Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 01, 2004

Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-16-2004, 8:12 AM Reply   
Does anybody know or have a link to all the specs and materials they use for the sliders and kickers they use on the tour?
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-16-2004, 4:25 PM Reply   
I don't know that they are public, but the sliders used on the tour aren't normal sliders anyway since they are built to be towed around the country. Heavy duty frame with wheels and remote controlled hydraulics - not exactly what you need for your local lake.
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-16-2004, 7:00 PM Reply   
Actually, what I wanted to know most was the height, width, length, angles, and surface materials. Believe it or not, I'm not too interested in the structural aspects of parking a Ford Ranger in the A-Frame. Does anybody know the basic info?
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       04-20-2004, 7:39 AM Reply   
I just talked to the people at OWC and they use 3/4" HDPE (high density polyethelene) for all thier stuff, it slides real nice and doesn't damage boards too bad(3 days there and no bad wear on mine)

Hope this help
Old     (olddude)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-20-2004, 7:58 AM Reply   
This is what I got from Peter Fleck for the a-frame

21 foot flat with 15 foot ramps and 24" ollies
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-20-2004, 12:27 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. Do you know how high off the water the flat part of the A-frame is? Also how high is the flatbar and what is the length and height of the rainbow?
Old     (sean_obrien)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-20-2004, 2:04 PM Reply   
I'm pretty sure that the flat bar is about 50 ft long and it is approximately waist high.
Old     (tigerblp)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-21-2004, 2:41 PM Reply   
check out the article in one of the last 2 wakeboarding mags with pat panakos from the projects. he builds some of the safest sliders ever, and he builds them for the pro tour and other events too.