Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-07-2008, 7:10 PM Reply   
what do you guys this of the tower on the new tige's?
my dad hates it with a burning passion. i think its the best looking tower on the market. what do you guys think?
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-07-2008, 7:14 PM Reply   
i think it looks good on the smaller boats like the Z1 but on the bigger boats like the RZ2 and especially the RZ4 the tower looks too small for that moose of a boat
I ride an 07 tige RZ2 and i like that tower soooo much more
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-07-2008, 7:17 PM Reply   
alright tom. we where going to buy an 07 rz2. and i thought the towers where to .... "plain" nothing insane. looks kind of aftermarket in my oppinion. i havnt actually seen the new tower. so i dont know how it looks on the rz's
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-07-2008, 7:21 PM Reply   
i like the idea of the idea i just think the boat is too big and they didnt make the tower any bigger which makes it look wrong
i think if you want a tower like that then get a malibu, because a brand new tower concept like that is bound to have problems, and malibu has had since 05 to perfect their design
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-07-2008, 7:23 PM Reply   
we checked out malibu. and we are all really tall. my dad is 6'6 and im 6'2 and we hit our heads on the tower. and we want speakers. so the tower on the malibu is what made us decide not to go with them. and my old man hates the look of all the metal on the master craft. and the centurions have a horrible layout inside in my oppinion. i like the tige's the most . out of all their features. and good point about the new concept though. thanks for your input.
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-07-2008, 7:28 PM Reply   
well the older tige tower from the 07s and 08s are great, theyre really easy to handle, plus theyre nice and high (i have to stand on my tippy toes to reach it and im 5'8), we have never had any problems with the tige, and the wake is awesome.
I would think that the new tige towers would be as low as the malibus, but i really dont know. Look into it im sure youll make a good decision. If you have any more question about the RZ2 ill be happy to help
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-07-2008, 7:31 PM Reply   
actually i do have a question about the rz2. i know it has option ballast. did you get it? and if so. what do you set your taps system at and how about the ballast?
i LOVE LOVE LOVE to do board and lipslides. i do them all the time. so the sharper the top of the wake is. the more i like it. how is it on the tige?
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-07-2008, 7:38 PM Reply   
Well we bought the boat from tino santori when he got his 08 and he took the ballast with him so the boat wasnt weighted when we got it, but we stuck 1650lbs of fat sacs in there.
With 450 in each locker in the back and then a 750 in the walkway the wake just gets lippier and lippier as you up the taps. At 8 its awesome for lipslides and boardslides, but i prefer a rampier wake for wake to wake moves so i usually put it between 4 and 5...but for warming up i put the taps at 8, because its a great wall for slayshes, and for lipslides and stuff.
Just play around with the ballast and the taps to find where you like it..the wake was always good but once i found my sweet spot it just felt like the wake was custom tuned to exactly how i want it...it took me maybe 3 sets to find where i wanted so its not hard.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-07-2008, 7:41 PM Reply   
alright. thats pretty tight. im riding behind a 23 foot sea ray I/O so its not your ideal v drive. but it throws a decent wake when its trimmed out right. im just trying to convince my old man to let me fill the center ski comartment with fat sacs. i could fit around 1200 lbs just in the center. its so big its rediculous
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-07-2008, 7:46 PM Reply   
yeah that should be cool, i used to ride behind a 17 foot bayliner F17, once you try out the tige wake you'll never want to go back.
I think that for the price (around the same as an RZ2) and what it sounds like you want in a boat you should consider a Nautique 210, a supra 22SSV, and of course the tige itself.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-07-2008, 7:51 PM Reply   
we havnt looked at the nautique or supras.

id love the tige. but my dad doesnt want a new boat anyways. the searay is on 05. and it perfect shape. we just got the stereo and everything in it. so we are set for now. plus we take it in the ocean to fish. so a v drive wouldnt cut the chop to wellUpload
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-07-2008, 7:54 PM Reply   
oh yeah definitely not...yeah thats not bad..it may be an I/O but its huge and weighted down some so im sure the wake is pretty good
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-07-2008, 7:58 PM Reply   
no fuel or gear in it. it weighs over 5000 lbs. and there is tons of room in it. the wake isnt the tallest. but normally only 3 or 4 of us go. but its really steep and the top is pretty rampy
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-07-2008, 8:00 PM Reply   
dang thats heavy, the tige only weighs 4150 dry..what level of riding are you at?
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-07-2008, 8:05 PM Reply   
ehh. my friends say im like the greatest thing ever. haha. but they are pretty bad. i can back roll, tantrum. hs spins up to 540. only ts 180. i can raley like a 3rd of the time. im not very consistant though. i dont have anything really dialed down. and i never get alot of pop. on inverts my head is like a foot from the water. and half my tricks look like i barely land them.. so i dont really know what i would consider myself. how about you?

(Message edited by lfrider92 on November 07, 2008)
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-07-2008, 9:00 PM Reply   
david i really wouldnt say you can land 540s if your asking for advise on how to pop and from your myspace pics it really looks like you cant do any of what you just said
not to bash you or anything its just my opinion on what ive seen
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-08-2008, 8:55 AM Reply   
if you also read what i said. it looks like im not going to land any of my tricks. i see what your saying. but it looks like im going to eat crap on pretty much all of the tricks i do because i dont get alot of pop
Old     (summersun)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-09-2008, 1:06 PM Reply   
I think Tige and Nautique traditionaly have had the ugliest towers but of latte Tige has really upped their game. Love the new tower Tige is putting out. Still think the illusion tower from Malibu is the nicest looking out there.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-09-2008, 1:21 PM Reply   
David, the Tige dealer in Seattle has 2 07 RZ2's left over from the previous dealer. One has ballast and one doesn't. They are selling for good prices I think.

http://www.sportboatnorthwest.com/
Old     (summersun)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-09-2008, 3:08 PM Reply   
If I were buying a new boat, I think I would either go with a Bu 247 or the Tige RZ4 love those boats. If I could afford it of course
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       11-09-2008, 5:33 PM Reply   
Tige has pretty much 3 different towers available.

The Alpha Z is the tower that is the newest and it has just 2 mounting points that are very wide, exactly like the Illusion from Malibu. It is very solid. The height on an RZ2 is just over 6 feet or so. The construction of the tower is pretty simple, so there really is not going to be a 'learning curve' on the build of it as someone said above, IMHO. They have yet to figure out any rotating board racks for it, that I know of. I am sure they are coming soon. The bimini mounts just like the illusion and is very stable as well.

The E tower is the standard tower and is very tall. I can stand under it with speakers and at 6'9", I still don't hit my head. It comes with rotating board racks and the whole deal. Great tower, very solid and looks nice. Pretty easy to put up and down.

The Z tower looks the best, IMO. It is also very tall. The racks rotate and it is also very solid. The bimini is very cool and it is very large. The 3 inch tubing is the shizzle. Z tower gets my vote. It is difficult to put up and down, so might not be a great tower if you have to lower it every trip.

(Message edited by talltigeguy on November 09, 2008)
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-10-2008, 8:11 AM Reply   
Tall Tige you buy yet?
Old     (jujube)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-10-2008, 11:32 AM Reply   
I've been on an RZ4 with the new Tige tower! It's solid as a rock and looks great! A great feature is that it collapses easy.

Tige just added new video on their website (under the "on the water section") that shows the tower features and collapsing the tower.

Check it out:
http://tigecinema.com/cinema.php#
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       11-10-2008, 12:50 PM Reply   
Tampa,

I am still boatless...saving money for new or waiting for just the perfect used one to come around.