Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (TRey19)      Join Date: Sep 2013       05-11-2014, 8:44 AM Reply   
Found this boat

http://brainerd.craigslist.org/bod/4419561344.html

I know the seller and think I can get a deal on it. I don't know much about these boats and don't know anyone that rides behind them. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks
Old     (cedarcreek216V)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-11-2014, 8:00 PM Reply   
We had the exact boat until this season. We lived the boat for everything it does. The layout is great, walk through is awesome and ride is great with the deeper V. The only thing we struggled with was the surf setup. It surfs well once you fill up all the bags. There is not enough room in storage compartments to plumb a lot if weight in so we had to manually fill everything.

Buy it, you will not be disappointed in the wakeboard wake at all.
Old     (TRey19)      Join Date: Sep 2013       05-11-2014, 10:25 PM Reply   
Thanks it's definitely one of the front runners in our search. I just don't know anyone who has ridden behind it. How much extra weight do you use to surf it?
Old     (cedarcreek216V)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-12-2014, 5:01 AM Reply   
The walkthrough transom is a great feature, but limited the hidden weight while surfing but here is how we surfed it, regular or port side set up:

stock port and belly full, Starboard about 1/4-1/2 full depending on people weight, 400 lb sac in rear storage full, 400 lb sac in walkthrough full and 300 lb sac full in bow on surf side. All the people weight in the boat we evenly distributed along the port side bench. Hydrogate was always pulled back.

This boat really like front weight from what we experienced. We did not have a massively tall wave but it was real nicely shaped and had a nice long pocket. I'm sure you can raise the heigh and the expense of the length by moving some front weight to the rear. Go to planetnautique.com and do a search. There is another guy on there that puts a 1000 bag in the walkthrough that had pretty good results. The surf wave is definitely the least attractive wave of the three sport waves it puts out. The ski bump is nice at speed and the wakeboard wake is real nice.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-12-2014, 7:44 AM Reply   
I always loved he layout of the 216 and what I wanted was a good wakeboarding boat that was skiable. I was never behind the 216 but was told the 210 had the same slalom wake at 34 to 36 if not better and of course we know the 210's wakeboarding wake is excellent. Maybe that is why the 216 never sold and was discontinued. At the right price its probably a winner unless you a die hard surfer.