Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-04-2004, 7:03 AM Reply   
This last weekend, I was down at the beach (myrtle Beach) with one of my best friends and right outside my dock (lake Norman NC) was the annual raft up. this has been an event where boats string together to beat the world record of most boats joined together. this year the count was at 1,400+ up from last years 944. tradgedy struck and my best friends older brother who I also am good friends with drowned. he was 25 years old and a seasoned boater and rider. I have no doubt in my mind that had we been in town would've been tied up next to him. story is he dove down after a camera in 50-60 feet of water. he came up once and then went down again. he never came back up. anyways I was out on the lake grieving with his brother and thought it would be a good idea to ride his board for ol times sake. this is where my question comes in.... it is an older badass shape with small molded fins and seems to be within the range of 135-137. the board is all blue on top and has a demented looking devil type dude with horns driving a car on the tail. I think it has similar graphics on the bottom as well. If anyone knows where I can find info on the board it would be greatly helpful. the board is superb in every aspect in my opinion and would like to know more. Zack Dancy's body is still missing and has been since saturday around 5. their have been cop boats, coast guard, and helicopters constantly in my cove and surrounding bays. it is sooooo depressing that this could happen to anyone of us at any given time!
DMC represent
Old    crowe            08-04-2004, 7:08 AM Reply   
Sorry to hear that man. I hope you and your friends family are doing okay.

~DMC~
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-04-2004, 7:22 AM Reply   
here is a link to a news release from last sunday.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=406&ncid=406&e=16&u=/krcharlotte/20040802/lo_krcharlotte/boaterlostafterraftupidentified

here is another crazy link to something not related but kinda http://www.wsoctv.com/news/3608336/detail.htmlcrazy none the less

(Message edited by hymaeringo on August 04, 2004)
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-04-2004, 7:26 AM Reply   
On behalf of the DMC Crew we would like to pass our condolences.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-04-2004, 7:28 AM Reply   
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=406&ncid=406&e=16&u=/krcharlotte/20040802/lo_krcharlotte/boaterlostafterraftupidentified

maybe this one will work!
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-04-2004, 7:32 AM Reply   
man that guy was only trying to save his camera. i totally understand he didn't want to lose it cause its like if you dropped your cell phone in the water. Their is nothing really you can do because chances are its already ruined but your first instict is to jump in the water to go find it and possibly save it.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-04-2004, 7:33 AM Reply   
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/3608336/detail.html

I am a damn retard this morning
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-04-2004, 7:35 AM Reply   
it was someone elses! it was more of the been drinking all day and had something to prove in front of the ladies i think. as soon as those things hit water it is worthless
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-04-2004, 7:38 AM Reply   
Ringo, thats a 141 board. Suited for an adult over 180 lbs

We are so sorry about your friend. We understand loss and my heart hurts for you.

May the Lord comfort you and your friends family in this difficult time. I will keep you all in my prayers.
robyn valdez

(Message edited by teamvaldez on August 04, 2004)
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-04-2004, 7:41 AM Reply   
really
it seemed sooo much smaller
It had a 3 stage and tracked great, had good pop and was real fun and loose when u wanted it to be.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-04-2004, 7:44 AM Reply   
"dude,.......where's your boat?"
"dude, I don't know"
"dude,.........where's my boat?"
"dude,...where's your boat?"
"dude.... I don't know!"
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-04-2004, 7:45 AM Reply   
I hope he didn't have too much beer left on it when someone ganked it or I would be real pissed
Old     (vertproductions)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-04-2004, 8:14 AM Reply   
that mold is pressed by gatorboards now and it comes in a 135 (caddy) and 141 (Gator 141)

Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-04-2004, 8:18 AM Reply   
itis such a sweet shape!
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-04-2004, 10:03 AM Reply   
I'm really sorry to hear about that Ringo. Keep your head up Bro.
Old     (waketac)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-04-2004, 10:24 AM Reply   
Hi, I feel really sorry for You, his brother and his family and friends.

The board is a 2000 135 BADASS, I had it in 141, one of the best boards ever. It's shape has been identically put onto the first Hyperlite Premiers. So it's one of the real classic. Only downput is that it breaks quiet often, and i'm talking about two pieces.
Still You should ride it, You can still hang it on the wall when itīs broken. It's meant to be riden.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-05-2004, 9:41 AM Reply   
yeah its not my board but I would still like to keep riding it to keep the spirit alive. I know it may sound corny but if I passed I would not want my board sitting in the garage gathering dust and cobwebs but rather be out getting rode, bringing joy, fun, and memories to all those it influences.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-05-2004, 9:45 AM Reply   
one of my friends dad has refused to stop looking and has assisted in the search since saturday and he found the body this morning (thurs). at least they can finally bring closure to this horrible event. They havn't even released it to the news yet.
Old    byerly137pro            08-05-2004, 10:03 AM Reply   
Wow man thats some sad stuff. I think its great that your riding the board though, I know I would want my friendds to remember me. This sounds like one of those corny movie screen plays where a young boy uses a dead mans wakeboard and the dead guys angel makes him a wicked rider.
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       08-05-2004, 10:08 AM Reply   
That really sucks man. I feel for ya and send my condolences to you and your buddies family.
Old     (jimmyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-06-2004, 1:13 AM Reply   
The board sounds like it is a 2000 BadAss Rampage 141

http://www.wakeworld.com/BoardGuide/getboard2.asp?boardid=552

It's what I still ride to this day even though I've had it for getting on 5 years now!!!!! Awesome board

condolences to all involved in this tragedy