Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    tommyracer73            06-25-2003, 1:50 PM Reply   
Hi, another long one from me I am afraid...

I have been told that to start popping Raleys and bigger air, I need to work on my progressive edge. I think I have suddenly clicked and realise what people mean now. I ride at a cable park and have no wake. When I first started, I loved the speed you could get by just cutting as tight as you can on the fins to go fast.. Then I would invariably be going too fast for the cable which would go slack etc... Whenever I tried this on toeside or riding goofy, then it just broke loose all the time.

NOW... I have realised that if I turn in to edge more slowly, it will bite better and edge better, deeper and firmer. Then I put more edge in and pull harder. This is beginning to work on ts and goofy too. When I do this, I can REALLY feel the tension building up in the line as I "progress" the edge...

I want to know, am I on the right track here? It feels right to me.. I will try with 1" fins maybe tomorrow as I have been on 2.5" (the only way I could ride goofy)

I managed my first jump 180 today... nothing spectacular to me, but without a wake its tough lol. I also managed a knee twist and a hard headplant lol... luckily not a faceplant.

Thanks for any advice.

Tom...
Old    rdavis            06-25-2003, 2:45 PM Reply   
Tom,
I am also beginning to develop a progressive edge. I usually ride behind a boat, but starting slow on your cut definitely helps hold your edge. In my opinion, if you can edge correctly, the size of fin doesnt matter (though it may take some getting used to).
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-25-2003, 3:46 PM Reply   
Just concentrate on a slow, rounded aproach keeping the rope tight. the tight rope is the key. Once you figure that out you can speed up your aproach. rounded aproach keeping the rope tight.
Old    tommyracer73            06-26-2003, 1:22 AM Reply   
Sounds like I am on the right track... Thanks for your help guys!

My chest is REALLY aching today, so I must be doing something different!

Tom...