Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    rgillar            06-13-2003, 4:33 PM Reply   
Most of the time when we go out, my son brings freinds along who want to learn to wakeboard. Rather than lending them out boards, I am going to pick up a "guest" board....probably something in the 134-136 range. Any suggestions on a good training board, easy to get up on, fairly good control. I'm leaning towards an older belmont, but would appreciate some serious insight.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-13-2003, 4:46 PM Reply   
Thats a good idea... I hate lending my board to just anybody to ride... They could stretch out the bindings..etc.. basically added wear and tear on your baby!
I would find something used around 137ish (depending on your avg size of your guest) Also I think I would stick with a beginner board, most people who are advance would bring their own board.. You could even go with a hyperlite fluid (pretty cheap) liuid force Search... those are cheaper and more beginner style
Old     (sae4life)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-13-2003, 5:08 PM Reply   
Get something with big fins like 2.0+. It will make the board stable when they get up and continous rocker makes it easier to do anything over 3stage. Also binding that are multi sixe is nice. My guest booard is a 2000ish LF squirt w/ pro suction bindings. The bindings aren't one size fits all but with all the straps and junk they cinch down to anyones foot.
Old    rgillar            06-13-2003, 5:57 PM Reply   
Thats a good idea about the fins, didn't think about that.
Old    reefhunter            06-13-2003, 9:59 PM Reply   
An older belmont would be perfect.

(Message edited by reefhunter on June 13, 2003)
Old    lindsayl            06-14-2003, 9:08 AM Reply   
An LF Rhythm or Evo would work
Old    walt            06-14-2003, 9:12 AM Reply   
Try a Hyperlite Motive
Old    sickboy            06-16-2003, 9:07 AM Reply   
I have an older 140 Belmont with some 30/60's that I use as a loaner board.