Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-16-2012, 8:23 AM Reply   
God, Jim Harbaugh is a prick. He is also an insanely good coach.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-16-2012, 9:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
^I think someone is judging the Giants because they dislike them (NY and Dallas being in the NFC East). Giants looked like they were heading towards another mediocre season, but they really stepped it up and won when they needed it. Say what you want about their offense "beating the 32nd ranked defense", but their defense is what is really driving that team. Constant pressure on Rodgers, creating turnovers, and essentially shutting down the Pack. They held a not-too-shabby Falcon offense to zero points. I don't think having Eli as a starting QB is a bad thing. I can think of 16 teams (probably more) in the NFL, that would rather have Eli as compared to their current starter, and the Cowboys are probably one of those 16 teams. Before you start throwing a bunch of Romo stats at me, just answer how many playoff games Romo has won as a starter (doesn't Eli have a SB ring on his finger?).
Saints were better all year than the Giants.Look how the Saints faired.At least 25 teams would rather have BREES over Eli.Look how many WIDE OPEN recievers Rodgers had that dropped balls that were catchable.The Packers were rusty,flat,out of sync.Gore will run wild and Smith,Davis,Crabtree and Ginn will have sucess also.
Old    sperbet            01-16-2012, 11:53 AM Reply   
WHO DAT??!!!

WE DAT!!!!!

I was at the game on Saturday. Holy $#!t, what an amazing experience. 2 more to go....
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-16-2012, 11:53 AM Reply   
The Saints offense is a pass-first offense. There aren't many teams running that style of offense.

"Saints were better all year than the Giants"

Except when it mattered. Saints are at home, Giants are gearing up for the NFC Championship game. Look, I am not a Giants fan. I would rather see the 49ers in the SB, but I have to call a spade a spade. The Giants D-line will cause havoc for Alex Smith. Look for a similar result as the Packers-Giants game.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-16-2012, 2:13 PM Reply   
^^^The Giants D-line didn't cause Packers wide open wide recievers to drop balls right in their hands.But they did let AARON Rodgers run wild on them.Also they let him hit his targets,unfortunately Aaron can't catch his own passes.If the Giants sacked Aaron 7-10 times i would agree they rattled his cage.That wasn't the case.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-17-2012, 11:55 AM Reply   
^4 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, 1 INT, and a number of hurries is not too shabby.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-20-2012, 5:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
^4 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, 1 INT, and a number of hurries is not too shabby.
4 sacks were all in the fourth quarter.We will see if Eli can handle the NINERS DEFENSE.It's supposed to rain,Gore will love it.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-22-2012, 12:51 PM Reply   
Fricken forgot to make my pics for this week.

New England - their tied at three a piece right now so I'm not too late.

San Fran
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-22-2012, 4:48 PM Reply   
Horrible play calling by Harbaugh today. Baltimore should have won easily today. How does rice only have 1 catch today? Pathetic.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-22-2012, 7:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
My Predictions for next week:

NE, Houston, NO, NY

I predicted last night after a few beers that it would be NE and NY in the SB and I'm standing by it.

Looks like I was right.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-23-2012, 5:15 AM Reply   
I'll take the Patriots in the revenge bowl.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-23-2012, 5:39 PM Reply   
wow. great games yesterday. brady gets a gift, alex smith is who we thought he was, eli is elite, and flaco shut up his doubters. billy cundiff and kyle williams should be free agents by next season. bring on revenge bowl!!
question: if Eli wins, is he better than Payton?
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-23-2012, 5:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlamont View Post
question: if Eli wins, is he better than Payton?
Hmm... Don't think so. I mean, take Eli out of the lineup for a season and let's see if the whole program falls apart. That'd be a better litmus test than 1 ring vs 2.

By not playing, Peyton solidified himself as the Colts MVP. Too bad it may end up ultimately costing him his spot.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-23-2012, 5:57 PM Reply   
^i agree, i'd still rather have Peyton under center than Eli but if he wins 2 SBs or 3? Plus yesterday he played great against the best D in the NFC. I don't know if Peyton could give you the same performance at this point.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-23-2012, 6:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlamont View Post
^i agree, i'd still rather have Peyton under center than Eli but if he wins 2 SBs or 3? Plus yesterday he played great against the best D in the NFC. I don't know if Peyton could give you the same performance at this point.
You think Eli played great? He was 32/58 for 316 in almost 5 quarters.Only a measly 2 td's,ALEX Smith threw for 2 td's.No one considers him Elite.Eli had 2 chances in the last 4:00 to win the game and couldn't do it.He didn't even win it it OT.The kicker Tynes did.Wilson fumbled the kickoff at the 25[already in FG range] and the mighty ELITE ELI couldn't even get 2 first downs.The Giants had to settle for a FG.The Giants didn't win the game the 49ers gave it away.Do you think Tom BRADY could have hit all those WIDE OPEN recievers Smith over threw or drove the ball in the ground in front of?We will see how Elite Eli is.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-23-2012, 7:13 PM Reply   
"No one considers him Elite"

are you serious? did you not watch the pats game? did you see how many recievers Brady missed?! Eli wins big games, period, end of story. I hate the giants, but Eli is the real deal. he came back on the cowboys when the giants were dead and buried. did you see the hits Eli took yesterday? he was getting hammered in the 4th quarter, and he still kept getting up and going after it. I dont see the giants making the playoffs, let alone the SB with Curtis Painter, or Dan Orlovsky, or anyother backup who played for the Colts this year. he threw for something like 5000 yards this year. gimme a break. get off your Romo NFC East bias for 2 seconds. it is ok to admit a rival is an elite QB, when he is. I will take 300+ yards passing with 2 td's and no picks against the #1 defense in football all day long.

