Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-01-2006, 8:12 AM Reply   
I'm pretty sure that I'll get this sometime soon, but any tips appreciated. I think I just need to bend at the waist more on the landing - it looks like I start off fine, but when I'm getting close to coming down, I straighten out instead of keeping my weight over my toes.

Tips appreciated.

And by the way, can I take this to a 3 just by pulling harder on the handle? I really feel like I'm stalling out the rotation bigtime to keep this at a 180 instead of more.

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php/2nd-backside-180_wakeboarding-photos.html?medid=20030

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php/backside-180_wakeboarding-photos.html?medid=20031

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php/3rd-backside-180_wakeboarding-photos.html?medid=20032

thanks!
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-01-2006, 8:18 AM Reply   
I just noticed that the first link takes a while to load. I didn't edit the video at all so there's so standing around in the beginning of that one...
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-01-2006, 8:41 AM Reply   
Try to get your weight more over your toes on the landing. Also it looks like you're almost bouncing on the landing...try to anticipate the landing more and absorb it with your legs. You're getting very close! Waiting longer to pass the handle could also help you from over-rotating. Good luck!
Old                09-01-2006, 11:01 AM Reply   
Do it very late it will prevent you from over rotating.
Load more your front foot so the landing will be on both feet and not back heavy.
Good luck, you are almost.
Old    alanp            09-01-2006, 8:07 PM Reply   
i think keep everything you have the exact same. youre just overrotating a little. keep you eyes and head focused on a wake behind you. its a little weird at first but you should land it no problem once you do this. youre just overrotating slightly. simple fix. to turn the three just pull the handle longer and harder. i initiate my first 180(the backside on the way up near the top of the jump) and the other 180 on the way down.
good job youre just about there
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-01-2006, 9:28 PM Reply   
thanks for the encouragement Alan. I'm riding tomorrow so I'll try a few more and do the looking behind me thing. If I land it, I'll try for the bs 3 and see how it goes. I really feel like I'm going suuuppper slow on the 180, so maybe the 3 will be easy.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-03-2006, 3:11 PM Reply   
I only tried 1 backside 180 yesterday and did the same thing as above. I'll give them another shot later this week.
Old    alanp            09-04-2006, 12:25 PM Reply   
david can you do them one wake? if not try to that. its very hard to overrotate a one wake bs 180 b/c there isnt enough time to overrotate. i usually always spin a bs 180 when the boat is pulling me up.
id recommend a couple bs 180s from inside to outside then a couple from outside to inside(one wake) and then immediately go for the wake to wake.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-04-2006, 9:47 PM Reply   
I can do them inside to outside, but have never tried them 1 wake (outside to inside). I usually take a LONG time to work toward doing new tricks, but since I've been doing ollie bs 180s and nice bs 180s off double up rollers, I think I'm going to keep trying for them wake to wake. Thanks again for the tips though Alan. I'll update when I try a few more times. I think I'm pretty close. Might even go for the bs 3 if I'm feeling lucky.
Old     (santa)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-05-2006, 6:28 AM Reply   
I used to have the same problem on regular 180's. Someone told me to try landing on the slope of the 2nd wake, as opposed to the through or the flat which makes for bouncy/slippery landings. That settled my problem immediately.

Good Luck!