Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 01, 2004

Old    wkurtangleboy            04-20-2004, 9:24 AM Reply   
Hey I was just wondering which is a better binding... Parks or the Highbacks???
Thanks guys,
Chris
Old    boofhead            04-20-2004, 9:50 AM Reply   
Ive got 03 highbacks - no complaints, good hold down, easy in and out, good ankle support. Only issue is all the velcro that doesnt give much adjustment, and the usual HL outer splitting issues.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-20-2004, 9:54 AM Reply   
dude, if you've got the money, go with the parks. It does take a couple of seconds longer to get them on and off, but you have soo much adjustability, which i find is necessary for different temperature conditions.

Saying that, the high backs are sweet bindings and super comfy, but not as nice as the parks.
Old    imac            04-20-2004, 12:53 PM Reply   
Highbacks are my pick. They are super comfortable. And they can be adjusted to any foot feel you like.
Old    hpdvs            04-20-2004, 2:34 PM Reply   
If you've got up knee's or just want some good supportive bindings get the Highbacks
Old     (hypoxic_films)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-20-2004, 9:00 PM Reply   
I rode last years parks for the longest time. I rode the new parks and I liked them but they didnt seem the same, so I rode the 03 highbacks and love them.

Danny Turner
HYPOXIC FILMS
hypoxicfilms.com
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-20-2004, 9:05 PM Reply   
Parks takes longer to get on or off? You know you can loosen the laces, right?
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-21-2004, 1:58 AM Reply   
yeah, thats why it takes soo long. i'm comparing myself to someone with ultras and highbacks, they just slip them on and thats it.

with the parks it takes a little longer to: tighten the toe section, then sort out the laces, tighten the ankle section, feed the option 2 strap thro its loops, then tighten the option 2.

its well worth it, but it does take a couple of seconds more
Old    wkurtangleboy            04-21-2004, 1:00 PM Reply   
Ok thanks for your replys guys.... let me just put this all into perspective... Im pretty much a beginner and Im 13. So im not guna have bad knees or anything. I definatly ride a knees bent style cuz I never ride with a center fin and I need the molded fins to hold more. Im not taht great or anything. Right now I can land TS frontrolls and tantrums but I want a lot of room for improvement.
SO HERES THE QUESTION: AFTER READING THE ABOVE WHICH IS A BETTER BINDING, PARKS OR HIGHBACKS???
Old    wkurtangleboy            04-21-2004, 1:05 PM Reply   
SORRY BUT I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION..... What is that thing on the Parks bindings where you can like disconnect the lace from one of the whole. And.... how do you lace up the parks... I mean they only have one lace so do utighten them individualy or with one big pull??
THANKS,
CHRIS
Old    wkurtangleboy            04-21-2004, 1:07 PM Reply   
SORRY BUT I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION..... What is that thing on the Parks bindings where you can like disconnect the lace from one of the whole. And.... how do you lace up the parks... I mean they only have one lace so do utighten them individualy or with one big pull??
THANKS,
CHRIS
Old    boofhead            04-21-2004, 2:19 PM Reply   
The 04 highbacks are meant to have more foward lean for knees bent styles. Best thing to do is try a bunch on a see what fits your foot best, and then get the best fit you can afford
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-22-2004, 2:13 AM Reply   
Firstly, i don't recon you're a beginner, sounds to me like if you've got a couple of inverts and ure only 13, u're doing pretty damn well.

second, the last lace hole on the parks acts as a clinch, so you can pull the lace out of this hole, give the toe section a good pull, and put the lace into the clinch so the toes stay locked down. from there just give a good pull on the last section (not individual) and it all tightens nice and evenly.

lastly, the parks also have more forward lean this year, i think its actually more than the highbacks
Old    wkurtangleboy            04-24-2004, 1:25 PM Reply   
Thanks Harry I understand the parks now... I read about that quick clinch and I really didnt get it but it makes a bit more sense now!!!
Thanks
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-24-2004, 1:32 PM Reply   
Chris, I'd suggest going and trying the both bindings on and see what feels more comfortable, we all got differant feet. Both are equally good bindings, just personal preferance to suit your style.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-24-2004, 4:36 PM Reply   
kristain is right, altho having said that, i found that out of all the bindings i tried this year, that the parks (medium large) and the high backs (medium large) seemed the most similar in fit.

who knows its probably cause they might have the same inner.

in the end i went for the parks just cause i like having the adjustability, and when i want i can get full lock down.
but make ur own choice, they're both sweet bindings, just make sure they fit even across your whole foot!!!
Old    wkurtangleboy            04-27-2004, 5:56 PM Reply   
OK i just went to my local wakeshop and I tried on both...... I finished with the Parks!! Those are awesome. The got alot more snug and were very comfortable.... I was just out today riding them and man its an improvement from my splits... I landed my second 360 today and i usually never get close cuz my foot would come half way out the bindins...
Thanks to all who replied!!
Chris
Old    rypayne            04-27-2004, 7:29 PM Reply   
parks