinion, it could sound better. I was hoping to use 2-channels of the new infinity amp to push about 240'ish to it. Any suggestions on how I should have them set this up?

(Message edited by brucemac on February 15, 2006)
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-16-2006, 4:20 PM Reply   
Bruce, I replied to your thread on the other board but thought id reply here as well so mabye somone else would have some input on your setup.

Not sure about running 240watts to that sub if its rms? Isnt that a 150 watt rms sub? Also with the Infinity amp bridged youd be getting closer to 280 watts to the sub, kinda seems like alot for a 150 watt sub? But.......if you decide to go that way.... the Infinity amp will get you 140 rms with a 2 ohm load, why not wire the the speakers in parallel? Then youd get about 70 watts to each 6.5 and to each tweet on the tower only using 2 channels of the amp, then bridge the other 2 channels to the sub. You could use the other amp two power the remaining speakers? You could also run that Soundstream amp with a 2 ohm load and get 90 watts per channel as well since those Polk are rated at 80 rms each and the tweets I believe are 100 rms.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-16-2006, 7:49 PM Reply   
thanks for replying byron. the 10W1v2 will handle 250 no problem according to the chart at the bottom of the link, worst case, i'd turn the gain down a bit on that channel.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_subs.php?series_id=15

the soundstream manual says that it puts out 120W at 4-ohms bridged, and that's what i'm running now. it just doesn't hit hard enough for me. that's why i'm wanting to use one side of the infinity for the sub. keep in mind hearing tunes while riding isn't a big priority to me, but having good clean tunes in and around the boat is. i just want the best setup and i want to be able to fade the towers and possibly fade the tweeters in case they are too bright. hopefully this guy tomorrow knows what he's doing. supposedly he's been there for 11 years. so i'm hoping he's cool and has some patience for me. ;)

i guess i'll find out soon enough. thanks again for taking the time to reply. much appreciated.