Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-16-2007, 9:53 AM Reply   
Anyone have more info on this deck? I've heard there are a few out there but no pics. I guess the pic in the board guide isn't it.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-16-2007, 10:19 AM Reply   
Cant help with pics but I am very interested in this board too.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-16-2007, 10:23 AM Reply   
I was wondering the same thing. I'm riding the same board as you and was thinking of going to this board. I believe it's the old absolute shape isn't it?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-16-2007, 10:30 AM Reply   
Haven't ridden it yet, but the word is that it is awesome. Pops hard but is real smooth. Definately not the old Absolute shape, its brand new and pretty unique. I have a pic but I'm not sure if its been released yet, will check.
Old    innov8actionsports.com            01-16-2007, 10:34 AM Reply   
No its not the old Absolute shape, its a new shape from CWB for 07.
It is a continuous rocker, not a three stage, as well as a twin fin, no center fin.
I have been told the board is one the fastest CWB boards to date and has a big spine for soft landings.
It comes in a 138 and a 142cm
2.85 rocker for the 38 and 3.05 for the 42.
I have heard it has big pop and edges like a dream and is great on the sliders.
I will post more when the weather warms up and we get it on the water.
We have the 138 in stock and it looks killer, great graphic, very solid board.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-16-2007, 10:35 AM Reply   
We were selling them at the boat show.

So far, Brandon Poser is the only guy I know that has ridden one. He loved it coming from an Absolute.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-16-2007, 10:41 AM Reply   
Jrod you think I might be happier with that board as a big dude?

Jeff, I think the faction comes in a 144 does it not?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-16-2007, 10:42 AM Reply   
Sounds to me like its good to go, here's the picture. You can see the spine runs nearly the full length. Definately wanna try this thing out.
Upload
Old    innov8actionsports.com            01-16-2007, 10:44 AM Reply   
Yes you are correct Mike 138&144.
Sorry not 142.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-16-2007, 10:48 AM Reply   
Yeah, can't wait to get one on the water. They were flying off the shelves at the boat show. I think people were sold on looks alone. LOL. When people asked how they rode all we could do was speculate. I've heard two very positive reviews, though, from those who have actually ridden them.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       01-16-2007, 11:01 AM Reply   
I have been riding the Faction for the past month---I LOVE IT!!! I rode the Absolute Platy and was set on riding the Transcend Platy this year--even got one, then I rode the Faction and was very impressed! I haven't ridden anything else since. Very soft landings, excellent pop, very consistent--and fast! I like a loose board(absolute finless) so I was a little concerned with the fin size on the faction---you do not even feel the fins at all until you put it on a hard edge. For those who like a fast board with great pop and soft landings, definately give it a try---anyone in SoCal/Central wish to demo any CWB boards(Absolute,Marius,Transcend,Faction)give me a shout, we'll go ride(Buena Vista, Pyramid, Naci,ect.)
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-16-2007, 11:02 AM Reply   
What about the size? I'm around 175 but I've never ridden anything bigger than my 141 lute.
Old     (brutto_76)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-16-2007, 11:35 AM Reply   
Those fins look similar to the ones on my Marius and they seemed to be very soft and got bent out of shape really easy. It didn't matter to me because I found I preferred it finless but with four of them I'd be a bit worried.

Chuck, did you ever ride a Marius - if you did, how does the Faction compare?
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       01-16-2007, 12:16 PM Reply   
Brutto
I rode the Marius twice and it was just not for me. Most people either love the Marius or don't care for it---for my riding style/ability I wasn't comfortable on the board. The Faction is much faster and has better pop.
Don't worry about the fins, I ride finless and felt comfortable on the Faction with the 4 fins--you don'e even notice them(I was concerned myself at first).
This is a great board(in my opinion) and I'll be riding it all year. Thanks CWB!
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       01-16-2007, 12:18 PM Reply   
Randy
I rode the Absolute 141 Platinum---currently riding the Faction 138---5'10 165lbs. perfect fit for me.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-16-2007, 12:35 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info Chuck.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-17-2007, 12:12 AM Reply   
I'm curious as to how big the 144 will "feel" on the water. Does that make sense? To me some boards feel bigger/smaller than they are. But I rode a 138 transcend platty and it felt tiny. But I'm 6'2 220 ish.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-17-2007, 7:20 AM Reply   
I'm able to ride smaller boards just fine when they are fast. I went from a 140/141 Flame/Absolute to a 138 Transcend with ease. Couldn't be happier. I'm 175 - 5'9" though.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-17-2007, 9:48 AM Reply   
As a bigger guy I think maybe the 144 would keep me from mexirolling my boards to death, looking forward to a chance to demo it.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-17-2007, 12:55 PM Reply   
Here are some more pics. Hopefully, I will get to demo it out this weekend. I did not have time this morning to put the other set of fins on.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (fbricard)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-17-2007, 3:46 PM Reply   
I love that matte finish to it, and the big spine.

(Message edited by fbricard on January 17, 2007)
Old     (vlxray)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-17-2007, 4:37 PM Reply   
I was thinking of getting a Ronix Covin for '07 but the Faction looks sweet. The rocker looks just right and that huge center spine seems like it will make for some nice landings. The matte finish and graphics are killer.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-17-2007, 6:45 PM Reply   
Those pics posted makes the board look sick!! The WW board guide makes the board look 100 times worse than it is.

