Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old    phxwatersports            01-09-2004, 9:36 AM Reply   
Anybody gone to Saguaro in the last week?
Old    leftcoastpunk            01-09-2004, 5:37 PM Reply   
Ya, I was out there yesterday and am going out tomarrow. Great riding weather. Yesterday was super smooth.
Old    phxwatersports            01-09-2004, 10:59 PM Reply   
How was the water colder than last month? Are yo drysuiting or wet suit?
Old    leftcoastpunk            01-10-2004, 12:08 PM Reply   
The water temp was was around 60. Im still just in my long sleeve spring suit, I really dont think that you need a drysuit as long as the weather holds up.
Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-13-2004, 2:57 PM Reply   
Yeah, I'm glad I didn't drop a load of cash on a new dry suit this year. Waters been great every time I go

Nice profile pic Michael

www.enemyofevil.com
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-13-2004, 3:59 PM Reply   
Do you AZ dudes bust Apache? That was always my favorite lake as a kid.

If we only had a Roosevelt, Apache, Canyon, Saguaro, Pleasant lineup in SoCal....we'd have twice as many immigrants ;-)

What's it take to get onto Thunderbird?
Old    leftcoastpunk            01-14-2004, 11:19 PM Reply   
Hey thanks bro, you too. Ya apache is great, but the road there is pretty shady with a boat. Thunderbird? do you mean Firebird?? if so about $2000 a year not exactly sure, Our Wakeboarding team at ASU tried to get out there but we got denied so we ended up at Bartlett.
Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-15-2004, 10:37 AM Reply   
$2900 a year. We just called yesterday.

Michael, you're on the ASU team? Do I need to be a student to join? (that was a dumb question) let me revise, how many credits do you need and what all else is involved?
Old    leftcoastpunk            01-15-2004, 3:15 PM Reply   
Ya I'm on the team. The university requires full time status (12 credits), but our team president has been working with the school to allow SCC students to join so we can get Jimmy Wolf on the team. We have some nonstudents that coach on the team though. Do you go to ASU?
Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-15-2004, 3:24 PM Reply   
Nope... I went to a graphic design school. I could probably help coach. I know B. Brinks and Jimmy Wolf. But I just wanna ride as much as possible with good riders. I need to be pushed and influenced to advance and get better. And competition is always a plus.

watch this and let me know if I would be a plus to the team or not.

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=9722
Old    leftcoastpunk            01-15-2004, 3:50 PM Reply   
Sick film bro. Brett is actually our coach. You would definetly be a plus for the team. Im not exactly sure what the plans are yet for second semester but i know that every saturday is club day where the club and team ride together. We are also having a febuary freezer competition. Shoot John P our team pres an email and he can give you better info than me. John.Panhuise@asu.edu hope this helps.
Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-16-2004, 11:43 AM Reply   
nice... i will, thanks.
Old     (zee)      Join Date: May 2001       01-18-2004, 7:52 AM Reply   
Bartlett was sick yesterday, drysuit is a bit too warm. Water temp was about 56-57, air temp was 70-ish, butter all day. If anyone heads out to Saguaro soon and needs a third, email me at zee@wakepics.com. I'm not too far from Saguaro and have Mon-Thur afternoons available.
Old    leftcoastpunk            01-19-2004, 11:16 PM Reply   
Leslie you got to ASU right? You should think of joining the WakeDevils, we have a club and a team and are trying to get enough girls to start a girls team. I usually go out on tuesdays and thursdays to saguaro.
Old     (zee)      Join Date: May 2001       01-20-2004, 11:21 AM Reply   
Michael, yep I am full time at ASU. I've seen the team out on Bartlett a couple times, and really didn't have the time last semester to ride much. This semester will be different though, so I'd like to ride with you guys. I'll shoot you an email and we'll hook up soon!
Old    bambamski            01-20-2004, 2:10 PM Reply   
Do any of you Arizona folks know Rumman Koke aka the Wake leech?
Old    motoxxx02            01-20-2004, 3:44 PM Reply   
Whats up guys im out every weekend boarding at pleasent or roosevelt and sometimes sagauro, but do any of u riders in AZ go out to pleasent ever ?
Old    leftcoastpunk            01-20-2004, 4:12 PM Reply   
Whats up cody. I try to stay clear of pleasant especially on summer weekends, that lake just gets too crowed, plus its open to the wind and the water temps are alot colder than saguaro in the winters.
Old    steveaz            01-20-2004, 6:31 PM Reply   
Hey Pat, whatchya need, did that dead beat stiff ya on gas money? I'll kick his arse;) I see him all the time, we work and board together.

Steve
Old    bambamski            01-20-2004, 8:12 PM Reply   
Tell the Dead beat that I'm coming down to brave the cool April waters in Arizona if someone takes me boarding.

The Leech rode with us a couple of times here in the frozen north and said if I was ever in town to look him up. Do you brave folks from Arizona ride the beginning of April?

Anyways, tell him I'm looking for him and he can email me at at@segl.ca">pat@segl.ca when he gets a chance.

Thanks
Old    motoxxx02            01-20-2004, 8:22 PM Reply   
Ya the only thing is michael, that i try to go to sagauro as much as i can when i dont make a trip out of going to powell but my friends boats are out in pleasent so untill im a lil older and can buy my own boat, im kinda stuck at pleasent
Old    steveaz            01-20-2004, 8:46 PM Reply   
Not to worry, we'll be sure to get you out on the water and yes, I'll pass the word along.

April huh? A heater shirt and shorts for us on a good day. Probably just shorts for you and we ride all year around,