Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (montana_sanger)      Join Date: Nov 2007       08-21-2012, 1:11 PM Reply   
Here's a preview of a Skylon tower option I just received from Sanger. Tell me what you guys think and I will forward it on.

Thanks - Dave
Attached Images

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-21-2012, 1:12 PM Reply   
Yuck!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-21-2012, 1:16 PM Reply   
Really cheap and terrible looking. Also too far back on the boat. Just stick with the chubby, the quickfold one they have had or one of the samsons like the razor or switchblade.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-21-2012, 1:19 PM Reply   
Move it forward about 10" and match it to the paint - either white or silver and it would look great.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-21-2012, 1:22 PM Reply   
not a fan.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-21-2012, 1:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
Move it forward about 10" and match it to the paint - either white or silver and it would look great.
After looking at it another second you are probably right. The problem I see though is the windshield frame's lines don't match the tower at all. Sanger really needs to update the windshield lines and make the srap farther around then they do. Like they do on the V237.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-21-2012, 1:26 PM Reply   
Plus it stands out like a sore thumb being black on a light boat.. make is white or aluminum, push it forward a bit and it's bomb.com
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-21-2012, 1:37 PM Reply   
being back so far LOOKS weird, but I guarantee it makes it a more pleasant boat to ride in, especially if there are tower speakers.

That just looks like the original malibu illusion tower from 2002-3. Super dated, with the added bonus of all the drawbacks that a two point tower has to offer.

Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-21-2012, 2:03 PM Reply   
I don't know the added benefit of having it back so far beside speakers, but then the hole in the fiberglass will be way more noticeable... It looks out of place, that's what I can't get over... It also looks like a pontoon tower. Very outdated looking... But hey, to each his own if you like it, that's all that counts!!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-21-2012, 2:13 PM Reply   
fugly. the V215 already looks gorgeous as is. Leave Alone
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       08-21-2012, 2:50 PM Reply   
I don't care for it. I have the proflight chubby on my V215 and I think it looks great.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-21-2012, 3:10 PM Reply   
I'm going thumbs down also.

Sangers are so awesome looking already...(although getting seriously outdated perhaps at this point given they haven't changed anything in YEARS)

That tower looks like a cheap afterthought...My DLX with strange CANNON or something tower looked sexy as heck and ALWAYS got compliments. (good ones!lol)

Looks like the new monster tower - and although I absolutely love the old malibu's with illusions (the normal illusions) - the two tube monster (tower) that swoops like that just doesn't do it for me.

Please tell me this is a joke. I was really hoping Sanger would have something that would blow us out of the water soon...
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-21-2012, 3:14 PM Reply   
Terrible, not a fan for sure
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-21-2012, 3:18 PM Reply   
One other thing. I think the tower would looke better with racks and boards in those racks. Looks like the bimini is too high to get tower speakers in there. A bimini like on an illusion with a couple sets of speakers, 2 pairs of racks, color changed and moved forward it woudl probably look good.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       08-21-2012, 3:30 PM Reply   
Good points guys. I actually really like the look of the Sangers. I am obviously very biased ;-)

I think they have this '65 Mustang "classic look" (no offense to the guys who prefer other muscle cars). I know they have tried to spruce up the graphics a bit to keep with the times, but my preference is the straight clean look. I'm not opposed to the high density graphic wraps, I think they look OK.

From a function standpoint, the hull is fantastic, so I wouldnt change anything there...

OK Sanger lovefest over
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-21-2012, 4:06 PM Reply   
I'd definitely get the Chubby ahead of that. I love the idea of the open windscreen but I think that that tower does not suit the hull looks. I wish the Chubby folded lower but it's high and solid.
Old     (montana_sanger)      Join Date: Nov 2007       08-21-2012, 4:07 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input guys. I thought the same about how far back it is, and they said it had to be there to clear the windshield when folded down. Just thought I would get your opinions before I ordered any. I think you guys settled it for me. I'm kind of partial to the newer version of the wake air tower, I think it's made by Star one.
Old     (malibumatt)      Join Date: May 2006       08-21-2012, 4:20 PM Reply   
WHy does everyone feel they have to have a forward swooping tower?
Old     (davidggriffith)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-21-2012, 4:27 PM Reply   
Dave are you ordering any to 237's if you are what are the ballast systems options from the factory I've read some where that they uped there ballast to 1600 pounds is this true?
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-21-2012, 4:39 PM Reply   
Pass.
Old     (montana_sanger)      Join Date: Nov 2007       08-21-2012, 6:55 PM Reply   
David- I will do at least one maybe two to start with. I've been going with the 409hp 6.0l Indmar since we are at 4000ft. Quite honestly as far as the ballast we've been talking about a factory option for a 800 lb custom bag on each side so thats probably how I will do it. Should put it around 2250 if I recall.
Old     (montana_sanger)      Join Date: Nov 2007       08-21-2012, 7:23 PM Reply   
Sorry, I forgot to mention 1300lbs is still standard with the hard tanks. Maybe someone confused the option of 2 800's in the back with 1600 total? Or is that not what you meant?
Old     (Kingsriver)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-21-2012, 8:56 PM Reply   
Looks cheap. I would not own that tower on my boat. If they are trying to make the boat cheaper they need to raisebthe price on mAke that a low cost option on the Sanger SPecial boats.