Last edited by ttrigo; 01-23-2012 at 7:14 PM. Reason: oops
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-24-2012, 6:57 AM Reply   
It's true,

Love him or hate him Eli is a survivor. He isn't great but he wins games when it counts.

As for the match up, Eli's luck will run out in the Superbowl.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-24-2012, 10:35 AM Reply   
I'm not saying Eli is not a "Value"[2nd tier]QB.Just he's not Elite[1st tier]qb.I am saying he did nothing to win that game.49ers punt returner kept the Giants in the game with the muffed punt that hit him in the knee.Then lost the game when he fumble on another return in OT.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-24-2012, 10:35 AM Reply   
9-7 is not Elite QB record.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-24-2012, 11:35 AM Reply   
To me Eli is the same as Big Ben. Not great but does just enough to win the big games.
Is 4-0 in the playoffs with a Superbowl win an Elite QB record?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-24-2012, 12:31 PM Reply   
who are the elite qb's in this league then? aside from Tom Brady, everyone else is either in hawaii, or golfing, or both.
Old    sperbet            01-24-2012, 1:33 PM Reply   
Eli is not elite. If you call him elite then you are opening Pandora's box. There are 3-4 other QBS with similar production. Rivers, Romo, Roethlesberger, etc. Is he very good? Sure. Elite? No. He didn't do much to win the game on Sunday. The 9ers gave it to him. If they win are we even having this discussion again?

Elite is the best of the best, hence the term elite. This is really an easy debate. There are 3 elite QBs in the NFL , not counting the other Manning. That's it, 3. I don't think I need to list them off because you all know you they are. Hence, elite.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-24-2012, 2:47 PM Reply   
Rodgers,Brady,Brees and the Manning that didn't play this year,Peyton.That's four Elite QB's
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-24-2012, 5:02 PM Reply   
and where are rodgers and brees? one got beat by Eli, and one got beat by the guy Eli just beat. at some point, he HAS to be included in that conversation.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-24-2012, 6:35 PM Reply   
He was. A also ran.Using your logic Rex Grossman is Elite.He beat Eli twice.Your man Smith beat him in the regular season along with Rodgers,Brees,Vick Alex Smith and T. Jackson.Matthew Stafford threw for more yards and had more Wins 10 during the regular season.Elite means you carry your team and you produce points.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-25-2012, 1:35 PM Reply   
so when Eli wins another SB, are you going to then start discussing him as an elite, or are you just giong to say he did enough not to lose the game or something? Eli has a great defensive team, but his running game has been almost non existent this year. you could really compare Stafford and Manning this year, as they basically had to win by passing. both threw for an assload of yards, but one of those guys is now in the SB for the 2nd time.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-25-2012, 4:28 PM Reply   
And the QB he's facing has been in the superbowl 3 more times.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-30-2012, 5:25 PM Reply   
This is it, the last weekend of the NFL and the closing week of another smack talking thread. I'm picking Brady to take it. All I really care about is that the game is close enough to stay interesting. I've enjoyed screwing with and getting screwed with by everyone and I'm gonna miss flinging poo with all of you for the next six months. Hope everyone has a great Super Bowl Sunday. I'll be back and ready for my team to take their rightful position atop the NFL (hopefully with Payton) in 2012.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-31-2012, 3:30 AM Reply   
No dog in the fight. I'm picking the Giants to win on Sunday and I'm predicting that Robert will be on here Monday calling Eli a bum.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-31-2012, 4:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
No dog in the fight. I'm picking the Giants to win on Sunday and I'm predicting that Robert will be on here Monday calling Eli a bum.
Technically he's a rich bum.But i would call him lucky as in the 49ers game he didn't win.It was handed to him.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-03-2012, 2:20 PM Reply   
Giants 44, Patriots 38.
Lots of yards in the air from both teams in this game. Cruz and Nicks will be running all over the secondary of the Pats.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-05-2012, 7:55 PM Reply   
I was well off on the score, but I had the right team winning. surprised the Pats Defense gave up less than 300 yards in the air.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-06-2012, 5:07 AM Reply   
Eli Manning: Super Bowl MVP. Wonder where Robert is today???
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-06-2012, 6:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Eli Manning: Super Bowl MVP. Wonder where Robert is today???
I had a dentist appointment.Good thing they were able to remove all the crow residue.LOL For the record i still don't think Eli is elite.His recievers bailed him out and made spetacular catches.Unlike Bradys recievers who dropped balls right in both of their hands.The Giants made plays when they had to and the Patriots did not.Those are the "FACTS".Look at the stats and they will show just what i stated.EOS
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-06-2012, 7:19 AM Reply   
I love the fact that Belicheat and the obnoxious Patriots fans lost.
I hope that the division rival Giants' win wakes Jerry Jones up to the fact that he needs a new GM
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-06-2012, 7:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
I love the fact that Belicheat and the obnoxious Patriots fans lost.
I hope that the division rival Giants' win wakes Jerry Jones up to the fact that he needs a new GM
The Patriots fans didn't lose,but the players who played for Bill did.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-06-2012, 7:52 AM Reply   
Brady threw numerous passes behind recievers, and on their back shoulders.not necessarily catches the recievers should drop, but not good passes by any stretch of the imagination. Eli made a few very good throws when it mattered most.
I do hope jerry jones makes some changes this offseason. The biggest change would be to fire his own ass as gm.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-06-2012, 11:52 AM Reply   
I heard Jerry was ready to hire Coughlin for 10 million a season.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-06-2012, 12:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
I heard Jerry was ready to hire Coughlin for 10 million a season.
Coughlin will probably retire.Jerry will ,unfortunately, still be Jerry the all knowing G.M.