Did those blue fin bolt washers come with the deck? What size are the fins?
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-17-2007, 6:58 PM Reply   
I ride the Faction 138 and roll with Chuck, and will continue to ride it until something better comes out. I have been riding the Absolute ever since it was introduced, and it was an easy decision to move to the Faction. I love every aspect of it. TONS of pop, the landings are very soft, goes real fast when you want it to, its nice and loose on the water, plus it looks bad ass too!

From the first second on the water with it, it was like seeing an old friend. I didn't need to get used to it at all, just started busting out. I'm 6' and 185, and it seems to work perfectly. As Chuck said, anyone who wants to come ride some CWB boards, we have a few to choose from. Hit us up.
Old     (fbricard)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-17-2007, 7:30 PM Reply   
I wish that the local CWB rep here in Singapore had as wide a selection and gave as much support as you guys do.

They do more of taking in 1 model & 1 size plus 1 or 2 bindings (incl sizes) and thats it. Once its sold out, you've got to wait another 3 months before you get to see anything else new.

Worst thing is, there are heaps of people who love the new CWB gear (06/07) and once they tried my Zeus's and the in store Factions, and how light and locked in you were, they went nuts. But because of the lack of merchandise and not much advertising done to promote the brand, a lot of people all end up with LF gear (which has good gear, I just wish for more variety). Such a pity really.

By the way, does the 144 have the same graphic?
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-17-2007, 8:00 PM Reply   
I believe it does.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-18-2007, 5:26 AM Reply   
Yes, the blue fin bolts come with it, and I think you can get the 1" or 1 1/4" fins. Another thing that make this board stand out is that the CWB Logos. Some are raised and the others a re recessed, which IMO, really makes the board different.

(Message edited by Byrd on January 18, 2007)

Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-18-2007, 6:29 AM Reply   
Byrd, when we going to try that board? It's going to be cold this weekend.
Old    sealyon.net            01-18-2007, 6:51 AM Reply   
Thats great to hear,I've been wondering how it was going to ride. We only orderd 1 though
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-18-2007, 7:13 AM Reply   
Let's try it out on Saturday. Dont worry, I dont think our lake will freeze over anytime soon...

Here is a few pics of Factions on Faction

Upload
Upload
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-18-2007, 7:29 AM Reply   
Wow. That is awesome.
Old     (brutto_76)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-18-2007, 9:32 AM Reply   
Factions on Factions - that's the new setup I'm going to demo first when I come over to Florida in March. Super-soft landings like my Marius but faster and with better pop!
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-18-2007, 2:17 PM Reply   
brutto, where are you planning to be in Florida?
Old     (brutto_76)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-18-2007, 4:20 PM Reply   
Byrd, we'll be close by OWC. And probably do our shopping at Perfski.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-18-2007, 4:26 PM Reply   
That board looks good. Kinda looks like a DU Nelson with a spine down the middle.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-18-2007, 5:15 PM Reply   
brutto, if you get out near Winter Haven and want to go for a pull, let me know some dates.

Squid, I hope that spine really gives soft landings. If the weather is nice this weekend, I'll let everyone know what I find out, lol

Old     (brutto_76)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-19-2007, 9:55 AM Reply   
That would be great Byrd, thanks for the offer - we'll be in touch when we get the dates fixed.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-28-2007, 8:09 PM Reply   
Sorry to bring an old thread to life, but I'd rather than posting a redundant topic; I'm narrowing down what board I'm going to pick up at the boat show in a couple weeks and I'm stuck between the Transcend and Faction. My wallet is telling me Faction, but I'm worried about sacrificing the 3 stage pop I would get from the Transcend. For reference I can land hs and ts 1's and have almost nailed my 3's and backrolls. Which deck do you guys think would suit me best??
Thanks a bunch for the help...
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-28-2007, 10:51 PM Reply   
I think that a continuous rocker might force you to emphasize proper technique to get the same amount of pop. An aggressive three stage like the Transcend can be too much for some riders and end up being more of a hindrance because the rider might not have the skill set to fully maximize and control the hard pop you get. A smoother ride with a more even pop may help you out a ton. There is a reason that a lot of really good riders are on the Faction board, it does a lot of things very well.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-29-2007, 7:03 AM Reply   
I rode the Faction about a week ago, but wanted more time on the board to give it a review, but I will tell you what I think. The faction board is loose, but controllable. Also, you will not get the aggressive 3 stage pop on this board. But what you will get is a very consistant and controllable pop. Personally, I dont think it suits my style, but I do want to spend more time on the board, one day is just not enough. If you are looking for a board that feels loose and does not buck you when your technique is a little off, or if you have a relaxed W2W style of riding, then I would recommend you demo this board.
Old     (klp_ca)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-29-2007, 11:26 AM Reply   
I rode the Faction about a week ago also, thought the board was fast a gripy, but will break loss when you want it to. The landings are very soft and sticky. The board tracks well and has big pop. The pop is big and smooth, taking tricks into the flats is fun on this board, the landing are supper soft. I want to spend some more time on this board.