I agree if you are running the 237 at anything over sea level you need the 409. We run at 800' and 5600' and there is a big difference in performance at 5600'. I can't image what it would be like with the smaller motor. Not fun with a full crew and fat sacks rocking a great surf wave.
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-21-2012, 9:57 PM Reply   
How do you get into that boat when it's at the dock? Add boards on the racks and that would be impossible to get into. Love Sangers....HATE that tower! I had a Stelling tower on my V237 and we really liked it.

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-21-2012, 11:11 PM Reply   
Man... Alot of haters here. Too bad I'm one of them. Not sure which is worse. The tower or the bimini. Okay the bimini....... Just push the tower forward and we'll talk. I like the sporty black color of the tower though... The Bimini well... Anyone with an erector set can beat that.
Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-24-2012, 9:19 PM Reply   
That 237 is sharp. Love how that tower follows the lines exact and just really accentuates the overall lines of the boat. I do like the graphics on the other but the tower doesn't do it for me either.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-24-2012, 10:35 PM Reply   
I dont like it, but good for Sanger for trying to switch things up a little. When I think of "Sanger" I think of the proven "go-to wake boat" that has that timeless classy look.

This tower just doesnt cut it. I think you guys could come up with something much better.

I never seem to like much of anything that many of the aftermarket tower guys make. Typically, I just think they look a little cheesy.
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-24-2012, 11:14 PM Reply   
Hi-jack - hows the surfwake on the 215
Old     (constructor)      Join Date: Aug 2012       08-25-2012, 7:07 AM Reply   
Maybe it's mounted backwards LOL If I was worth a flip at photoshop I'd spin it around...keeping the top in the same location.
Mine has the folding tower, I like it better but the racks aren't wide enough to hold Liquid Force surf boards....until I mill them out.
Old    alanp            08-25-2012, 11:16 AM Reply   
horrible
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-25-2012, 12:08 PM Reply   
If they have to mount it that far back to fold it down then they completely slacked on designing that thing. As everyone else has said, that is possibly the worst tower we've seen on here in quite a long time. Nothing about it matches the lines of the boat. Please tell Sanger to have their supplier try a little harder next time.
Old     (montana_sanger)      Join Date: Nov 2007       08-25-2012, 1:44 PM Reply   
Here's the deluxe version of the tower. I like it a little better myself.
Attached Images

Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-25-2012, 3:08 PM Reply   
It does look awkward so far back for sure and not really feeling it. I have a 2001 DXII with the Proflight Swwop and it looks great. I do however wish that Proflight would incorporate a new lock down system instead of the screw in knobs. I thought a system similar to a male/female airchuck system on steroids would be awesome!
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-25-2012, 10:28 PM Reply   
I think I've seen a picture from several years ago with a tower right at the back of a Sanger. If my memory is right Scott Pelleton said it worked will back there but there might have been some other problem.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-26-2012, 9:29 AM Reply   
I was really disappointed when I opened this thread lol. I believe I saw that tower on a boat for sale a couple months ago also. It definetly doesn't do much for me. I still think the Proflight Chubby Swoop is still the best looking tower Sanger has ever put on these boats. I'd love to upgrade the looks of my boat with some sort of newer tower but there isnt anything that has caught my eye yet.

V210s and 215s are a great design that don't need any major changes but I would really like to see some sort of new tower that updates the looks of the boat, preferably forward facing. I also keep waiting for Sanger to jump into the pickle fork bow market.
Old     (constructor)      Join Date: Aug 2012       08-26-2012, 5:10 PM Reply   
This one is a better option IMO.

While talking about Sanger options and request
Say no the the Clarion stereo
Transom and interior lights are cool as is the heater, add a hot shower.
The 420 6 liter is a hoss but not sure it is needed especially on a 215
Make sure the livorsi depth meter also has a water temp on it.
On the 237 get rid of the rear slide out compartment which is marked for failure and make a step there.
Make sure the tower racks are wide enough to fit the good surf boards and tell Sanger to make sure they work(as in swivel).
Check behind Indmar to make sure they tightened the fuel pump cover so it doesn't spray gas all over the engine. Sanger really should start and test the engine before they ship them out.
Sorry, honest opinion worth what was paid for it.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-26-2012, 5:41 PM Reply   
It is very dated and cheap looking but hopefully it's more stable than the crap wake air tower pictured above which was extremely wobbly without even a single speaker on it
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-26-2012, 10:06 PM Reply   
Oooooooh bummer, i love the look of that tower