Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-19-2007, 8:44 PM Reply   
Hey guys it is well document about the problems their racks are/were having with the 3 pin system. Mine started having the same problem recently come un pinned and rotating around, I lubbed them up, WD-40 and they just didn't won't to work the same as they once did. I called and they are going to replace them but with the solid push pin style. My question is has anybody had any problems with this style yet?
Old     (rhassen)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-21-2007, 12:03 AM Reply   
Kenny- you won't have problems with them but you'll want the new style soon. The solid pin system is rather cumbersome when you want to stack your boards after a ride. I'll probably buy the newer style for 07 that is similar but improved from the original 3 pin system
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-21-2007, 12:13 AM Reply   
I think your probably right but my wife ain't to keen (she's pretty pissed off!)on spending another $100 when they should be doing it for free since they are just now approaching the 1 year mark that we have had them. But they are doing the huge cotter pin style for free, had I known this before I bought them and that they would not replace them with the same style or better for no charge but rather what we consider a down grade, I don't honestly believe we would have gotten them.
Old     (h2omantx)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-22-2007, 10:06 AM Reply   
I haven't had the same problems others have reported.

I think the reason is when I had one of the pins begin to stick; I noticed that one of the screws was loose. I went and bought some thread “lock-tight” and used it on every screw and bolt. I tightened every screw and bolt on the racks including the main bolt (the one the rack pivots on). That bolt I tightened down so the rack is a little stiff to move back and forth. Try it and see if that helps.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-22-2007, 5:33 PM Reply   
My pins weren't sticking, when in the locked position a small jolt would unsecure them. the spring loaded pin that locks them into place has good tension but would just give. I did notice that they (roswell) should have used a pin that went deeper into the body.
Old     (flyspec14)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-22-2007, 5:42 PM Reply   
Roswell is great to work with on the fix. I'm sure they are losing money by offering the upgrade to 07 swivels. Well worth it! I have never had any issues with the set set they sent me for my 05 boat...
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-22-2007, 6:04 PM Reply   
NOT bashing Roswell at all, they are NOT giving the upgrade for FREE, they are replacing mine with ones that have a HUGE cotter pin that you have to pull out, its not the push button style one like the set I currently have. If I want the same style (push pin) then it'll cost another 100 bones.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-23-2007, 9:19 PM Reply   
kenny
for the upgrade of $100 you do not get the same style. you get the palm push style... much better, but sounds as if they are still working on some improvements on that. roswell has always been a stand up company... just hang tight and i bet they will take care of you....