Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    mojorisr            06-19-2003, 3:15 PM Reply   
I recently moved to orange county from san diego and was wondering if anyone could tell me where the best boat ramp and best part of Lake elsinore to ride. Also costs to launch and opinions of the lake. Unfortunately, my beloved San Vicente is a bit to far and I haven't had very good luck at Perris. Any info. would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Old     (waken23v)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-19-2003, 3:31 PM Reply   
Lake Elsinore West Marina is the best setup. They are expensive because they start charging per person after the first two people- Pretty Sh:tty! $12 ($6 launch, $6 City Lake use fee) for two people and then it is $4 or $5 for each additional person. The Lake Elsinore City campground is OK if is not too windy. It is only $12 for how ever many you can fit in the car. They are both on Riverside drive. There are Annual passes you can get from the City to avoid the $6 Lake use fee. I think is is a $120 for non residents.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-19-2003, 3:34 PM Reply   
the best ramp is Elsinore west, but the people there are usually really rude. Elsinore west is the ramp on riverside drive with the white brick wall at the entrance at the north part of the lake. As far as a good place to ride at elsinore, most people just do laps around the whole lake (you must go counter clock-wise). Sometimes there will be good water in spots but it's a rather small lake, so we just usually ride through the crap to get to the decent stuff. There is a channel but I don't know where they get the passes for it.

Garrett - Are you guys out there a lot? I see your boat there almost every time I'm there. Most of the time I'm there in a different boat. Either a red/black sante, a white/purple '94 Ski Nautique, or a blue '01 wakesetter.
Old    smwakeboarder            06-19-2003, 3:35 PM Reply   
at elsinore youll get glass if you go in the morning or during the week days, i have never been to perris but i might go this year
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-19-2003, 4:19 PM Reply   
The best way to find all this stuff out is to take a highly qualified WakeWhore with you. Both myself and Thane could tell you the ins and outs of the lake but it is better if we can show you in person you know after a nice morning of riding. Shoot me an email if you are ever heading out and need a third! Later

Tim
Old    k2rider            06-19-2003, 8:55 PM Reply   
Why haven't you had good luck at Perris? It can get windy as the day goes by but the water clarity and quality far surpasses that of Elsinore. We used to go nowhere but Elsinore until the big fish kill last year. We've been going to Perris ever since. It's cheaper to get in and I can see my feet when I'm floating in the water!!
Old    mojorisr            06-19-2003, 11:26 PM Reply   
Thanks to all for the information. Mike, to answer your question about perris- the first time I went there I got in a tangle with a very poorly marked rock($4500 in damage). I went to report it to the rangers for insurance purposes and he started giving me the third degree about having alcohol(looking through our ice chests). Luckily that day we didn't have any(I didn't know at the time that it was a rule there.)Anyway, I was crushed about my boat and didn't appreciate the way I was treated. The second time my boat ran for about 10 min.(a piece of plastic in the fuel line)... minor. This is why i haven't had much luck there. Perris was nice till the wind picked up. I went there 2 other times and couldn't even get in the water it was so windy. I am curious to see what else is out there.
Old     (ocrider)      Join Date: Dec 2001       06-19-2003, 11:33 PM Reply   
I am dissappointed that Thane doesn't give any love to Calabria he rides in occasionally...what kind of WakeWhore is that??

Ryan
Old     (waken23v)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-20-2003, 7:31 AM Reply   
We try to get out at least once a week which is not enough for me. We are heading out to Lake Mohave this weekend. Hope the conditions we be nice. Shoot me an email with your phone number. I am always looking for a third. I called Tim a few times at the last minute, but he hasn't made it out with us. I went out to Castaic a few weeks ago and the wake seemed bigger than at Elsinore. Castaic is really deep and you can just about walk across Elsinore. Maybe there is some truth to deeper waters enhancing the wake.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-20-2003, 7:54 PM Reply   
Garrett - sweet dude. I'll be riding on the Colorado this weekend down by Avi.

Ryan - how did I forget your boat? I am a crummy wakewhore.
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-23-2003, 10:35 AM Reply   
Garrett, I have since been laid off at one of my jobs so I could probably make it out now! I still would like to get out with you.

OHH yeah and if anyone knows where I can get a job I would appreciate it
Old     (waken23v)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-23-2003, 4:02 PM Reply   
You let me know when you have a job, (Wakewhore + no job = no cash), then maybe you can come out. J/K This is goog for me because you are more available to ride. We are going to be very busy for the next few weeks- moving, vacation to Mexico, wedding out of town. If I can squeeze something in, I will give you a call.
Old    aesop            06-23-2003, 9:51 PM Reply   
Tim,

I hear that wakesports will hire just about anybody. Try getting a job there.