Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old    jake_mi            04-01-2005, 11:04 AM Reply   
how long of screws should i get for my substance with ultras. i lost my set and have to get some from home depot. they are 1/4-20 right? thanks

Jake
Old    clubjoeskier            04-01-2005, 12:09 PM Reply   
Take em with you, and check first hand...
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-01-2005, 12:19 PM Reply   
Make sure you get stainless hardware. Like Joe said, either take them with you, or bring a binding to verify the length. Hopefully someone could give you an exact length if you don't have any screws at all.
Old     (tantrum20)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-04-2005, 8:48 AM Reply   
hey jake, what year are your ultras?? the ones with the new composites plates or the thin aluminum ones??
Old     (bradstang)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-04-2005, 11:07 AM Reply   
I used 3/4" with my alpha binding & Substance setup, but the alpha has a really thick plate. I bought 4-1/2", 4-3/4" & 4 - 1", along with stainless washers & lock washers for under $5 at home depot. That way my Tool Box has a range of parts to keep me boarding. I also used some lock tite on the threads to help out.

(Message edited by bradstang on April 04, 2005)
Old     (wakeboardwade)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-04-2005, 11:37 AM Reply   
why are you getting them from home depot? Get some binding screws?
Old    jake_mi            04-04-2005, 4:30 PM Reply   
thanks guys. i got the 1/4-20 3/4 inch length and they worked fine. i got them from home depot so i didnt have to spend $20 on screws and wait a week for them to come. my local shop only has hyperlite bindings so they only have "the claw" type screws.

Jake
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-04-2005, 4:40 PM Reply   
Jake,

I hope you atleast purchased stainless hardware. I would hate to have rust stain my equipment.
Old     (wakeboardwade)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-04-2005, 5:49 PM Reply   
ya, i know exactly what you mean i hate waiting.
Old    jake_mi            04-04-2005, 6:39 PM Reply   
yea i got all stainless. it actually doesnt look bad. i got to get out for a little ride after the long winter. water temp is cold. ice came off friday, I was out sunday with a 3/2 wetsuit. feet were a little cold and the wind was chilly. The air was 55 and it was sunny. feels warm after all that winter freezing weather.

Jake