Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    bobbymucic            07-15-2004, 10:25 AM Reply   
I might be heading up with my boat to camp in the overflow area at Nacimiento.

Is this a bad idea? I am not worried about the camp facilities, it is just five or six guys going.

But I've got a couple of questions for those of you who frequent the lake.

1.Do you leave the boat in the water at night or trailer it out?

2.Do you keep the truck and trailer near the water where you camp?

3. Am I better off going to Lake San Antonio? I'd be missing the party scene at the narrows, but it the lake better for riding?

thanks
Old    foobysmacker            07-15-2004, 11:29 AM Reply   
I've never done overflow but it seems pretty cool being right on the beach. Have checked in to oak knoll on a Thursday AM to get one of the sites right at the edge near the water and anchored the boat right off the beach (short walk down the hill. As a rule, I don't leave anything in the boat.

Alternatively, especially when there are lots of guys on the beach and lots of boats, too-- I just bite the bullet on the nightly slip fee at the marina and leave the water in a slip for the night (keeping the slip for the whole stay). While we still drive over to the marina in the morning it's still nice not to launch over and over again.

If I didn't have small kids who like to ride their bikes in the campgrounds and use the facilities a lot I'd probably just do the overflow area and leave the boat in the water.

Old     (scottay)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-15-2004, 11:53 AM Reply   
i heard san antonio is down 40%, anyone know for sure?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-15-2004, 12:01 PM Reply   
No worries, Naci is pretty chill. Just take your boards & expensive stuff out just in case. If you wanna ride you gotta get up super early for any decent water. Naci is great, let me know when you'll be up. I'll come out & party the Narrows w/ ya.
Old    bobbymucic            07-15-2004, 12:40 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info so far..

Stephen...we are going up this weekend. Still not sure where though.. my boat pic is in my profile..

I just sent an email to the guys I'll be going up there with...It's between BV, naci, and San antonio..Maybe we'll do naci/SA sat/sun..

Scottay...
http://www.mcwra.co.monterey.ca.us/Agency_data/ReservoirData/CurrentReservoirData/d&r_current_n.htm

Naci is ~40% full, SA ~%50

Stephen...we are going up this weekend. Still not sure where though.. my boat pic is in my profile..
Old     (scottay)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-15-2004, 1:29 PM Reply   
So...its still good riding? seems pretty low....
Old     (scottay)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-15-2004, 1:34 PM Reply   
hey stephen, know a kid named chad on the slo wakeboard team? new kid from Minn. dunno if he can ride or not, we got him started a few years back at BV. scott
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-15-2004, 1:49 PM Reply   
Scott - It's not ringing a bell. There is a bunch of people in the club now, well over a hundred. What year is he at school? I'll keep an eye out, usually the beer goggles make positive ID a difficult thing.
Old    bobbymucic            07-15-2004, 2:52 PM Reply   
Looks like I am heading to BV instead..
Thanks for the naci tips, though.