Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old     (klp_ca)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-27-2008, 7:10 PM Reply   
whats the wake scene like in Portland, OR, place to ride
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-27-2008, 7:32 PM Reply   
Very good, good riders and the river is endless.
Old     (klp_ca)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-27-2008, 8:17 PM Reply   
any schools or camps in or around Portland
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-27-2008, 8:39 PM Reply   
Active Water Sports runs a wake school at Kopert Lake in Washington about an hour north of Portland, and Elevate Wakeboard camp in Bend Oregon about 3 hours south east of Portland.
Old     (drewsmug)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-28-2008, 1:33 PM Reply   
The Willamette river is the greatest place in the world to ride. The scene is still fairly quiet and the water is always glass. The river is wide and deep and the scenery provides some of the most beautiful backdrops in the country. Plus you have the laid back chill vibe floating around everywhere you go. I grew up there but my family just moved this last summer. I say take every advantage you get to ride in Oregon..
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-28-2008, 5:41 PM Reply   
Couple shots of the Willamette river that Andrew spoke about.

Upload

Upload

Upload
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-28-2008, 5:45 PM Reply   
Randy- Is that Mikes boat?
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-28-2008, 6:01 PM Reply   
Tyler, no but looks just like his, we were riding behind Mike's boat and this guy just cruzed up when we were changing riders. Mike's wake is so big, I talked to him at the Portland show and he just plumb in even more sacks!!! It's going to be scary big.
Old     (bstphen24)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-28-2008, 6:31 PM Reply   
That star belongs to a guy named Travis. He lives in Corvallis and rides at Green Peter all the time. I met him from a friend of mine that baught his old boat. I actually blew my knee out in august behind that damn thing. He has the extra sacs plumbed in as well. He is always down to give people a pull and I have met many people from him.
Old     (waketherainbow)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-28-2008, 6:36 PM Reply   
Does anyone ride around the Eugene area? I go to school at the university of oregon, and am looking forward to some riding weather!
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       02-28-2008, 6:46 PM Reply   
Check out pdxwake.com good people over there.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-28-2008, 7:07 PM Reply   
Tom, there is a pretty good group of core riders out of Springfield, Dan Klopp and his crew ride a lot.
Old     (klp_ca)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-28-2008, 7:29 PM Reply   
when does he Willamette river become unrideable (to shallow, narow, etc)
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-28-2008, 7:41 PM Reply   
Never, unless the Oregon State Marine Board decides to ban wakeboard boats on the Upper Willy in the near future. Seriously, something is on the table right now. Most parts of the Willy are always rideable. Just got to watch for the dead heads....People are good at marking them once they've been discovered:-)
Old     (hart_keene)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-03-2008, 11:08 AM Reply   
Whats up guys!!!! Hey Randy! I have just got on here and I live in Eugene. I sell boats for Staff Jennings and I used to compete(that is how I know Randy and his ripping offspring Alex).

I also blew out my knee about 14 months(sorry bstphen) ago and have gone through the surgery and tons of rehab. I have been snowboarding this year and just bought a new Supreme V208(one of the companies I sell) so I will be tearing up Oregon this year!

I am part of the Dan Klopp "crew" Randy referred to and we have a few trips planned to Shasta and other spots in Oregon. Hit me up if you guys are down in my area!
Old     (flying_fro)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-03-2008, 11:25 AM Reply   
Hey whats up Hart? I live in Eugene and go to the University of Oregon and am always looking for a pull. im good for gas and i can drivee too. let me know if you ever need someone.

Tom- I go to the U of O also. I joined the wakeboard/waterski club and we are trying to do some events and we have some riding connections. you should join the club and ride with us.
Old     (hart_keene)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-03-2008, 11:36 AM Reply   
What up Gabe! It would be cool to have people out who understand that boats run on gas, what a novel idea eh? Hit me up as the weather gets warmer or stop in here at Staff Jennings to say what up. I'll give ya a copy of the latest Alliance mag.
Old     (waketherainbow)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-03-2008, 2:04 PM Reply   
Hart, I am definitely looking to ride once people start going. I m not sure how many long trips I'll be able to take because of school, but any one day sessions would be awesome!

Gabe, that would be awesome to ride with some guys around campus. I heard about the wakeboard club on campus, but never found too much out about it.
Old     (hart_keene)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-03-2008, 2:30 PM Reply   
I should be rockin in a couple weeks. You boys like shrinkage? lol BTW, I do wear shorts over my wetsuit! You don't want to have to explain the cold water thing to the girls...Remember that episode of Seinfeld?
Old     (flying_fro)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-03-2008, 4:02 PM Reply   
Hart- haha i know what you mean with the gas. I think I am going to try to head down to the shop later this week like thursday or friday so maybe ill see you then.

Tom- I think we are having a meeting coming up soon. when i figure it out ill let you know
Old     (waketherainbow)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-03-2008, 4:15 PM Reply   
Hart, I'm from rapid city, SD so no complaints on cold water from me if your ever looking for a third. (My family also has a centurion back home, so I also understand boats run on gas and know how to drive.)

Gabe, that would be awesome if you could give me a heads up on the meeting.
Old     (hart_keene)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-03-2008, 5:01 PM Reply   
Cool guys, well make sure to stop in and see me sometime or drop me a line on here. Just let me know who the hell you are if you stop in at the shop!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-03-2008, 5:36 PM Reply   
Hart are you doing free magic tricks for anyone who stops in Next time I see you I will show you one I learn from Shapiro, it's so sick.
Old     (hart_keene)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-04-2008, 8:21 AM Reply   
LOL. Shapiro does magic?? I thought I was the only wakeboarding magi....

Make sure to come out to the Staff Jennings Demo day on June 8th. We have 4 Supremes out at Fern Ridge pulling people all day, free food, live band, and Scott Sims from Hyperlite will be there so you can try all the new gear. Also, A TON OF FREE SWAG! Seriously, every person who came last year got something. Even if you dont, free food and riding should get you stoked. Mark your calendars boys...