Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       11-07-2007, 10:11 PM Reply   
Quick help would be appreciated guys thanks! Im set on scoring a Ronix setup for next season...here in MN its far past our boarding season unfortunately... but anywho, im set on the Covin 138, im really diggin the shape, the graphics and the board itself, and comin from a 3DS I think her and i will get along. So i need opinions on bindings, im really diggin the cells and had my mind set on them but i could settle for some ones. How bout pros and cons of each, or why i should get one pair or the other, just wanna hear from some past owners and well informed people. not lookin to bash any brands. BTW, im lookin at all '07 stuff...dont wanna pay up front for '08 stuff this season.

With that said, i have a few setups i might be interested in trading or selling in order to add my Ronix setup to my closet. Let me know if anyone is interested and i can send pics n stuff. I have an '05 Parks 140 which has been on sliders but is in excellent still amazingly, an '05 Roam 139 which has never been on sliders, has a scratch from my truck bed and is in immaculate condition, and an '06 3DS 139 in immaculate condition, no scratches, no sliders, only blemishes from the racks. As far as bindings i have two pairs of '04 Temets, one pair used a couple of seasons still in GREAT condition, the other used 15 times tops. And i also have a pair of '07 3DS bindings used for 2 months this past season only, excellent condition as well. All bindings are M/L which fit a 9-10.5 shoe size i believe. Thanks in advance guys!
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-07-2007, 10:30 PM Reply   
I rode both the ones and the cells for a little bit to try them out - here are my thoughts.

Cells- Great boot super comfortable, have a certain stiffness to them that i just love. You definitley could still tweak like crazy but it felt like a great hold.

Ones- Also a good boot but i did not enjoy them as much as the cells. They were lower cut (and coming from the LF transits) I needed something with that higher support. For me it also felt as if they were just as stiff but the lower cut, and not lower but to terribly much at all but noticeable, made me swing away from them.

In all both are good boots but i'd say stick with the cells, be sure to have them heat molded - makes a huge difference!
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-08-2007, 8:41 AM Reply   
Watch the positioning of the bindings. When I rode the Ones, which were in deed very comfortable, they positioned my feet 1-1/2" closer to the heel edge. It really screwed up my riding. One of my friends noticed it and decided to live with them, but it took him about a month of riding before he was back to his normal level.

Not sure if the Cells are the same way or not.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       11-08-2007, 12:56 PM Reply   
Thanks Lyle, i will keep that in mind when i get the new setup, i'd be new to Ronix, but im really excited to try out their stuff!!
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-08-2007, 4:29 PM Reply   
sent you a PM about the two
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       11-09-2007, 7:58 AM Reply   
Hey _JB, got your PM and i appreciate your response. I actually found a setup and i already got invoiced. I scored the Cells and the Covin. Thanks for your message back though..next season, lets shred together sometime brother!