Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old    chuba            05-09-2005, 5:41 AM Reply   
Looking for feedback to help with making decision between '05 Centurion Lightning (stormI pkg) and '05 Moomba LSV (3 balast - 325hp).
a. Which boat has the better Wake (for both wake surf & wakeboard)?
b. Moomba seems to have shallow freeboard. Is this a concern of others?
c. Which boat is better in quality?

Old     (2high4u)      Join Date: May 2004       05-09-2005, 7:08 AM Reply   
Centurion have really step'd it up a notch for '05, took delivery of my new 05 enzo last week and IMO the build quility is excellent + they use better and thicker vinly in this years models! ( all this compared to '03+'04 avalanche my friends own)
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-09-2005, 7:50 AM Reply   
I can't speak to the Centurion, I don't know if I've even ever seen one on the water, but I bought an '05 Mobius LSV and am absolutely loving it. If you go the LSV route, make sure to get the wakeplate, it really lets you dial in the shape of the wake. Currently, I don't even bother filling the rear sacks. The center sack full + wake plate at 3/4 up gives me a wake that gives me all the pop I can handle right now.
Old    chuba            05-09-2005, 12:43 PM Reply   
How is your LSV for Wake-Surfing? What speed and balast configuration do you use?
Old     (nc05lsv)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-09-2005, 6:50 PM Reply   
I also have an LSV and love it. Centurions tend to have about the best wakesurfing wake out there. I don't think you can go wrong with either boat. I looked at them and test drove them both which I recommend that you do as well. To me, the dealer is just about as important as which brand you choose
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-09-2005, 7:05 PM Reply   
I bought an 04 Lightning demo this year. I've only had her on the water four times, but I really like me new ride. I traded in an I/O for the Lightning. I think you’re right, inboards generally have lower gunnels than other boats like my old I/O, which was a foot shorter than the new boat but still had more storage. Lower gunnels could be a problem on the great lakes, major bays and such, but not on most lakes, most of the time.

It usually took a while during the beginning of the season to make wake to wake jumps behind my I/O. I had that on my first jump behind the new boat. I’m pretty happy with my Centurion and I’m looking forward to a great summer.

Good luck and whatever you do you’re bound to have a good summer too.

(Message edited by bigshow on May 09, 2005)
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-09-2005, 7:45 PM Reply   
DRew,
The wakesurfing wake is good but with the LH rotation of the prop you have to surf on the Right side of the boat ( if you were looking at the boat from the rear). So if you are goofy , it is perfect, but if you are Regular then you will be surfing backside all day. By the way this is the case with all LH rotation V-Drives.
Old     (hyrific)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-10-2005, 4:03 PM Reply   
Unless you like sitting on the ground in your boat I would recommend the centurion. In all the lsv's I have been in my knee't hit my chin when I am sitting inside the boat. Just throw a bunch of weight in either and the wake should suit you fine.

Old    ryde4life            05-11-2005, 2:12 PM Reply   
I am going to say the Centurion also. All around you cannot go wrong. Are you looking at a Lightning C4 or a Lightning? If you going to surf add Sideswipe for sure!
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-11-2005, 9:06 PM Reply   
I would go with the Centurion.
I have rode in both of the boats you are talking about. I must say that the Centurion had a better ride, a better build and also a stronger factory wake than the Moomba.
Thats personall on hand riding behing both boats exsperience.