Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-21-2011, 7:56 PM Reply   
Looking to get a place to keep our boat during this winter. I have a lot of projects that I want to do (ballast, stereo and general maintenance). Has anybody ever had any luck finding a place that would allow you to get in and work? I have been trying to find an airplane hangar to rent, but the ones that are available have restrictions.

Any thoughts on where else to look? Any one have a place in the twin cities area that they could recommend?
Old     (val_cal)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-21-2011, 9:58 PM Reply   
I am in California but I rent a 1500 sqft commercial auto repair shop. I found it on Craigslist
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-27-2011, 8:02 AM Reply   
I rented heated storage out west of town in Mayer. It was in a large corporate wharehouse office.. The guys name was Pete. He advertisted on Craigslist Minneapolis and it was DIRTY cheap - something like $300 for the year. He stored about 8 boats and maybe 3-4 cars and kept it at 55-60 all winter. When I wanted to go out and fiddle around with the boat I had to arrange a time with him when he would be there (Satuday or something) and he'd let me tinker.

Was a GREAT solution.. I'll see if I can find his number for your Mr. Brine. If not - start checknig craigslist for heated storage from a guy named Pete.. I bet that it would be about 25 minutes from your house to his storage. You'd take 101 to 7 and then it was right off 7 maybe 10 miles west of 101 or so.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-27-2011, 8:10 AM Reply   
dont have his phone number in my phone, cant find the e mails and didn't see it on an initial sweep of CL. will keep looking

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ws...534890683.html

that one is quite a bit more expensive but $150 a month for heated indoor with access isn't totally unreasonable.. $700 for the winter
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-27-2011, 9:57 AM Reply   
Dude that place is awesome. What did you search for?

Let me know if you find the place out west. That sounds to be pretty much right up my alley.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-27-2011, 11:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwakerider View Post
Dude that place is awesome. What did you search for?

Let me know if you find the place out west. That sounds to be pretty much right up my alley.
heated boat storage?

I'll keep trying to dig up Petes number.. The one I found is still a good deal but Pete only charged me $300 for the whole winter, it was heated and it was less than 30 mins from your house. It would be perfect. I can't locate anything on it now.. I'll keep trying..

But that one down in the SE Metro would do the trick - just a further drive and probably $750 for the 5 month storage period.