Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-24-2010, 7:56 PM Reply   
Anybody ever used them? Curious about their quality and customer service

www.copycatcovers.com
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-24-2010, 8:09 PM Reply   
a 3 second google search found http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/sh...Copycat-Covershttp://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/sh...Copycat-Covers
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-24-2010, 9:51 PM Reply   
harsh...
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-25-2010, 7:11 AM Reply   
Wanted to hear from people here. What were there................... 4 responses on the Nautique site. Thanks for the useful info
Already checked the MC site as well with one response. This is a much bigger community with way more people......... thanks again for your useless post. Really helped answer my question. Hope it made you feel better. Why even have a board here for any question with your thinking. Just use google...........
Old     (nickbot)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-25-2010, 9:15 AM Reply   
you get what you pay for...with copycat covers and free advice...
Old     (njwaterwarrior)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-25-2010, 10:45 AM Reply   
I just went through a F-ing nightmare with Copycat covers. I sent seats out to them in the winter of this year, with a promise that they would turn them around in 3-5 weeks, but I didnt receive them until June. Apparently they went through some sort of management change, and I got stuck with no seats for the beginning of the season because all their employees jumped ship. The customer service sucked horribly, and they consistently told me I would be getting pieces by the end of the week, only to call Monday and get the run around again. The only good thing I have to say about that establishment, would be that they used good quality materials. It just took 5 months to get them back. I would recommend finding a different upholstery company to handle your work.

Steve
Old     (big_poppa_pump)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-25-2010, 1:34 PM Reply   
Wow perfect timing. I may give this a try. I've only got a few small pieces to do, custom shop kinda wants a mint and my boat's too old to get direct from MasterCraft.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-25-2010, 4:52 PM Reply   
I hear ya Chaun............... there price(copycat) is half of what my local shop wanted, that is why my post. 2200 for all my cockpit seat bases (excluding drivers seat), sun deck, rear seat back and the 2 side panels installed. I did remove my sundeck and 2 side panles to just bring it all in to them otherwise it would have been more for labor. $920 from copycat for the skins and me to stretch and staple them.
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-25-2010, 6:31 PM Reply   
I would to hear how your experience is with them if any of you do go with copycat. I am looking to redo mine either this winter or next at the latest.
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-25-2010, 7:10 PM Reply   
wow yall get butt hurt easy
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-25-2010, 7:21 PM Reply   
No I think someone pissed in swatguys cheerios this morning. No biggie.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-26-2010, 10:35 AM Reply   
Nah my milk was a little warm in my Lucky Charms is all

Last edited by xstarrider; 10-26-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Old     (redracer2003)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-26-2010, 4:09 PM Reply   
The PlanetNautique thread on Copycat covers i started and i got a few good feedbacks from guys with 2-3 posts so that didn't hold much water for me!
I asked Copycat Covers for a quote in June with no intentions of doing anything until October and I will admit from June until the day i committed my seats to them they were persistent on trying to get a hold of me to see if i was interested and to tell me about specials they were running. The owner even called me to talk for a while about the company and how long he's been in the business. I finally sent them my seats a few weeks ago and have gotten nothing back but it's only been a few weeks. I will be calling them to see how things are going and when i get the product back I will post a review on the company!
For the record i got a quote for my three seats from Copycat Covers and NautiqueSkins.com and CC was $187 cheaper than NS.
Old     (big_poppa_pump)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-27-2010, 10:28 AM Reply   
Wow, too bad there isn't a MasterCraftSkins.com. That NautiqueSkins.com site has some great products/services.

Just for giggles, I just typed it in...and Lo and Behold...MasterCraftSkins.com!! Options, gotta luv em!!!

Last edited by big_poppa_pump; 10-27-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-27-2010, 11:58 AM Reply   
WHAT THA !!@#$ Who would have known.

Thanks Chaun

Called them up and they are just getting up and running as an MC Exclusive shop branched from their original shop. This was their first summer. Seemed like decent people on the phone. Sending them some info and we will see how things transpire.

What are the odds
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       10-27-2010, 4:21 PM Reply   
I've been in their shop a few times & have seen some of the covers first hand .They did go through some management changes awhile back . It's a pretty easy for them to make cheaper costing seats as right down the road is Bri-Tech & you can buy good quality vinyls for about $5.99 a yard if you get 10 yd cuts. The rest is just labor. I think I had about $100 in mine doing them myself.
Old     (chris4x4gill2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-29-2010, 11:47 AM Reply   
I am sending my skins to CopyCat next month. So far I cant speak for the quality of the product but their customer service has been top notch. Their price is less than half what I was quoted from NautiqueSkins. The sales Rep I dealt with (Scott) was very helpful and the sample board they sent seems to be of good quality.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-04-2010, 4:43 AM Reply   
I just dropped my rear sundeck and rear seat back from my 97 supersport off at a local guy. He said ballpark 200 to do them both with him installing them back on. I got a quote from Nautique skins this spring for 450 and that was just the rear sundeck skin not even the rear seat back. I had him do all my seat bottoms about 5 years ago and they've been great so far. See if you guys can find any small local places to have them done. This guy just does them out of his house.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-04-2010, 5:02 AM Reply   
I was quoted 2700 for full-boat skins from the factory regarding a boat I'm looking at buying. Last Monday, after reading this thread, I filled out and submitted the on-line query for Copy Cat and have heard not a peep so far.

Perhaps a WTF? phone call will be made later today.
Old     (Archie)      Join Date: Nov 2011       11-07-2011, 2:44 PM Reply   
Hi I am the real new owner for the last six months.
We are working hard to see to all of your needs.
Our new production shop has only 4 people with a combined experience of give or take 90 years. Hence Copycatupholstery.
We want to speacialize.
All of the feedback I found when looking into the business said the materials were outstanding and the work was good , great, excellent but the turn around was too long.
We are only taking so many orders per week.
7 full boats and smaller fill in seat , bench, gunnel projects with the occasional auto trim. jobs about 5 to10 additional.
Turn around is at most 3 weeks or less now, barring special embroidery 2-3 days
We can be reached via our website www.copycatupholstery.com for quotes or forget that e me archie@copycatupholstery.com
Commercial customers please continue to use www.copycatcovers.com
I did not buy this business to starve to death.
Arch