Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (naptownwake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-05-2011, 7:30 AM Reply   
I've got the boat, just need some peeps with similar schedules as myself.

I'm looking to do weekday mornings and evenings on Morse Resivoir.

Preferably people with drysuits, as I don't want to wait around til May to get going!
Old     (Coach09)      Join Date: Oct 2010       01-05-2011, 8:32 AM Reply   
I'd be game. Just got back into it last season and got hooked again. You surf, wakeboard, both? Let 's stay in touch. I'll PM you my contact info...
Old     (watersun)      Join Date: Jun 2009       01-05-2011, 8:40 AM Reply   
Hey man, I can't make it to Indy during the week because I live north of you 1.5 hours just south of Fort Wayne. But, if you ever want a place to ride on the weekends, we have a couple reservoirs up here that are pretty good until about 12 or 1 on the weekends. I am always looking for new people to ride with!

Also, I love your boat! I had a '97 Super Sport in which I basically converted to a Super Air until I recently sold it and bought a 2008 SAN 210. I had my old boat pretty dialed with ballast, perfect pass, etc, so if you need any help with anything, don't be afraid to ask.

Anyways, hit me up if you want to try and ride together sometime. We usually start early to mid April as I don't own a drysuit.
Old    ScottRobinson            01-07-2011, 8:59 AM Reply   
Hey guys, I too don't own a wetsuit so I don't start till water is .... well... doable. I am in Kokomo and go to Mississenawa Res. Have a very flex schedule and love to surf and board. 2011 Epic 23V sitting in barn just itching to get out when weather breaks.
Old     (naptownwake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-07-2011, 2:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottRobinson View Post
Hey guys, I too don't own a wetsuit so I don't start till water is .... well... doable. I am in Kokomo and go to Mississenawa Res. Have a very flex schedule and love to surf and board. 2011 Epic 23V sitting in barn just itching to get out when weather breaks.

Scott!

click here: http://www.boardco.com/shopexd.asp?id=10721

this is the one I have and it's the best 300 some I've spent on the sport. extend every season by about 2 months! plus, off season = no boats = glass every day!

let's definitely get up this season, sorry I wasn't able to last season. my new schedule is way, way more flexible now!
Old     (naptownwake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-10-2011, 8:16 AM Reply   
To all that have replied to this, seeing as everyone seems to have different "home" riding spots this is what I'm hoping to accomplish (just an example, not set in stone):

Monday and Friday - go out early morning, and then come back the same evening on Morse.

Tuesday through Thursday - early mornings OR evenings on Morse

Weekends - Mississinewa, salamonie, etc. Definitely NOT morse or Geist on the weekends!

I'm also open to riding the river in broadripple...but I've heard horror stories about prop/shaft incidents due to depth so I'd need someone who has driven a boat there many times before at different water levels.

Feel free to post your ideal schedules as well...this will give us a much better idea of what can be done.
Old     (naptownwake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-03-2011, 7:59 AM Reply   
great initial response...I'd feel better about getting a couple more takers as we get closer to March.

i KNOW there are some more naptown destroyers on this site...

Maybe people will start to think more about wakeboarding after the inch of ice on our cars melt...
Old     (ripplewake)      Join Date: Jun 2010       02-04-2011, 7:32 AM Reply   
Jack,

I might be able to go once or twice a week in the morning. I just have to get back to open the shop by 11. We order drysuits in all the time if you know anyone who needs one by the way.

Brad
Old     (naptownwake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-28-2011, 10:23 AM Reply   
haha, brad...I should have just asked you when I was at the shop a couple weeks back!

I'm the same jack that bought the LF witness and had to bring back the board bag that it came in...also asked you if you needed help w/ a website.

anyhow, I'm hoping to be done before 11 as well. I'll call the shop or drop by as the weather starts to turn.

PS, anyone viewing this thread that has NOT been to ripple surf in Broad Ripple is mising out. tons of great gear...good prices too. Brad's dog is crazy, though..jk.
Old     (naptownwake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-16-2011, 10:41 AM Reply   
I'm tweaking my ballast system, heading out for a snowboard trip next week, then getting into full on spring riding mode after I get back.

I wanted to be up and running by now, but oh well.

Has anyone been out yet?
Old    ScottRobinson            03-22-2011, 9:35 AM Reply   
Hit 70 yesterday wondered if anyone was out yet as well. I don't even have the boat out of the barn yet and haven't started to get her ready for the spring. Figure after Spring Break will do that and head to the lake for at least a few rides. Kids will love it! Cold water...not!!
Old     (watersun)      Join Date: Jun 2009       03-22-2011, 4:44 PM Reply   
I haven't been out yet, but I've been to the boat and everything is almost ready to go here. It looks like we're getting another cold spell, but hopefully it won't last long. We've usually been out by the 2nd week of April...hoping for the same this year and then we will be hitting it hard thru next October/November.
Old     (naptownwake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-04-2011, 11:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by watersun View Post
I haven't been out yet, but I've been to the boat and everything is almost ready to go here. It looks like we're getting another cold spell, but hopefully it won't last long. We've usually been out by the 2nd week of April...hoping for the same this year and then we will be hitting it hard thru next October/November.
no doubt..we can get warm days, but it just doesn't stick! I still have some tinkering to do on the boat, but I'm looking to get going SOON!
Old     (naptownwake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-11-2011, 8:54 AM Reply   
UPDATE: my boat will not be ready to launch for another week!

has anyone else been out yet?
Old     (watersun)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-11-2011, 5:14 PM Reply   
I wanted to get out so bad, but the 20-30mph winds put a damper on things and we didn't think it would be worth it.
Old     (naptownwake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-20-2011, 1:54 PM Reply   
I know it's super late notice, but anyone down for a morning session tomorrow on morse?

7 am or so?
Old     (naptownwake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-26-2011, 11:24 AM Reply   
tomorrow. morse. mid day. takers?
Old     (watersun)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-26-2011, 5:14 PM Reply   
Jack,

Sent you a PM about possibly riding in a couple weeks. Do you think it will be decent on Morse tomorrow being that it's the start of a holiday weekend? I actually have the day off and would tell you to come up here, but our reservoirs are all flooded!
Old     (Dmcastino)      Join Date: Sep 2010       09-27-2011, 11:21 AM Reply   
I'm bummed I just saw this, my buddies and I live on Morse, we are either usually out there or easily convinced to be out there haha, but now I'm back at IU for school! Keep an eye out for us in the future though, were usually on a 2004 Response LXI, bright yellow with a chrome tower.
Old     (Dman726749)      Join Date: May 2012       05-30-2012, 2:38 PM Reply   
Looking for a pull in Indy! or a crew for my crappy rinker without a tower or ballast

I am good for money and can drive a boat/truck&trailer

I am a teacher so starting monday I am game for weekdays mornings and evenings most of the time. My wife also rides and is a nurse so her schedule also accomidates this type of riding!