Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dcwillette)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-16-2010, 8:02 PM Reply   
I see that Rankin went out of business. Does anyone out there make good quality, custom, trailierable covers now?

Looking for one for a Malibu VLX with Illusion tower that's being shipped from Texas to Canada.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-16-2010, 8:32 PM Reply   
I'd wrap it for that trip...
Old     (dcwillette)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-16-2010, 8:49 PM Reply   
I'm selling the boat... the buyer is having it shipped. Just looking for cost-effective solutions. I don't know anything about wrapping it.

Btw, another reason I'm interested in knowing the answer to who makes trailerable covers because when I buy another boat... I want one.
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-16-2010, 10:27 PM Reply   
If you know a local Malibu dealer they have covers that are used to get the boats from the factory to the dealer. Not really a cover you would use day to day but one solely for transporting a boat. I know Kyle at Osborn transport had some, don't know if he would sell one or not.
Old     (repo)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-17-2010, 1:04 AM Reply   
I think Overtons or iboats sell the wrap plastic by the roll. Would be a better option for a long distance trip as it doesn't really move around on the hull causing scratches on the gel coat.
Old     (repo)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-17-2010, 1:05 AM Reply   
I think Overtons or iboats sell the wrap plastic by the roll. Would be a better option for a long distance trip as it doesn't really move around on the hull causing scratches on the gel coat.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-17-2010, 6:22 AM Reply   
Shrink wrap on a boat for that distance will leave scratches if not done properly.I know,my black boat got some scars from just an hour drive with the shrink wrap on.For a trip of that distance you have to use carpet or styrofoam blocks to lift the plastic from the fiberglass.You will get scaring for sure where the banding runs throuugh the plastic for securing to the boat.To do it yourself,you need a special torch for shrinking the wrap after it is on the boat.Ask around there should be someone that shrink wraps in your area.It shouldn,t be that expensive,split the cost with the buyer.An experienced shrink wraper can wrap that boat in an hour or less.
Old     (dcwillette)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-17-2010, 9:36 AM Reply   
I don't see shrink happening is this case. So, does anyone make a good tralierable cover.
Old     (IndyMC)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-17-2010, 1:26 PM Reply   
skiboatcovers.com
evolutioncovers.com
Old     (dDavid)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-19-2010, 5:36 PM Reply   
Does anyone have any idea what the prices are approx. on the evolution covers?
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-20-2010, 7:33 AM Reply   
My Malibu dealer sold me the shipping cover for $175. Needed to have something now. They must return them to the factory after delivery.