Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-31-2006, 6:47 PM Reply   
My buddie has a 05 centurion sport bowrider. His wake is very washy as well as the boat likes to porpuse over 35mph. I asked him about the wakeplate and he has no idea and its in the factory setting. Im going to play with it the next time out any good starting places? thanks
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-31-2006, 6:52 PM Reply   
To reduce the porpose lower the wakeplate, although this may not help the boarding wake - Is it washy on both sides? Move weight to the washy side. Sometimes weight in the front can help both the porpose and washout. I have the hydraulic wakeplate on my 05 Avalanche - run it all the way up and never have porpose problems.
Old    chadj99            06-06-2006, 7:44 AM Reply   
I had the same problem, the best solution was to take the boat to the dealer and have them install a hydraulic trim tab in place of the "manual" one. Best thing I ever did.

(Message edited by ChadJ99 on June 06, 2006)
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-06-2006, 9:07 AM Reply   
I adjust my hydraulic trim tab all the time. All the way up for wake boarding, down for go fast, down for goofy surf.
Old     (boomerang)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-06-2006, 9:08 AM Reply   
If you go to http://www.tige.com/2006/
Then click on the "TIGE Difference"
Then click on "convex / Taps 2"
Then click on "Push the button"

This should help with your adjustment, On our boat once Taps reaches the 4-6 range boat will porpose bad at speeds above 30 mph.

I don't have a problem if we stay at wakeboard speed 18 mph - 25 mph no matter where taps is located.

Hope this helps,
Danny
Old     (boomerang)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-06-2006, 9:12 AM Reply   
If you go to http://www.tige.com/2006/
Then click on the "TIGE Difference"
Then click on "convex / Taps 2"
Then click on "Push the button"

This should help with your adjustment, On our boat once Taps reaches the 4-6 range boat will porpose bad at speeds above 30 mph.

I don't have a problem if we stay at wakeboard speed 18 mph - 25 mph no matter where taps is located.

Hope this helps,
Danny
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-06-2006, 9:25 AM Reply   
If you have alot/too much weight towards the stern and not enough in the bow you will porpoise pretty bad too.
Old     (kody_a)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-06-2006, 9:48 AM Reply   
What exactly is porpusing. Isnt where you make a turn and the boat leans with the turn.